Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Almost time for Lost!!

not sure how many folks have been keeping up with Find 815, the online game that is connected to Lost. If you have not, you should really check it out as I think it may hold some pretty decent clues about the show and, I suspect, will actually play a role in the coming season. More on that in a moment-- first, some info on Find815.

Find 815 is the story of a guy named Sam Thomas who worked for Oceanic Air whose girlfriend was one of the flight attendants on Oceanic flight 815, the plane that crashed at the beginning of the series. Anyway, there are a bunch of clues on websites and videos that are telling his story. The current point in the story has him getting on a boat in the Pacific and trying to get close to where he thinks Flight 815 crashed.

This is the best compilation of exactly what we have learned about Sam Thomas and the story of Find 815: http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Find_815

Here are some cool videos of Sam Thomas that have been posted on the internet by the folks running the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Znq8rqFDAM - first video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UIfM-k9wI-4 - second video, Sam notices something strange about the photo emailed to him (there are words hidden in the photo including “black rock”)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M_gfyhMWQtE - third video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uqD2tZo6B-g - fourth video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3Rw53CUBs - fifth video, Sam arrives at the Christiane I boat and tries to get a job on board so he can go to where he thinks flight 815 crashed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S8i0JwqcSt4 - sixth video, Sam is on the boat at sea and hears a 50-year-old newscast about the crash of Amelia Earhart. Lost fans haev long speculated and been given little hints that time travel is part of what is going on with The Island. I see this video as yet another clue about that.

Now, I am not alone in the following theory, but I am of the belief that Sam will somehow end up being an actual character on the show this coming season. In fact, I am betting he is on the boat that Jack just called at the end of season 3, “Not Penny’s Boat,” which has the bad guys who are coming to kill everyone on the island. I think Sam will be the lone person on that boat who will help the Lost folks as opposed to trying to kill them.

Anyone else following Find 815 or the Mobisodes that have been coming out weekly for the past couple months? C'mon folks-- we need some Lost discussion on this board!!

--Jason "the recent trailers on TV look GOOD!!" Evans

I got Lost after the first couple of episodes...

All the Lost fans on this board suck for not having any good Lost discussions.

Or maybe there are no Lost fans here.

--Jason "oh well" Evans

Well, there is always me, but I am more of a passive audience rather than a discussion!

Man, for some reason I just can't bring myself to go through the whole online game/marketing scheme. Maybe its because they have done this in the past and it really had nothing to do with the main plot of the show.

I have been following the mini-episodes and that has been great, but not sure there is anything really shocking there either.

I can't wait for January 31st though, I certainly will be ready to talk about Lost then, by that time we'll be out of the "who is going to start" phase.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

--Jason "oh well" Evans
    I would like to be a Lost fan. The show seems interesting. But I didn't watch the first season, and I tried to watch the beginning of the second (or maybe it was the third) season, and just couldn't get into it. It was too confusing for me. Is there a concise, easy way to get up to speed on the show? Because, honestly, I don't have time to watch all the old episodes.

--Jason "oh well" Evans
    i'm ready for the season to start -- i've been plowing through season 3 all week to refresh my memory.

thanks for posting these short films i have never seen them before
    not sure how many folks have been keeping up with Find 815, the online game that is connected to Lost. If you have not, you should really check it out as I think it may hold some pretty decent clues about the show and, I suspect, will actually play a role in the coming season. More on that in a moment-- first, some info on Find815.

Find 815 is the story of a guy named Sam Thomas who worked for Oceanic Air whose girlfriend was one of the flight attendants on Oceanic flight 815, the plane that crashed at the beginning of the series. Anyway, there are a bunch of clues on websites and videos that are telling his story. The current point in the story has him getting on a boat in the Pacific and trying to get close to where he thinks Flight 815 crashed.

This is the best compilation of exactly what we have learned about Sam Thomas and the story of Find 815: http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Find_815

Here are some cool videos of Sam Thomas that have been posted on the internet by the folks running the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Znq8rqFDAM - first video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UIfM-k9wI-4 - second video, Sam notices something strange about the photo emailed to him (there are words hidden in the photo including “black rock”)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M_gfyhMWQtE - third video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uqD2tZo6B-g - fourth video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3Rw53CUBs - fifth video, Sam arrives at the Christiane I boat and tries to get a job on board so he can go to where he thinks flight 815 crashed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S8i0JwqcSt4 - sixth video, Sam is on the boat at sea and hears a 50-year-old newscast about the crash of Amelia Earhart. Lost fans haev long speculated and been given little hints that time travel is part of what is going on with The Island. I see this video as yet another clue about that.

Now, I am not alone in the following theory, but I am of the belief that Sam will somehow end up being an actual character on the show this coming season. In fact, I am betting he is on the boat that Jack just called at the end of season 3, “Not Penny’s Boat,” which has the bad guys who are coming to kill everyone on the island. I think Sam will be the lone person on that boat who will help the Lost folks as opposed to trying to kill them.

Anyone else following Find 815 or the Mobisodes that have been coming out weekly for the past couple months? C'mon folks-- we need some Lost discussion on this board!!

--Jason "the recent trailers on TV look GOOD!!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    Man, for some reason I just can't bring myself to go through the whole online game/marketing scheme.
    You are not alone. I've also watched the 'mobisodes,' but the website/player is so freakin' annoying, it's not engendering a spirit of curiosity and good will to continue to play the online hunting game. Maybe I'm just a lazy consumer of TV, but I think everything you need to know about the plot should be in the TV show itself.

That said, I do love the TV show. I never watched it during its regular airing times; we viewed Season 1 en masse this summer, then Season 2 while I was bedridden with a bad back in Sept.; the day after Christmas was a Season 3 marathon - from about 10AM-2AM; finished the rest on New Years Eve Day. It'll be very weird to have to wait a week between episodes; it was nice to hit a cliffhanger ending, and just hit play on the next one.

But, I am curious about the flash-forwards vs. the flash-backs at the end of last season, so I might have to read up on that. Otherwise, I'll look forward to the OTB crowd's analysis starting on Jan. 31. (Please remember to post spoiler warnings!)

What about the email with the numbers?

--Jason "oh well" Evans
    I only suck because I was watching football all day. I have been following find815.com and doing all the activities and hunts, watching the videos, etc. I think it's great trying to create an online element that enhances the mystery and "what the heck is going on?" dynamic with Lost. I do understand the feeling, though, that people think TV entertainment should be limited to TV. However, as long as the online stuff is not essential to the story line. I think it's great. I loved the show Push, Nevada, which I think was the first show to do this with any measure of interest/success.

With this find815 story line, I think it would be cool if, as you suggest, this guy becomes a character on the show and his on line story is integrated into the TV story. It appears that's where we are headed, but I am sure it will be done in a way that if you haven't been following on line you won't be at a disadvantage.

By the way, I am still trying to figure out the significance of the email with all the numbers. Not the one with Maxwell-group.com amongst a bunch of symbols - I mean, the one with only numbers and some of them are grey - I think it's 111784. Anyone have an idea what that's all about?

I can't wait for the season to start but I almost don't want it to knowing we are going to get cut off after 8 episodes in mid-story arc.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I only suck because I was watching football all day.
    And Duke. Today was a long sports day.

I'm not into the whole online LOST thing except for following fuselage.net from time to time.

I'm currently rewatching Seasons 1-3 in preparation for the new season, but I don't know that I have anything new to add to the discussion. I should be done with Season 3 by the end of this week or early next week and maybe then I'll have some theories to post.

Southgate Windsor, I believe ABC.com has all 3 season up in HD, you could go there and have a serious LOST marathon over the next couple of weeks. Trust me, once you get into it you won't be able to stop.

Uhhhhh...

--Jason "oh well" Evans
    I will be there this season Jason, but good grief its hard to get all worked up over only 8 new episodes in a whole year, sheesh

--Jason "oh well" Evans
    My Lost attention span is not what it used to be. I'm definitely looking forward to the new season, but it seems like it's been SO long since the last episode. (it may also be the little sleep my 1 y.o. affords me)

I'll get there eventually Jason, sorry to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    That said, I do love the TV show. I never watched it during its regular airing times; we viewed Season 1 en masse this summer, then Season 2 while I was bedridden with a bad back in Sept.; the day after Christmas was a Season 3 marathon - from about 10AM-2AM; finished the rest on New Years Eve Day. It'll be very weird to have to wait a week between episodes; it was nice to hit a cliffhanger ending, and just hit play on the next one.
    Us too! If you are reading this and have not watched Lost yet, I caution you against baptism by fire in this manner. We watched the first season this way and the show is just so well-done and so creepy that it melted our brains. The cats would crunch their cat food in the kitchen and we were like, "My God, they're here!! The Others are coming!" (they're in our kitchen!)

But it was way cool to see seemingly insignificant details from the first 2 seasons come back and play a part in the overall story. The writers on this show are the best on TV in my opinion, hands down.

Mira Furlan is almost enough to make me try to watch the show, but not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I only suck because I was watching football all day. I have been following find815.com and doing all the activities and hunts, watching the videos, etc. I think it's great trying to create an online element that enhances the mystery and "what the heck is going on?" dynamic with Lost. I do understand the feeling, though, that people think TV entertainment should be limited to TV. However, as long as the online stuff is not essential to the story line. I think it's great. I loved the show Push, Nevada, which I think was the first show to do this with any measure of interest/success.

With this find815 story line, I think it would be cool if, as you suggest, this guy becomes a character on the show and his on line story is integrated into the TV story. It appears that's where we are headed, but I am sure it will be done in a way that if you haven't been following on line you won't be at a disadvantage.

By the way, I am still trying to figure out the significance of the email with all the numbers. Not the one with Maxwell-group.com amongst a bunch of symbols - I mean, the one with only numbers and some of them are grey - I think it's 111784. Anyone have an idea what that's all about?

I can't wait for the season to start but I almost don't want it to knowing we are going to get cut off after 8 episodes in mid-story arc.
    I am too busy to actually play the Find815.com game. I just rely on the folks who are playing it to make their discoveries known. That is why I check out the Lostpedia page on it and DocArtz's blog for all the latest on it.

I am sure they will get to the bottom of the random numbers soon

--Jason "I am surprised no one has pulled out the broken frames in Sam's latest video diary to see what is shown there-- though I guess that is a bit too easy to be a significant clue" Evans

Find 815

I can't get into this online puzzle the way I coudl for the last one. It isn't fatigue - for me it is the ham-handed way they are doing it...giving people check marks to measure progress, letting them know that they have two more videos or emails. That structure takes the interest out of it for me.

I relied heavily on the lostpedia people the first time, too. So it was easy to just outsource the whole thing to them.

From interviews I have read, we may have flash-back episodes and flash-forward episodes throughout the (truncated) season. that should be intereseting to decipher.

On a related note, my Abrams excitement is currently consumed with Cloverfield. I don't think I will be able to see it open this weekend - anyone going to catch it?

Exiled

game

I've been playing the game and following a find815 blog where I found this today.

Strange.

People on DBR seem to be more rational than most. What do you guys thing is going on?

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

--Jason "oh well" Evans
    Lostie here. Lost is like crack. I've been off the wagon for almost a year, I just haven't gotten cranked up yet.

I played with find815 a few days ago, but had a hard time after I found the photo hints. I figured I could just go to the Lostpedia, but where's the fun in that?

I think there's something to the thought that this guy may be on the "bad guy" ship.

Okay, I'm in

Saw the "Lost in 8:15" preview thingie on Itunes.

I'm intrigued enough to go rent S1.