Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Calling all lurkers and new posters!

Looking at the Members List, it's clear that there are a number of posters who read frequently but rarely, if ever, post. That's cool, of course, but we as a community can do a better job of reaching out to new posters.

So, here's my idea: a thread designed for Lurkers and New Posters. Drop by and say hi. Even if that's your only post, it'll be good to hear from you. And who knows, maybe you'll develop a taste for it, and before long you'll be posting about your toenail fungus like EarlJam.

I've lurked since around 2000. DBR is one of my required daily websites. Registered as TW Crew before the formatting change and had about 50 or so posts. Just took the time to re-register. IMO, the tone of the Main Board has changed drastically (not for the better) since 2000. Again, just my $.02. However, there are still some posters who always make the visit worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Misunderestimated View Post
    I've lurked since around 2000. DBR is one of my required daily websites. Registered as TW Crew before the formatting change and had about 50 or so posts. Just took the time to re-register. IMO, the tone of the Main Board has changed drastically (not for the better) since 2000. Again, just my $.02. However, there are still some posters who always make the visit worthwhile.
    Thanks, Misunderestimated! Great name, btw.

I think I started lurking around the same time. I started posting around 2001 or 2002.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post

I think I started lurking around the same time. I started posting around 2001 or 2002.
    And things haven't been the same around here since.

Hi everyone

Thanks for starting this thread.

Semi-newbie here. Went to Duke (T'90, English). LOVE Duke. Husband went to Duke too, but AFAIK he doesn't have a screen name here. (Maybe he posts on the main board?)

Anyway, my main hobbies are perfume and tea and I love to read.

And I'm more moderate than some of my PPB posts suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthgateWindsor View Post
    Semi-newbie here. Went to Duke (T'90, English). LOVE Duke. Husband went to Duke too, but AFAIK he doesn't have a screen name here. (Maybe he posts on the main board?)

Hey SGW, thanks for posting. It's good to have you here.

Hey SGW, thanks for posting. It's good to have you here.
    Thanks!!

Smile Tea!!

Thanks!!
    Welcome to another tea person! Have you tried TEAVANA?

Rooibos Chai Cheers,
    Lavabe

Hi Lavabe!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Welcome to another tea person! Have you tried TEAVANA?

Rooibos Chai Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Good to see another tea person! ::raises teacup::

We do not have a Teavana around here, I would love to try it. I do all of my tea shopping online. Adagio, TeaGschwendner, and Harney and Sons are my favorites.

The only bad thing is (like my perfume habit), it is far too easy to spend a small fortune on samples!

yet another tea person

I'm a big fan of Republic of Tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Misunderestimated View Post
    I've lurked for a similar amount of time... one of my first posts was in that "It's Over" thread.

I didn't think it was over

I was also lucky enough to be a classmate of Mike Corey

I've been lurking and stalking all of you for what seems like forever. I finally got the guts to start posting, and now I'm a tiny bit addicted. LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by dukegirlinsc View Post
    I've been lurking and stalking all of you for what seems like forever. I finally got the guts to start posting, and now I'm a tiny bit addicted. LOVE IT.
    That's the kind of testimonial I like to hear!

Talking Close to 100 posts!

Quote Originally Posted by dukegirlinsc View Post
    We have to send out congrat's on turning 100 (well, you're close enough on the post count to offer congrats). Enjoy the name game that follows as you move through the 100's!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Thanks for starting this thread.

Great name. I actual am the REVERSE. Was in Windsor as a freshman and then moved next year to Southgate when it became one of the first co-ed dorms. (1970-1971)

Looking at the Members List, it's clear that there are a number of posters who read frequently but rarely, if ever, post. That's cool, of course, but we as a community can do a better job of reaching out to new posters.

So, here's my idea: a thread designed for Lurkers and New Posters. Drop by and say hi. Even if that's your only post, it'll be good to hear from you. And who knows, maybe you'll develop a taste for it, and before long you'll be posting about your toenail fungus like EarlJam.
    Are you just doing this to get to 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I'm a big fan of Republic of Tea.
    I find the psycho Tea to be bitter and Foul tasting.

*ba dum bum*

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Are you just doing this to get to 2000?
    I don't need much help. My natural obsessiveness will carry me there in a day or two.

Are there any licensed counselors on the board? I may need an intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    I find the psycho Tea to be bitter and Foul tasting.

*ba dum bum*
    Well played.

I'll pop in. I've been lurking for years and years, but never really posted. I am part of the wannabe Atlanta mafia. Ugh, now I feel like a stalker.