A classic Roy-Will quote

From the postgame:

"They got any shot they wanted. I don't know very many times tonight our defense dictated what shot they got. They had better spacing; they were more patient. I asked, and they thought I was kidding--it shows how poor of a coach I am, at one time out I told them I wanted a dunk or a 35 second shot clock violation. We didn't get either one of them."

O' Roy Boy Has Such A Way With Words ,typical Carolina Grad.

dunk

actually ol roy said sean may wanted dunkin doughnuts

thats classic. Where do you read the post game quotes from?

dunk

actually he said sean wanted 35 dunkin doughnuts or it would be a violation

That Was Sean May? I Thought That Was Stay Puff Having A Night On The Town.

Quote Originally Posted by STLDukeFan4 View Post
    thats classic. Where do you read the post game quotes from?
    http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/727293.html

Quote Originally Posted by kinghoops View Post
    actually ol roy said sean may wanted dunkin doughnuts
    even over on IC they're saying may needs to lose some weight. hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by kinghoops View Post
    actually he said sean wanted 35 dunkin doughnuts or it would be a violation
    haha. who didnt notice

anybody else remember Pasha dressing up as sean may, chinese tattoos and all, and chasing after a big mac box tied to a string that someone was dragging along the court? one of my funniest memories from cis...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    haha. who didnt notice

anybody else remember Pasha dressing up as sean may, chinese tattoos and all, and chasing after a big mac box tied to a string that someone was dragging along the court? one of my funniest memories from cis...
    already been done with nigel dixon before that :-p

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    haha. who didnt notice

I'm proud to call Pasha one of my best friends, so hopefully he won't loathe me for posting this photo:

I thought Sean May eats babies...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    I'm proud to call Pasha one of my best friends, so hopefully he won't loathe me for posting this photo:

OH MAN! I laughed for a good while at that. Hilarious!

Roy's quote would have been more classic if he had referred to himself in the 3rd person like he usually does. But apparently he does this after wins and on non-game days.

Typical UNC crap ...

Why is it, when Carolina loses, Roy Williams always seems to place the blame on what he or his team did poorly, rather than what the opposing team did well?

Here's a typical quote: "“We weren’t patient,” Roy Williams said of his UNC squad. “I thought we rushed our shots. We didn’t make them play defense.”

Didn't make them play defense? What game was he watching?

Why not compliment Duke and say the better team won, as Coach K always does (even when he may not mean it)? I'm so tired of this crap. GTHC.

Another Roy issue

Roy has to have one of the worst haircuts I've ever seen. Does he cut his own hair?

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Why is it, when Carolina loses, Roy Williams always seems to place the blame on what he or his team did poorly, rather than what the opposing team did well?

Here's a typical quote: "“We weren’t patient,” Roy Williams said of his UNC squad. “I thought we rushed our shots. We didn’t make them play defense.”

Didn't make them play defense? What game was he watching?

Why not compliment Duke and say the better team won, as Coach K always does (even when he may not mean it)? I'm so tired of this crap. GTHC.
    That's not true.

I thought it was an extremely hard fought game. Both teams really wanted to play well, but their team played better than we did. They were the most disciplined team on the game tonight. The team that did the most of the little things won the game tonight. Whether it is shooting the ball in the hole or making free throws in the second half or getting a hand up on the outside shot--the team that won the game was the most disciplined. They did the best job doing what their coaching staff wanted them to do. I need to find someway, somehow, to get my team to the point where we do the little things that make the difference between winning or losing a basketball game. I do believe that Duke has all the ingredients. They have played sensational basketball all season. I think I read one of their comments at the end of the season was over last year with the four straight losses that they had great motivation all summer and the preseason. They have great chemistry. I am very impressed with their team. They were the most disciplined team. The team had the best coaching and they were the team that won the game.

ok...

I stand corrected. I did not see or hear that.

however...

There is still a recurrent pattern to Williams' post-game comments. I'll be glad to provide numerous examples.