A Jason Evans Shoutout in Duke Trivia on Facebook

So there are a ton of applications you can add to your facebook profile these days, and most of them annoy me, but I have recently added one of the more popular ones called "Fans" I believe which is just something to show your support for your team. The application has trivia and I've been playing it (and dominating, obviously) and came across this question:

Which Duke player did Duke Basketball Report bulletin board regular Jason Evans predict would have his jersey retired after the first game of his freshman season?

A) Nick Horvath
    B) Chris Burgess
    C) Shavlik Randolph
    D) Michael Thompson

Maybe a mod can turn this into a poll a la Jumbo's "its over" and see if people can remember this?? I personally didn't recall this, but considering the choices the answer was obvious, at least to me. Either way, you got a shoutout in Duke Basketball trivia, Jason!

Loveeee Duke trivia on Facebook. That's one of the only applications I've added as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    So there are a ton of applications you can add to your facebook profile these days, and most of them annoy me, but I have recently added one of the more popular ones called "Fans" I believe which is just something to show your support for your team. The application has trivia and I've been playing it (and dominating, obviously) and came across this question:

Which Duke player did Duke Basketball Report bulletin board regular Jason Evans predict would have his jersey retired after the first game of his freshman season?

A) Nick Horvath
    B) Chris Burgess
    C) Shavlik Randolph
    D) Michael Thompson

Maybe a mod can turn this into a poll a la Jumbo's "its over" and see if people can remember this?? I personally didn't recall this, but considering the choices the answer was obvious, at least to me. Either way, you got a shoutout in Duke Basketball trivia, Jason!
    C............

shav

wasn't a board member at the time but I think a lot more people than just Jason agreed with that sentiment after Shav's first two games.

Jason's post was one of the more famous ones in DBR history. There's a chance it could end up on another quiz...

It's Okay

It's okay, after Shav's first game I thought Duke had struck gold as well. When they got a letter of intent from Domzalski I shoved the article in the face of tarheel fans I worked with. When I found out Duke had 7+' Martin Nestlee on the way, I had images of Lew Alcindor flash through my head. And when Greg Koubek was called by a recruiting news paper the best shooter EVER to come out of the state of New York I couldn't wait for him to don Duke blue. For the record that Laettner guy exceeded my expectations!

Greg Koubek may have never lit the world on fire, but I still loved that dude as a player. Was he really called the best shooter ever out of NY ?

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Greg Koubek may have never lit the world on fire, but I still loved that dude as a player. Was he really called the best shooter ever out of NY ?
    Yeah in high school he was very highly rated and that was a quote from one of the recruiting news papers at the time. (Long before Internet of course.) He single handedly kept Duke in the building against Danny Manning's Kansas team in the Final Four in what would have been a total blow out. And I think he was the first player to PLAY in four Final Fours. (Laettner 1st to start four Final Fours.) He never was a bad player, just didn't live up to the hype.

Just goes to show there is a huge difference in high school and college. And the so called experts are off the mark or even exaggerate from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    ...I think he was the first player to PLAY in four Final Fours. (Laettner 1st to start four Final Fours.)
    That is correct. I loved him too. I seem to remember announcers slipping up and referring to Brian Zoubek as "Koubek" more than a few times last season...it was a nice reminder.