View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. UNC?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

4 1.47%
  • Taylor King

0 0%
  • David McClure

0 0%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

0 0%
  • Greg Paulus

89 32.60%
  • Jon Scheyer

33 12.09%
  • Kyle Singler

51 18.68%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Lance Thomas

96 35.16%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Singler

Hansbrough went off, but we slowed him for a stretch there in the second half, and when it counted, they were only getting one shot.

Big rebounds down the stretch were really important, I thought, and why I voted for Kyle.

I didn't vote for Lance, but I thought his contributions tonight were huge. He did what we could defensively, and he played with great energy and helped our defense substantially. The 10 points were the cherry on top. Really big one this time.

Jon was huge too. Jumbo's right about his D on Ellington. Jon's height and positioning seemed to bother Wayne. Jon had a good offensive game too. Close call, but I thought Singler just a touch more important, and gave him the vote.

It's gotta be Singler, with some very key rebounds at the end.

I voted for Lance, but GH's defense was something tonight. He was less of a factor on the offensive end, but he was part of the key to holding down Ellington and a couple of his blocks were just sick

Only one????

What a great problem to have!!!! The embarrassment of riches and talent! How many games is this now that selecting only one player of the year is so hard?

Had to vote for Kyle. He filled his role just right. He will improve his role against Beaker with each time they play.

This one was tough but I actually have to go with Singler. Not only does he have to square off against Tyler but he still manages to stay out of foul trouble, plays 37 minutes, and posts a double-double. Every facet of his game tonight was beautiful, he blocked shots, got his hands on passes, drew defenders out, had some beautiful pro-type moves. I thought his play was phenomenal and boosted us in the 2nd half.

Okay. Greg had an absolutely incredible game. Jon too. But my vote, as it often has this season, goes to Kyle. Where would we be without him? While his stats don't necessarily compare favorably to opposing post players, he's often battling a bigger player who's being rotated with another big. And Kyle is often battling two of them at the same time. At the other end, how often has he delivered the dagger offensively?

While Kyle is rarely at the top of the stat column, but he is consistent and reliable. He is critical for our chances in March.

It's got to be...

TEAM DUKE. Great effort!

I wanted to vote for EVERYBODY, but decided to give Lance some love.

Really, this was a team win like many of the games this year. I just love to watch these guys play together.

Close between GP and LT, but I had to go with Lance
    Last edited by mph; 02-07-2008 at 12:12 AM. Reason: I am Tommy Amaker!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    TEAM DUKE. Great effort!
    Team DEFENSE!

Yowsa!

Lance Thomas playing with CONFIDENCE gets my vote. Did you see those low-post finishes on Psycho-Travel?

LT = MotM

I went with Kyle because he was able to log so any minutes and make plays throughout the game. Obviously, there are cases to be made for Greg, John, and Lance. However, I think that Gerald deserves a little more love and consideration as well. He made some big plays around the basket and I thought his help defense was important down the stretch. The blocks and the dunk off the rebound were great. The foul shooting on the other hand...

In any case, it's good to be Duke, is it not?

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I can't vote for a single player in this poll. Too many people were too solid. Can I vote for the whole team?
    Exactly. Look at the stats.

I'm pleasantly surprised I'm not the only one carring the Lance Thomas flag, and quite the contrary. I thought GP's shooting performance would overwhelm the vote. Go Lance!

Shame you cant vote for the team...

LT......he was super! But so were the other guys.......sob, wish I could give it to all of them... drats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Can't be Greg, he pulled a Steve Gray at the end. Lance played GREAT!
    Aw come on! Yes, Lance DID play great and I can't argue with a vote for him (so cool he's coming around), but Greg has been astronomically improved over the last couple of weeks. Dude was phenomenal tonight. Led the team well. One late-game mistake doesn't "cast him out."

Great game Greg!

-EJ

P.S. I'm TOTALLY cool with Lance getting MOTM though. Very deserving.

The BEST thing about this team, and the last few games, is that there is NOT one player who almost everyone agrees on. I think that speaks volumes to the TEAM effort, ahd the TEAM game that Duke plays. I can't vote for only one for this very reason. GO DUKE!!!!!

i VOTED FOR GREG BUT ONLY BECAUSE THERE WASN'T ONE FOR TEAM BECAUSE THIS WAS BY FAR A TEAM EFFORT THE WHOLE TEAM REALLY STEPPED UP AND SHOWED THOSE TARPUNKS AND THE WORLD THAT DUKE IS FOR REAL. GO DUKE.GREG HAD A GREAT GAME AND OTHER THAN AT THE END HE PLAYED REAL SMART AND TOUGH .LANCE HAD A GREAT GAME POSSIBLY HIS BEST AT DUKE AND AS ALWAYS SINGLER WAS MONEY .G HAD A BIT OF A OFF NIGHT BUT THAT DUNK REALLY GOT ME OUT MY SEAT.MARKIE PLAY WELL DESPITE FOUL TROUBLE ,AND JOHN CAME OFF THE BENCH AND DID HIS THING AND DID IT WELL.COACH K JUST FLAT OUT ,OUT COACH O ROY BOY,AND THE REST OF THE GUYS ALL CAME TOGETHER FOR ONE HELL OF A WIN.GO DUKE 9F9F9F

Lance Thomas

What a game by Lance!!!! He played absolutely magnificent, what a phenomenal performance. Easily the best Duke game of his career, IMO.

Like I said after the Maryland game, I am SO proud of this team. I'm telling you guys, Lawson or not, this was a statement game IMO.

GTHC