Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

State game vs. Lost Season 4 premier 1/31/08

Which one do you Tivo? Lost is the most thought provoking shows I have ever seen. I haven't missed following a single Duke game in years.

Will Jack and co. finally get off the island? Whats up with this Sam guy (http://www.oceanicflight815.com/index.html?b=1) (You have to dig deep). If you haven't caught up you can do so at <www.abc.com>. They now have every episode of every season up in streaming high def - so you can get hooked - or catch up.

Will NC State have a chance with its massive front court, or will they burn up against the red hot Dukies?

This is the first time I have ever been faced with a show that I am just as interested in as a Duke BBall game. Anyone in a similar pickle?

people are still watching Lost?

yeah. biggest problem with it is if you miss a show or two, you can get completely lost yourself - to the point where you just say screw it and stop following it.

I really like what ABC has done with the HD streaming video on the website. That way no one gets left behind.

Clearly you have to DVR Lost and watch the Duke game live - that is what I'll be doing. If you don't have DVR...

I guarantee you that the Duke game will be much more satisfying and provide a sense of closure, win or lose. Besides, you can always buy the new season of Lost at BestBuy next year, but Duke games are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingDevil View Post
    I guarantee you that the Duke game will be much more satisfying and provide a sense of closure, win or lose. Besides, you can always buy the new season of Lost at BestBuy next year, but Duke games are priceless.
    this is true. except all i hear from state fans is "next year, next year, next year"

If you post on these boards, this discussion should never even be contemplated.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

the better website is find815.com for info on season 4.

i predict duke will beat state without too much trouble (though state could make it interesting, they always play 2wice as hard against duke like many others)

I don't know what to predict with lost.

I think I'll roll a six sided die and give the game 1-4 and give lost 5-6.

Get a dual tuner TiVo, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by jzp5079 View Post
    Which one do you Tivo? Lost is the most thought provoking shows I have ever seen. I haven't missed following a single Duke game in years.

Will Jack and co. finally get off the island? Whats up with this Sam guy (http://www.oceanicflight815.com/index.html?b=1) (You have to dig deep). If you haven't caught up you can do so at <www.abc.com>. They now have every episode of every season up in streaming high def - so you can get hooked - or catch up.

Will NC State have a chance with its massive front court, or will they burn up against the red hot Dukies?

This is the first time I have ever been faced with a show that I am just as interested in as a Duke BBall game. Anyone in a similar pickle?
    What strange world is this where you can't TiVo both?

tivo one, watch the other live...

I don't care about Lost, so it is a non-issue with me.

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
    Yup, I've actually got 2 dual tuner DVRs -- one for my high-def TV in the family room and one for the bedroom regular-def TV.

I will be watching the Duke game live. And by live I mean watching it in person. For the first time in something like 8 years I am coming up to Durham to watch a game!! A wonderful DBR friend has hooked me up with tickets and I am taking my 11-year-old on his first Cameron experience. We've seen many Duke games in NY, Atlanta, and Philly but this is his first time in Cameron.

We cannot wait!!!!

--Jason "whoever sits in seat #61 in the front row on the press table side of the stadium... that was my seat for 4 years in the late 1980s and I expect it to be open for me Thursday night!!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
    Better yet, get two of them.

I'm glad I don't have to make these kind of choices. I will watch the Duke game live (of course) and I'll catch up with Lost later.

I'll DVR both, have dinner get my kids to bed, watch the Duke game, then watch Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    If you post on these boards, this discussion should never even be contemplated.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

yeah. biggest problem with it is if you miss a show or two, you can get completely lost yourself - to the point where you just say screw it and stop following it.

I really like what ABC has done with the HD streaming video on the website. That way no one gets left behind.
    Yeah, I'm 6 episodes into the first season. At my current pace, I'm afraid that they'll pull it all off the site before I finish even the first season. However, the quality isn't all that great so I should probably just go ahead and Netflix it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I will be watching the Duke game live. And by live I mean watching it in person. For the first time in something like 8 years I am coming up to Durham to watch a game!!
    Whenever I read something like this, people getting pumped for their first Cameron experience, or as is the case with Jason - making a comeback, it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I am really happy for all of them, and especially Jason since from lurking on this board for a while now, I know he bleeds duke blue

I will be representing DBR in the graduate student section (along with quite a few other posters from what I can tell.)

If you are watching Lost on Thursday night, please, don't come back.

What a ridiculous thread title. This is a non-issue issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    If you are watching Lost on Thursday night, please, don't come back.

What a ridiculous thread title. This is a non-issue issue.
    I agree. It belongs on Off Topic, at a minimum,.