Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Deron Washington / Seth Greenberg

I believe wholeheartedly that he is definitely the dirtiest player in the conference. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by redick4pres View Post
    I believe wholeheartedly that he is definitely the dirtiest player in the conference. Any thoughts?
    After tonight, I'm down 100%.

add his kick to lee's face

easily dirtiest player

This is the first game I wish that John Cheney was coaching instead of K.

Any my vote to the list. That dude is just filthy.

Send in that guy at the end of the bench who doesn't play, not Davidson but some other guy just to knock him around a little.

The worst punk.

"Deron Washington is a terrific young man." -- Len Elmore

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz View Post
    "Deron Washington is a terrific young man." -- Len Elmore
    What a condemnation!

Yeah, if he is a nice young man, what does Len think of guys like Gerald and Scheyer? They're on the same level as God? LOL What an idiot!

Spring Lake, NC (acutally Harnett County)

What game was Len watching?

Maybe he is just being polite, but Deron W. was deliberately dirty the entire game. When I say dirty, I don't necessarily mean that he was trying to hurt someone (although he could have on several instances), I mean that he was pushing, bumping, faking, grabbing, fouling, etc. the entire night. I can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Seth Greenberg and his antics are not much better. Complain on the close calls yet, Seth and his players even complain and question obvious calls.

If I am calling the game, I take Deron Washington aside very early and get him in line. If he doesn't get in line, he should foul out early (with good reason). He was a menace out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantstrain 81 View Post
    Maybe he is just being polite, but Deron W. was deliberately dirty the entire game. When I say dirty, I don't necessarily mean that he was trying to hurt someone (although he could have on several instances), I mean that he was pushing, bumping, faking, grabbing, fouling, etc. the entire night. I can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Seth Greenberg and his antics are not much better. Complain on the close calls yet, Seth and his players even complain and question obvious calls.

If I am calling the game, I take Deron Washington aside very early and get him in line. If he doesn't get in line, he should foul out early (with good reason). He was a menace out there.

I couldn't agree more!

Add my vote as well. Washington is the dirtiest player I've seen in a long, long time. He should have been hit with a "T" when he undercut DeMarcus early in the 2nd half. That could have caused serious, serious damage and I don't blame Nelson for being upset. I'm not talking about the hard foul late in the game where DeMarcus got a technical himself. I'm speaking of the earlier play where Nelson had left the floor and Washington clearly moved in to undercut him while he was way up in the air. That was a dangerous and dirty play, and it should have been scrutinized a lot more by the announcers. Instead, they inexplicably glossed over it.

Gary

Deeee-ron will be quite a hit at the Portsmouth Invitational.

announcing

listening to len elmore tonight, i was literally embarrased for him.
    btw, duke was called for more fouls and vt shot more free throws.

Len Len Len... *sigh*

I think Len was trying to make up for what he was saying earlier in the game. He kept, not bashing, but speaking negatively ( OH NO) of Washington's flopping and his antics. Then he made a nice block and I think he was over-doing it by saying he's a nice guy and trying to make up for somewhat bashing him for the beginning of the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by heath_harshman4 View Post
    I think Len was trying to make up for what he was saying earlier in the game. He kept, not bashing, but speaking negatively ( OH NO) of Washington's flopping and his antics. Then he made a nice block and I think he was over-doing it by saying he's a nice guy and trying to make up for somewhat bashing him for the beginning of the 2nd half.
    I agree with the above. Also, I don't know if Washington is the dirtiest player, but he is a total punk. The distinction is that, to me, a "dirty" player tugs your shirt, throws elbows behind the play, undercuts on rebounds (which D-Wash actually did do), or slugs you in the gingerplums ala Chris Paul-- whereas, a "punk" makes most of his mischief after the play or for the purpose of finessing the game in a non-physical manner. E.g. D-Wash wading into our huddle, cheap shots on inbounds plays, flopping, etc. For some reason I can respect a dirty player (a la Rodman), more than I can respect a punk... Both types will be on display in College Park.

Honestly, I think it helped Duke tonight. If Washington had spent less energy on gamesmanship and more on the game, the Hokies might have put up more of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dbb03 View Post
    listening to len elmore tonight, i was literally embarrased for him.
    btw, duke was called for more fouls and vt shot more free throws.
    but OH MY GOD, duke gets all the calls.

I don’t what game Washington thought he was playing, but it sure wasn’t basketball. The refs almost let the game get out of hand. They should have T’d him up a second time long before he finally fouled out. Not only was he flopping on every play but he was deliberately trying to provoke the Duke players with his cheap shots and antics. I also blame the coach. He should have taken Washington out of the game and read him the riot act. Of course that is assuming he didn’t condone his actions. There was no excuse for Greenberg allowing Washington to continue his shenanigans.