Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pig Skin Prognostications - Super Bowl Thoughts here

Now that I reside in New England, I can feel good about picking the Pats. However, I don't think they will cover the line which is at -12 if my sources are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Now that I reside in New England, I can feel good about picking the Pats. However, I don't think they will cover the line which is at -12 if my sources are correct.
    Yeah, I'll take the Pats for the win but not the cover.

Its going to be 40+ degrees here in the Boston area. I'm getting the grill out. I wonder if I'll be the only one doing so.

Two reasons

I can think of at least two reasons I'll be pulling for the Giants. (I admit that these reasons are not particularly rational!) One is that anytime a Manning is playing, I'm going to back that team. A recent boost to such a win is Coach Cutlciffe's "Cliff's Notes" for Eli which have helped him become the quarterback the Giants need to win more games. The second reason is that I support the Giants is that the Patriots' image and future wins are tainted more and more by the questions raised with the video situation that continues to unfold in what some are calling "Spygate." The destruction of the tapes and the explanations that have followed do more harm than good for the Pats. Should they win today, the result may have an * next to to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    I can think of at least two reasons I'll be pulling for the Giants. (I admit that these reasons are not particularly rational!) One is that anytime a Manning is playing, I'm going to back that team. A recent boost to such a win is Coach Cutlciffe's "Cliff's Notes" for Eli which have helped him become the quarterback the Giants need to win more games. The second reason is that I support the Giants is that the Patriots' image and future wins are tainted more and more by the questions raised with the video situation that continues to unfold in what some are calling "Spygate." The destruction of the tapes and the explanations that have followed do more harm than good for the Pats. Should they win today, the result may have an * next to to it.
    first of all, there is no evidence at this point behind the new allegations...more importantly, what does spygate have to do with accomplishments this season? Pats by 17+

I'll take New England because I think the x-factors for the Pats will play better than the guys for the Giants. Faulk, Gaffney, & Watson will outperform Bradshaw & Toomer.

I'll take the little guys from the town on the Hudson, at least until baseball season, when I'll root for those scrappy underdogs in pinstripes.

Bump...T-minus 2 hours and counting to kickoff

Pats 38 NYG 17 Okay, thats probably way off, but I will lay the points.

P.S. - I am pulling for the Giants/Manning/Cutt (despite being a Coyboy) and hope I am wrong.

The only thing I have at stake is a Pats score ending in 9 and a Giants score ending in 5 at the end of a quarter or the game. I'm not expecting much...

what the hell...

g-men: 31
    patsies: 28

bradshaw mvp

Superbowl Pregame on Fox

Did anyone pick the Giants to win? I missed it, curious if anyone took the chance.

On pregame radio,

Ditka went for the G-men over the Pats, 27-24.

Personally, I like Eli and the Manning Men, and love the gray pants of the Giants, but I think the Pats will get the job done, I put experience on their side. 19-0 is a worthy outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    I'll take the little guys from the town on the Hudson, at least until baseball season, when I'll root for those scrappy underdogs in pinstripes.
    good to see another Astros fan

This game is just painful to watch, regardless of rooting interest.

You know what --- the Giant's catch a couple of balls they should have and this is 17-7 or 21-7.

Spagnuola (sp?) is getting himself a head coaching job tonight. Heck, some coaches that barely kept their jobs may end up getting fired tomorrow so their teams can get a run at him.

I know it's low scoring, but there is some great D being played by the Giants for those that appreciate that kind of thing.

Yeah, this 4th quarter has been great, super tense.

They may still lose -- but that play by Manning and Tyree right there was an f'ing all time Super Bowl great

Congrats to the Giants. There's going to be some serious mourning up here in Boston, but the real bummer is that we get another N years of hearing from Mercury Morris' fat head.

so painful...must go into full media blackout. Congrats to the giants though as they deserved to win..that play to Tyree was the real game winner. A sack or a drop and the game is over.