Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thumbs up

also, props to his brother Mike. According to IC, he was cheering for Duke, and some posters there aren't very happy about that to say the least.

thats a great article...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfax336 View Post
    thats a great article...
    It sure is. Thanks for posting it, otherwise I probably would have missed it.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

I know there are more of you out there who need to come clean. Come on!!!

The issue

The real issue isnt that Greg Paulus is not a good basketball player. Instead, the real issue is that he is not a pure point guard. He is a fantastic shooter, and tough as nails, no question about it, but when he was recruited he was supposed to be a pure pass first point guard. If you want him to be Hurley or Jason Williams getting into the lane and getting 6 assists a game, you will be disappointed in him. If you are looking for a scrappy basketball player who can hit tough shots and make tough plays, you will love him. Personally, I think he adds a toughness to this team that is irreplaceable, and his outside shot is a real weapon. I will live with the 2-3 turnovers a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Paulus Article & Poll

...and a Poll on: What Do You Think Of Paulus
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/6241247
    Should this be in a poll skewing thread? I just voted, and Love Greg is winning with 81%!

More of you are out there... come on.

i'm coming clean. i was one of his harsher critics on here last year because he was, at times, downright awful. fast forward to this year and his progression has been nothing short of remarkable. he's never going to be a 1st team all american point guard but he has dramatically improved so many facets of his game and is a key cog in this team. i think it was the mental errors (like picking up his dribble in the backcourt) that drove me the most nuts last year and he has, by and large, eliminated them.

i don't think anyone questioned his attitude, effort or moxie last year and they are just as stellar this year. probably most importantly, i think that he is a tremendous ambassador for the school. could he be any more self-deprecating, humble and complementary of his teammates and coaches? he has been a pleasure to watch this past month and clearly the team is significantly better when he plays well. now that i have posted this, watch him go out and put up a goose egg next game...

Quote Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    I have been as hard as anyone on Greg Paulus on this board, but my god did he play out of his mind last night, as well as other nights. This thread, which may be merged into another (I'm hoping it won't), is all about posters like myself owning up and eating crow. So come out, come out, where ever you are. I'm extremely happy to be doing so. Well done Greg.
    If GP is winning over guys like you, he must really be doing something right

Glad that he's winning more people over, and that at least some of those who have bashed him are big enough to come out and make a statement like yours. Well done.

I've never been a Paulus detractor. I have always had an appreciation for his hustle and hard work. Last night, and in many other games, his play was crucial and he responded with aplomb. The three pointers he has made of late, came at very pivotal points in the momentum flow of the game, and I'm not just referring to last night's contest.

Geez, captmojo, your avatar is something else!

I love the kid!

Paulus is exactly what a player should be...he gives 100% of what he has everytime he's on the floor. Flawless? Not by a long shot. His athletic skills are limited but his heart and smarts for the game are limitless!

Nelson may be the captain but Paulus is the leader of this Duke team!

How far he has come...

Check out this piece from last year and compare the supporting individual stats to this year's oeuvre.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Geez, captmojo, your avatar is something else!
    Ain't he purdy?

Greg

His play on the offensive and defensive ends of the court have been amazing in the past 10 or so games. He is the pilot light to our gas logs, if you will. I love the intensity and passion that he plays with. It seems to me that Greg loves wearing the Duke jersey just as much as anyone who has ever worn one, and his confidence and fire lately have been just oozing out in all situations. Thank you Greg Paulus, for playing at Duke.

Well said. He has earned is role to say the least.

Paulus is a great warrior for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_a_Blue_Devil View Post
    His play on the offensive and defensive ends of the court have been amazing in the past 10 or so games. He is the pilot light to our gas logs, if you will. I love the intensity and passion that he plays with. It seems to me that Greg loves wearing the Duke jersey just as much as anyone who has ever worn one, and his confidence and fire lately have been just oozing out in all situations. Thank you Greg Paulus, for playing at Duke.
    and this guy has totally elevated his leadership and overall game to will Duke to victory this year. this is his break out year, and it's all coming together for him, finally. lastly, he's now getting the accolades and credit that's he's worked for, and this has been simmering within him, probably, for two years running now.

i just want him to CONTINUE to play with passion and verve and with that chip on his shoulder. he's better when he knows he's the Next Great 'Hated' Duke Player, as JJ the Great Redick had predicted that he would be.

All hail Greg Paulus, a great warrior for Duke!

dth.

When Greg gets fired up...

I absolutely love watching him when he gets fired up and puts the team on his back. I agree with you about the pride he feels and shows for wearing the Duke jersey. Considering that he was so heralded in football, to give up that future to come here, well, I think that should make any Duke fan proud.

He is THE PAULUS.

And he ain't a-scared of anybody.