Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Duke MBB vs. NC State Post-Game Thread

Post your post-game comments here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

whatever k said at halftime...bottle it.

Holding State to 26 points in the second half is outstanding!

Consider the Paulus v Nolan debate::::OVER!

(Also, taylor king looked god awful on defense and offense in the first half. No wonder K hasnt been playing him. )

A great fun game to watch;

-Paulus had a big night
    - Henderson with three straight dunks in the second half
    - More Duke toughness
    - Jordan Davidson with an And 1

I love this team.

TGFP = Thank God for Paulus.

Quote Originally Posted by godukerocks View Post
    A great fun game to watch;

-Paulus had a big night
    - Henderson with three straight dunks in the second half
    - More Duke toughness
    - Patrick Davidson with an And 1

I love this team.
    Jordan Davidson. Patrick is his older (graduated) brother.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Ahh yes. Thank you.

They both rule.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Holding State to 26 points in the second half is outstanding!
    Scoring 55 was nice, too!

As bad as the first half was, the second half was outstanding. And you just knew those green shirts weren't going to last after the debacle of the first 20 minutes.

State just seemed to cave in the last ten minutes...on those final alley-oop and rebound baskets we got, they barely put up a fight. Great job by our guys.

The game was a tale of two shirts, er halfs...

Game thoughts

Well – I am beginning to like the 9 point half time deficit- not really. What a second half! Duke outscores State by almost 30. Amazing. And with almost no contribution from the bench on O. And for all those Paulus doubters- tonight he resuscitated this team when Duke was playing pretty flat. And not just by shooting the ball- which he did very well- but with his D and control of the game. Again, you have to like second-half Singler- just plays so smart and under control. The hooks- the threes- the put backs- the pull up. Such a complete player. Nelson again showed his strength and toughness. It did not look good in the first half- State played a bit out of their heads and it looked like Costner was about to break out of his mental slump and Grant was unconscious – but the second half was a different story. Just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Patrick would have flushed the ball and then ripped off the net with his teeth on his way down.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Patrick would have flushed the ball and then ripped off the net with his teeth on his way down.
    While slewing the Philistines dressed in red.

Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    whatever k said at halftime...bottle it.
    he said something about the shirts...i just know it...

Lots of good stuff.

We are really stepping it up in the second half of games.

Obviously, Paulus was great.

We just have a lot of weapons, which helps when guys have a cold night. Last week, Nolan Smith was on fire. Tonight,the predicable occasional rough freshman outing. That's why depth is no nice.

Great leadership from Markie.

I do have a couple conerns/observations though (to the extend you can have concerns after a 20 point win).

1. If I am not mistaken, that is Scheyer's third subpar game in a row. I'm not sure what is up, but he really seems out of sync, which is disconcering because he has been so consistent all season.

2. In the first half, when we were struggling on offense, I thought we got away from what could be the bread and butter of this team. Gerald's mid-range high elevation jumper is nearly unstoppable, and he hits that shot so consistently this year. (If I remember correctly, he hit a couple early in the second half.) When we hit a long range scoring drought, we really need to take advantage of Gerald's ability to get that good shot from that spot at almost anytime.

Really though, what can you say. This is a tough team, which really plays as a team. Just a pleasure to watch.
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

2 halfs

This game was definatley a tale of 2 halfs.

We all knew that Duke was gonna come out in the 2nd half and make a run.

But NC State just did'nt look as energized, and pumped as they did in the first half.

And next time, Greg Paulus needs to watch his back, he should not be tryin to get fisty with Brandon Costner.

But State put in a great game, and was in it till the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

Good game by all, players of the game ar Greg Paulus and Gavin Grant.

But if Courntey Fells had more than 0 points, state might have made a big 2nd half run

First, Great Game!
    GP3(Paulus) had a heck of a game, I have the white, blue, and black #3 jersey's. At some times he is the olny one that shows heart, I think the others are starting to show more also. No bench production shocked me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Scoring 55 was nice, too!
    on 66% shooting in the 2nd half. That's just ridiculous.

Was it me or did State seem to completely mail it in with about 8 minutes left?

Hey, I'm a Greg Paulus fan but let's just say that he was outstanding tonight. He was just what the doctor ordered....a leader....a scorer...a point guard....and he played great D.

Nolan Smith is an outstanding talent but sometimes with a freshman, they get overwhelmed in a crunch time situation...it happened to him tonight. It has happened to all the great Duke point guards...Hurley, Amaker, Williams, etc.

I'm just glad to have them both and may the "rivalry" between the two will go on for the rest of this season and next....the only winner will be Duke and us fans!!!