Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kansas at Kansas State

Around 3 minutes left in the first half, Kansas State is up by 5.

Kansas seems to be getting a lot of fouls, also.

Go Beasley!

Up by 7, 11 minutes left...

Quote Originally Posted by BryanCenterBlues View Post
    Up by 7, 11 minutes left...
    Beasley is just SICK! 24 pts. K State up by 10 under 4 mins

3 Point Play!!!

This is an upset if it sticks; I haven't seen hardly one play of this game, but the few games I have seen of theirs this year, I've been very impressed with their interior shot-blocking and rebounding, perimeter defense, overall team speed and quickness, and spacing and passing. They are an excellent team and they should rebound nicely after this loss.

Look for them in the Final Four this year, imo.

Hopefully along with our Devils!

dth.

Hold serve and we move up!!

This has to be exciting for the young Blue Devils...I know it is for me! They win tomorrow and this weekend and we'll be #2. Who'd a thunk it!!

Wow, wish I could see this game. Also wish I could see the shellacking that A&M is putting on Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Wow, wish I could see this game. Also wish I could see the shellacking that A&M is putting on Texas.
    K State by 8 under a minute

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Dukie View Post
    K State by 8 under a minute
    8 pts with 27 secs
    K State to the line

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Dukie View Post
    8 pts with 27 secs
    K State to the line
    k State by 9 KU turns it over 9 pts lead
    It's over

awesome

This is far more fun than being #1 early on in the season. Just moving up steadily and seeing the others get beat is great...i know Duke will likely lose another one eventually. It won't be for lack of effort on this teams part!!

If you are by a TV, the A&M-Texas game is on ESPN2

Let's go Aggies, clap, clap, clap.
    I just watched 5 game-minutes of this contest and I don't want to play A&M in the tourney.
    Last edited by duketaylor; 01-30-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Hey!!

Go Aggies! Go K State!! Such a wonderful time in college BB. LOVE the parity, love the upsets (except, of course, when it's our Dukies). Just a great fun season. (Too bad Memphis has NO competition worth noting in the foreseeable future). Then again... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    If you are by a TV, the A&M-Texas game is on ESPN2
    By a TV? I wish; I'm at the office.

Hope springs eternal that I will be home for the game tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    (Too bad Memphis has NO competition worth noting in the foreseeable future). Then again... who knows.
    Memphis plays Tennessee on February 23. That one will be interesting.

By a TV? I wish; I'm at the office.

Hope springs eternal that I will be home for the game tomorrow night.
    Perhaps you should just put a TV at the office or quit your job if it interferes with basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Let's go Aggies, clap, clap, clap.
    I just watched 5 game-minutes of this contest and I don't want to play A&M in the tourney.
    Kansas State just put a real whipping on TAM only about a week ago-- which come to think of it, was the point when I noted that KSU would most likely beat Kansas at home this year (especially since Kansas was very unimpressive in struggling to beat a bad Missouri team full of Quin Snyder's old players- another reason Duke people here shouldn't be so quick to criticize the current coach of Missouri for the misbehavior of Missou's players this year.) Apparently, Michael Beasley beat me to it, because he predicted last summer that KSU would beat Kansas at home, at Kansas, and in Africa this year-- he's 1/3 of the way there.

I have seen Kansas twice now this season, and I don't understand what all the fuss is about... they don't impress me with their talent, and both their school and their coach have a history of underperforming in the NCAA tournament-- I fully expect that they won't even be in the Final Four this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    Kansas State just put a real whipping on TAM only about a week ago-- which come to think of it, was the point when I noted that KSU would most likely beat Kansas at home this year (especially since Kansas was very unimpressive in struggling to beat a bad Missouri team full of Quin Snyder's old players- another reason Duke people here shouldn't be so quick to criticize the current coach of Missouri for the misbehavior of Missou's players this year.) Apparently, Michael Beasley beat me to it, because he predicted last summer that KSU would beat Kansas at home, at Kansas, and in Africa this year-- he's 1/3 of the way there.

I have seen Kansas twice now this season, and I don't understand what all the fuss is about... they don't impress me with their talent, and both their school and their coach have a history of underperforming in the NCAA tournament-- I fully expect that they won't even be in the Final Four this year.
    predicting that a bill self coached team won't make the final 4 isn't exactly going out on a limb. bucknell anyone?