View Poll Results: Predict Duke's Final ACC Record (now that we're halfway through)

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16-0

19 15.97%
  • 15-1

45 37.82%
  • 14-2

46 38.66%
  • 13-3

8 6.72%
  • 12-4

0 0%
  • 11-5

1 0.84%
  • 10-6

0 0%
  • 9-7

0 0%
  • 8-8

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Predict Duke's Final ACC Record ... NOW!

We're 8-0 at the midpoint. Time for another poll for final ACC record.

Nice think about our second half schedule is only one long road trip, to Miami.

The back nine is:

Home/BC
    Home/Maryland
    @Wake
    @UMiami
    Home/GIT
    @State
    @UVa
    Home/unc

I see between one and three losses. I don't see zero. I'm still worried about faceplanting.

The @UMiami game is the only chance left for the annual Eerily Foreshadowing Road Loss To A Football School. We can lose the Maryland and unc games because they're Maryland and unc. We can lose the State game because State is weird like that and it won't be that important a game to us. I see us losing some, but not all, of these games.

14-2

my heart wants to say 16-0, but maybe one road loss , maybe two? dont wanna go into the acc tournament 16-0 thoughts?

15-1: Loose to NCSU by 2.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    The back nine is:

Home/BC
    Home/Maryland
    @Wake
    @UMiami
    Home/GIT
    @State
    @UVa
    Home/unc

I see between one and three losses. I don't see zero. I'm still worried about faceplanting.

The @UMiami game is the only chance left for the annual Eerily Foreshadowing Road Loss To A Football School. We can lose the Maryland and unc games because they're Maryland and unc. We can lose the State game because State is weird like that and it won't be that important a game to us. I see us losing some, but not all, of these games.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here...this is the ACC...i see us losing 1 to a non-UNC team from this stretch, (Probably Miami) and then depending on Duke/UNC II, we could go either 14-2 or 15-1.

I seriously do not see us going undefeated in ACC play. This is a tough conference, and if you have a bad night, most teams will beat you.

Undefeated

We just beat Carolina, AT Carolina.

To hell with cautious realism...16 and 0, baby!

s.i.

I really hope for 16-0 but to keep it real 14-2 cause you never know.

I went with 15-1. I'm not sure where that loss will come (could come against UNC, could come on a bad night against State, or we could lose at home to Maryland. Or, we could come somewhere else on a really bad night. I'd love for us to go 16-0 though. 14-2 isn't out of the question, either, although our second half looks less difficult than our first half was.

Do you even need to ask?

16 - 0!

And I see I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Optimism. It's contagious! Catch it!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

14-2

I am fearing losses in the Miami game, MD game and UNC game.

16-0 is definitely possible but 14-2 is my "par" with that remaining schedule.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Don't want another New England

I'd like to say 16-0 but 1) look what happened to New England; and 2) I can't think that Duke is going to shoot as well behind the arc as it did against the 'Holes for every game remaining.

My pick is 14-2

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    16 - 0!

And I see I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Optimism. It's contagious! Catch it!
    Hey, who's gonna beat us? I think we should win all of the rest of the ACC games, with the possible exception, but in Cameron I think we get the edge again, plus Zoubek back, which I think could be more important for us than Ty for UNC (having someone who can slow down Hans a little, since he basically carried the team this game).

The consensus seems to be about 14-2, which I find a bit pessimistic. We have real room to improve. Losing to both Carolina and Maryland at home? Cameron has been rocking this year. Giving up a strange one to NCState/Miami on the road? The defensive intensity, and the multiple offensive weapons, allow room for error. I think there is a 50 percent chance we will lose ONE of Carolina and Maryland, so I'm 15-1.

We'll be favored in every game remaining (and we should be), but mathematically, that doesn't add up to 16-0. I figure 1 loss is most likely, followed by 2, followed by 0, followed by any other outcome.

You know it's amazing that at the beginning of the season, 12-4 would have been a very positive prediction as an ACC finish. Now 12-4 has to be largely seen as negative.

Thank you so very much ESPN "the fish wrap" for writing that this was the end for Coach K.

You know what Twain said about statistics

But Pomeroy gives Duke a 40% chance of going undefeated in the ACC.

Pomeroy is, as usual, way off. We have a very good chance of going all the way. Our away games are Wake, Miami, NC State and UVA. We should take all 4 of them. The rest are home games where we have a decided edge. UNC will still be our toughest game, but the staff can get them ready for that. I say 16-0.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post
    We just beat Carolina, AT Carolina.

To hell with cautious realism...16 and 0, baby!

s.i.
    Yeah! What he said!!!! 9F

ElvisIrish

Coming from the school of thought that "it's the ACC and we're bound to pick up a loss somewhere" I went with 15-1. Md and UNC are the most likely such "opportunties." Aside from the fact that Duke always gets its opponents' best shots, I don't think this team will be bothered by the pressure of being the front-runner. It plays with a fearless confidence from which second-half comebacks are born-the confidence to stop an opponent's run and impose our team's greater will upon theirs at critical momentum-turning moments. In the past I've always dreaded when we slowed the tempo because it seemed as if we were betraying a fragile and fractured confidence, conceding in those moments to be the mentally weaker team--playing defense while still on offense. I don't fear the slowdown game with this team because it seems to be able to maintain an aggressive posture. This is a season of discovery for Duke; with the new offense Duke is redefining itself. You will not scare this team into a loss. If Duke loses a game the rest of the regular season it won't be because in a moment of desperation, Duke tightened up and started chucking and clanking from beyond the arc. This team has tremendous poise.