The next four games

I'm filled with euphoria after tonight's game, and it's been hard for me to look past it since it was such a big one. So, now that Carolina's in the bag, what does our next slate of games look like? We'll have 4 conference games, a conference break against St. John's and then the home stretch of the ACC season.

So, here's what's on tap:

Next 4 games (before our conference break vs. St. John's):

Boston College
    Maryland
    @ Wake Forest
    @ Miami

The good news: our two road games should be fairly easy to handle. Miami and WF are at the bottom of the league and we match up pretty well.

Boston College and Maryland are different stories, but at least we play them at home. Both teams are going to come in very hungry and needing a big road win. Boston College needs a win to pull themselves up in the standings and if Maryland can pull off a huge road win, they can solidify themselves as the #3 team in the ACC.

Barring some sort of breakdown in the way we've been playing, Maryland and BC will be tough games, but I'm confident we'll come out with Ws. I never like discrediting other teams just at face value, but I'm not sure how WF or Miami is going to keep up with us.

I never like the team to look ahead past the next game, but what the heck, I'm just a fan, so I'm gonna say it: We could be looking at 12-0 in a couple of weeks if everything goes right. 12-0!!!

Man, this season has been fun.

I can see us getting upset by Maryland because of how they always come out against us. They are also playing very well right now. The other three I would go ahead and put in the W column without too much hesitation.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    I can see us getting upset by Maryland because of how they always come out against us. They are also playing very well right now. The other three I would go ahead and put in the W column without too much hesitation.
    I don't think I could put any ACC game n the W column withouth hesitation. In particular, the Miami game on their home court is going to be a battle and I wouldn't be surprised if they knocked us off. It's a tough game to travel to, we've already seen how physical they are and on their home court they will play with an extra bounce in their step. That game makes me more nervous than the other three.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

I'm excited. I have tickets to the Miami game in Coral Gables. I am taking a couple of Wisconsin fans to see what real basketball is about.

Agreed about Maryland. After having seen us play once, you better believe that Gary's gonna have his squad ready. And they seem to thrive off the atmosphere at Cameron. I'm glad we have the BC game inbetween now and then as a buffer from the euphoria of last night.

But we can't possibly lose to the 'terps - not on Coach K's birthday!!!!
    My family and I will be there rooting along - actually looking forward to seeing how Osby's fro looks in person.

Assuming Duke doesn't have a major letdown following last night's game, BC at home should be no problem. They're getting too much credit because they started 3-1 in the ACC, but have come back down. Duke wins convincingly.

The Maryland game is a tough one. However, remember that Duke had its worst defensive half of the season against Maryland and still won the game by nine. Even though the Terps are playing well they aren't exactly winning against a murderer's row of competition. A complete game and Duke wins, but Maryland has the ability to surprise. I'm not willing to concede that they'll be great just because they usually play well in Cameron, though. Not enough scoring options.

I can see either Wake or Miami pulling off the upset. Miami gave the Devils a tough game last weekend and will be up for the game. However, they could be finished by the time Duke comes to town. What Miami does between now and that game will determine what kind of shot Duke gets from 'em.

Wake is young, but has really come together. Fortunately, I don't think they'll score enough points or handle our pressure, though the freshman Johnson could be a matchup problem.

Obviously, Duke should win all four, but there will be a letdown game at some point here. I just hope it's on the road against a decent team. Still, I have a feeling we'll be 12-0 after this stretch. My optimism could change if Miami somehow turns it around and has momentum going into the game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HumboldtDevil View Post
    Assuming Duke doesn't have a major letdown following last night's game, BC at home should be no problem. They're getting too much credit because they started 3-1 in the ACC, but have come back down. Duke wins convincingly.

The Maryland game is a tough one. However, remember that Duke had its worst defensive half of the season against Maryland and still won the game by nine. Even though the Terps are playing well they aren't exactly winning against a murderer's row of competition. A complete game and Duke wins, but Maryland has the ability to surprise. I'm not willing to concede that they'll be great just because they usually play well in Cameron, though. Not enough scoring options.

I can see either Wake or Miami pulling off the upset. Miami gave the Devils a tough game last weekend and will be up for the game. However, they could be finished by the time Duke comes to town. What Miami does between now and that game will determine what kind of shot Duke gets from 'em.

Wake is young, but has really come together. Fortunately, I don't think they'll score enough points or handle our pressure, though the freshman Johnson could be a matchup problem.

Obviously, Duke should win all four, but there will be a letdown game at some point here. I just hope it's on the road against a decent team. Still, I have a feeling we'll be 12-0 after this stretch. My optimism could change if Miami somehow turns it around and has momentum going into the game, though.
    Honestly, I don't see how Miami gives us a run. We played one of our worst offensive halves of the season in the first half of the first game against them and still led by nearly double digits. I think we win by double-digits against Miami.

With Wake, I think they're too young and lack the weapons to challenge Duke. We match up really well against them, and they don't have the depth to stay with us.

The BC game worries me only in the potential for a letdown/trap game. Other than that, the Maryland game is the only one that concerns me. Maryland has the inside game and the perimeter game to give us trouble. We'll have to play well to beat them again.