vanity plates in dubai

At first, I was thinking I could just turn to this video anytime I worried that America was the only country becoming dumber and dumber.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/wor...ity.plates.cnn

but then they had to go and ruin my schadenfreude by mentioning lots of the funds raised go towards charities. argh!

I guess that's why they call 'em vanity plates!

Talking See plate above

Quote Originally Posted by dbb03 View Post
    At first, I was thinking I could just turn to this video anytime I worried that America was the only country becoming dumber and dumber.

but then they had to go and ruin my schadenfreude by mentioning lots of the funds raised go towards charities. argh!

Let me know when they have "9F" available.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

This post is a serious inquiry.

dbb03, I have read your posts on the boards (all of them) for some time and I am asking you to tell me what things, policies, politicians, leaders, others, in this world you like?

That makes the $42 extra I pay for my BLU DEVL tag look like a bargain! I love that the funds go for a charity - mostly to benefit victims of traffic accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    This post is a serious inquiry.

dbb03, I have read your posts on the boards (all of them) for some time and I am asking you to tell me what things, policies, politicians, leaders, others, in this world you like?
    sure thing!

college basketball, esp. duke. Favorite players have included Langdon, redick, battier, carawell, hurley, nate james. Singler is my favorite right now.

camping out with friends

hiking and walking city streets

photography

reading literary fiction and nonfiction books – if you want specific recommendations let me know.

film - independent, documentaries, and foreign especially. Ditto on movies. Love recommending good movies to people.

children - their innocence and inquisitive nature.

animals - except rodents and cockroaches, whoops those would be dislikes wouldn’t they?

traveling - Oregon, Washington, Montana Wyoming, the Carolinas, northern California, Hawaii, Vermont, Maine. I’d like to go to Alaska.

foreign countries - Spain, Italy, Portugal, new Zealand, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Czechslovakia. I’d like to go to a lot of places throughout central and south America.

I think social security is a good idea and Medicare too. public education is wonderful thing.

I think the us has a kicka** postal service and highway system. and great doctors and teachers and hardworking farmers and factory workers. Oh and the best colleges. And sanitation is good too.

I like npr especially human interest stories and alternative music and singer song writer stuff. and bluegrass and folk rock and countryish music. not sure of the term. not Shania stuff but more like old brother where art thou, Willie nelson, Johnny cash, Dylan, Emmylou harris, m ward, seawolf, ray lamontaigne, Sam Phillips, wilco, etc.

hmm what else? van Gogh. acts of kindness, microbreweries, netflix, itunes, scrabble and yahtzee and rummikub and baking my awesome brownies and being a dad!! and playing hoops and jogging (ran one marathon a loooooong time ago), staying in touch with friends (still have same group of friends from nursery school and kindergarten and elementary school)

I liked going to summer camp when I was younger.

I like surfing the net, although I know it’s a total waste of time.

I like helping people. a lot. that always makes me feel good.

I think I liked jimmy carter, but that may just be in retrospect. I just read about Cory booker and he seems cool. I’ll vote for obama for sure.

I think immigrants that are here legally should be granted amnesty as long as they don’t have a criminal record. and they should pay taxes.

I like gun control, but think law abiding citizens should be able to own guns. They should have to register them and they should be reasonable firearms. None of this AK 47 nonsense.

I like bicycles! I think I’d like a moped, but I’m a little scared to drive them.

I like most foods, except Indian doesn't agree with me.

I’ll try and think of some more but maybe I'll just private message you, since I doubt anyone else is really interested in hearing about my interests.

btw, I think I’ve posted about a majority of these things over the years. maybe you could go back through my posts and find some other things I like?

Well, at least they make it easy to know who to kidnap...

Czechslovakia is not a country...

...CzechOslovakia used to be one, and now we have the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Actually, it happened 15 years ago, you should get out of the US more!

I think immigrants that are here legally should be granted amnesty as long as they don’t have a criminal record.
    From what?

And, a couple months ago, #1 was sold for over $14 million. That's a lot of change.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4301197&page=1
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

sure thing!

college basketball, esp. duke. Favorite players have included Langdon, redick, battier, carawell, hurley, nate james. Singler is my favorite right now.

camping out with friends

hiking and walking city streets

photography

reading literary fiction and nonfiction books – if you want specific recommendations let me know.

film - independent, documentaries, and foreign especially. Ditto on movies. Love recommending good movies to people.

children - their innocence and inquisitive nature.

animals - except rodents and cockroaches, whoops those would be dislikes wouldn’t they?

traveling - Oregon, Washington, Montana Wyoming, the Carolinas, northern California, Hawaii, Vermont, Maine. I’d like to go to Alaska.

foreign countries - Spain, Italy, Portugal, new Zealand, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Czechslovakia. I’d like to go to a lot of places throughout central and south America.

I think social security is a good idea and Medicare too. public education is wonderful thing.

I think the us has a kicka** postal service and highway system. and great doctors and teachers and hardworking farmers and factory workers. Oh and the best colleges. And sanitation is good too.

I like npr especially human interest stories and alternative music and singer song writer stuff. and bluegrass and folk rock and countryish music. not sure of the term. not Shania stuff but more like old brother where art thou, Willie nelson, Johnny cash, Dylan, Emmylou harris, m ward, seawolf, ray lamontaigne, Sam Phillips, wilco, etc.

hmm what else? van Gogh. acts of kindness, microbreweries, netflix, itunes, scrabble and yahtzee and rummikub and baking my awesome brownies and being a dad!! and playing hoops and jogging (ran one marathon a loooooong time ago), staying in touch with friends (still have same group of friends from nursery school and kindergarten and elementary school)

I liked going to summer camp when I was younger.

I like surfing the net, although I know it’s a total waste of time.

I like helping people. a lot. that always makes me feel good.

I think I liked jimmy carter, but that may just be in retrospect. I just read about Cory booker and he seems cool. I’ll vote for obama for sure.

I think immigrants that are here legally should be granted amnesty as long as they don’t have a criminal record. and they should pay taxes.

I like gun control, but think law abiding citizens should be able to own guns. They should have to register them and they should be reasonable firearms. None of this AK 47 nonsense.

I like bicycles! I think I’d like a moped, but I’m a little scared to drive them.

I like most foods, except Indian doesn't agree with me.

I’ll try and think of some more but maybe I'll just private message you, since I doubt anyone else is really interested in hearing about my interests.

btw, I think I’ve posted about a majority of these things over the years. maybe you could go back through my posts and find some other things I like?
    I think it just seems that you don't like anything because you are often very negative. Especially towards the U.S. and things American.

(I suspect this will change at least somewhat once George W. is out?)

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    From what?
    Actually that part confuses me too... so by "immigrants that are here legally" I'm guessing you mean permanent residents. What do they (ok, I) need amnesty from? If you mean people who come here on work/travel visa and overstay their visit, then they're not staying here legally to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    I think it just seems that you don't like anything because you are often very negative. Especially towards the U.S. and things American.

(I suspect this will change at least somewhat once George W. is out?)
    Shamm, are you and Indoor66 confusing dbb03 with me? I'm in awe of his list. Mine stops at about three or four, at least for CONUS enthusiasms.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    And, a couple months ago, #1 was sold for over $14 million. That's a lot of change.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4301197&page=1
    It's ocurring in the U.S. too. I recently read about a low number Delaware plate that sold for $675,000 at auction. Not quite Middle East prices, but then they have the oil and the cash.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...0323/1006/news

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    Shamm, are you and Indoor66 confusing dbb03 with me? I'm in awe of his list. Mine stops at about three or four, at least for CONUS enthusiasms.
    Actually, I think you are one and the same. dkbaseball = dbb03 on a bad day.