Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC

    Just Wondering......

    I'm sure this has been talked about and it may need to be on the PP board and if so Mods feel free to move.........BUT I am always the last one to hear about something and I just read that most tax filers will be given a rebate of about $600 for individuals who make less than $75,000 and $1,200 for couples who make less than $150,000. This is an attempt to stimulate the economy. First of all, IS IT TRUE? Second, is there some kind of catch to this or are my wife and I actually going to get a $1,200 check around June? Experts.....fill me in!!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    I'm sure this has been talked about and it may need to be on the PP board and if so Mods feel free to move.........BUT I am always the last one to hear about something and I just read that most tax filers will be given a rebate of about $600 for individuals who make less than $75,000 and $1,200 for couples who make less than $150,000. This is an attempt to stimulate the economy. First of all, IS IT TRUE? Second, is there some kind of catch to this or are my wife and I actually going to get a $1,200 check around June? Experts.....fill me in!!!
    There has been a lengthy discussion on the PP board.

    http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ead.php?t=6269

    Yep, you're getting $1200. It is designed to stimulate the economy. Therefore if you use it to pay off debts or put it in savings you are a traitor to your country. In order to be a true patriot you must go to Walmart/Target/Betsbuy/Macy's/Costco and buy a bunch of stuff, whether you need more stuff or not. If your family already has a lot of stuff, buy more stuff anyway.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC

    Thanks.....

    Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    There has been a lengthy discussion on the PP board.

    http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ead.php?t=6269

    Yep, you're getting $1200. It is designed to stimulate the economy. Therefore if you use it to pay off debts or put it in savings you are a traitor to your country. In order to be a true patriot you must go to Walmart/Target/Betsbuy/Macy's/Costco and buy a bunch of stuff, whether you need more stuff or not. If your family already has a lot of stuff, buy more stuff anyway.
    I looked for a thread and couldn't find it.......I will read through this one. Thanks again!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    There has been a lengthy discussion on the PP board.

    http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ead.php?t=6269

    Yep, you're getting $1200. It is designed to stimulate the economy. Therefore if you use it to pay off debts or put it in savings you are a traitor to your country. In order to be a true patriot you must go to Walmart/Target/Betsbuy/Macy's/Costco and buy a bunch of stuff, whether you need more stuff or not. If your family already has a lot of stuff, buy more stuff anyway.
    And make certain that said stuff was made in China.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dillon, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    And make certain that said stuff was made in China.
    Is stuff that comes from Saudi Arabia OK too?

    Not that matters in my case; apparently I'm too successful to be allowed to stimulate the economy more than I already do.
    Between me and every ideal I always find Scheisskopfs, Peckems, Korns and Cathcarts. And that sort of changes the ideal. -- Joseph Heller

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Is stuff that comes from Saudi Arabia OK too?

    Not that matters in my case; apparently I'm too successful to be allowed to stimulate the economy more than I already do.
    Sure. Add Mexico, Canada, Venezuela, Japan, basically anywhere but here.

  7. #7
    Along those lines, if you were shopping for truck and wanted to support the American economy, which would be better:

    A Chevy Silverado - Made in Mexico

    or

    A Toyota Tundra - Made in Kentucky
    "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous… everyone hasn't met me yet." R. Dangerfield

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    There are more Americans involved in the truck built in Kentucky.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Not that matters in my case; apparently I'm too successful to be allowed to stimulate the economy more than I already do.
    Hey, it's a good problem to have. I would have probably just blown that $1200 on monocle cleaner.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Red face At least I'm honest...

    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Hey, it's a good problem to have. I would have probably just blown that $1200 on monocle cleaner.
    Call me a traitor... that will help clear some debt.

    Lavabe

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Mine will only be $600, but it will without a doubt buy me a handle of Maker's Mark, and then the rest will go on my credit card.
    The good news is that I should be able to pay my card off by the end of the summer, enabling me to start buying more stuff again!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau

    Is it taxable?

    Does anyone know whether this rebate will be taxable? I scanned the postings while waiting for my lunch, but didn't see this point mentioned.

Similar Threads

  1. I was just wondering
    By DBFAN in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •