Clemson loses again

This time to Miami:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=280272390

Is this another second-half swoon happening before our eyes? This is what, the third year in a row that they've followed a hot start with a complete dud of a January...it's really pretty weird.
    What are Climpsun's chances of making the tourney? If they don't, is the ACC a 3-bid league?

Clemson and Maryland are two teams that will never make sense to me. This year, Clemson is arguably one of the most (if not the most) athletic teams in the ACC, but somewhere they do not have focus, or mainly an on court leader. I think Oliver Purnell has tried what he can, but he cannot run the plays for them. Mays or Rivers needs to show some sort of leadership and will the team to win.

Booker

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This time to Miami:

Is this another second-half swoon happening before our eyes? This is what, the third year in a row that they've followed a hot start with a complete dud of a January...it's really pretty weird.
    What are Climpsun's chances of making the tourney? If they don't, is the ACC a 3-bid league?
    Losing their best player to an injury did not help them.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Clemson and Maryland are two teams that will never make sense to me. This year, Clemson is arguably one of the most (if not the most) athletic teams in the ACC, but somewhere they do not have focus, or mainly an on court leader. I think Oliver Purnell has tried what he can, but he cannot run the plays for them. Mays or Rivers needs to show some sort of leadership and will the team to win.
    Agreed. Clemson has got to stop pouting after losses. There's no sense in only exerting yourself against just the UNCs and Dukes of Division I.

they lost booker today and mays is real hurt

Quote Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    Agreed. Clemson has got to stop pouting after losses. There's no sense in only exerting yourself against just the UNCs and Dukes of Division I.
    You all do know they lost booker today mid-game (high ankle sprain) and Mays is playing with a broken hand (left non-shooting) but it is painful to watch ...he can barely catch the ball - not nearly the player he was prior... I hope they heal so Clemson can make the NCAA ... I think they could be a scary team with healthy booker and mays

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    You all do know they lost booker today mid-game (high ankle sprain) and Mays is playing with a broken hand (left non-shooting) but it is painful to watch ...he can barely catch the ball - not nearly the player he was prior... I hope they heal so Clemson can make the NCAA ... I think they could be a scary team with healthy booker and mays
    Agreed. So much of what they do depends on Mays and Booker. A healthy Mays is a monster on the point of their press, gets tons of rebounds and is just a difference maker athletically. Booker gives them a tremendous low-post scoring presence. Hopefully (for them) Booker isn't too seriously hurt. And hopefully Mays is healed in time for the NCAAs.

I think if they get to 8-8 in conference they'll get in. But they can't keep losing close games.

It's as if Clemson and Maryland switched teams.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This time to Miami:

Clemson should make the tournament. Winning on the road is tough regardless of the opponent.

As for the ACC being a 3 bid league: Hey, people are touting the Big 10 as a 5 or maybe even a 6 bid league....are they crazy!!! The ACC beats the Big 10 like a red-headed stepchild...If the Big 10, the country's weakest conference, gets more than 3 bids there is no justice in the world.

ACC teams to get bids: Duke, UNC, Maryland, G. Tech and Clemson and maybe even FSU who is much betteer than they are playing right now. I think they beat UNC this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfsideron View Post
    Clemson should make the tournament. Winning on the road is tough regardless of the opponent.

As for the ACC being a 3 bid league: Hey, people are touting the Big 10 as a 5 or maybe even a 6 bid league....are they crazy!!! The ACC beats the Big 10 like a red-headed stepchild...If the Big 10, the country's weakest conference, gets more than 3 bids there is no justice in the world.

ACC teams to get bids: Duke, UNC, Maryland, G. Tech and Clemson and maybe even FSU who is much betteer than they are playing right now. I think they beat UNC this weekend!
    I hope you're right! I would love a 2-game lead in the conference standings.

I agree with those that think Maryland will make it. Right now, they're in horrible position at 12-8 / 2-3 / #83 RPI, but the ACC is weak enough that I can see the Terps finishing 20-11 / 10-6 if they continue their good play. Then, win one game in the conference tournament and they should be in. It's a tough road to hoe but I think they'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfsideron View Post

I agree that there's no justice in the Big-10 getting 5-6 and us getting 3. I suspect it won't happen. If I had to guess right now, I'd say we get Duke and UNC (shocking, huh?) along with BC, Miami, and Clemson. I could see FSU and Maryland sneaking into the picture as well. And quietly NC State is 2-3 in conference with lots of talent. If they can figure it out in the second half, they have the greatest talent to performance disparity of anybody so far. I think we'll get 5-6 teams in this year. Somebody has to win games in conference!