Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Deron Washington / Seth Greenberg

I believe wholeheartedly that he is definitely the dirtiest player in the conference. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by redick4pres View Post
    I believe wholeheartedly that he is definitely the dirtiest player in the conference. Any thoughts?
    After tonight, I'm down 100%.

add his kick to lee's face

easily dirtiest player

This is the first game I wish that John Cheney was coaching instead of K.

Any my vote to the list. That dude is just filthy.

Send in that guy at the end of the bench who doesn't play, not Davidson but some other guy just to knock him around a little.

The worst punk.

"Deron Washington is a terrific young man." -- Len Elmore

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz View Post
    What a condemnation!

Yeah, if he is a nice young man, what does Len think of guys like Gerald and Scheyer? They're on the same level as God? LOL What an idiot!

LOLLLLLLL

Spring Lake, NC (acutally Harnett County)

What game was Len watching?

Maybe he is just being polite, but Deron W. was deliberately dirty the entire game. When I say dirty, I don't necessarily mean that he was trying to hurt someone (although he could have on several instances), I mean that he was pushing, bumping, faking, grabbing, fouling, etc. the entire night. I can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Seth Greenberg and his antics are not much better. Complain on the close calls yet, Seth and his players even complain and question obvious calls.

If I am calling the game, I take Deron Washington aside very early and get him in line. If he doesn't get in line, he should foul out early (with good reason). He was a menace out there.

well it shouldnt be a surprise...

Elmore isnt gonna Slander him on national TV and open himself up for a lawsuit. He was harping on his "emotional play" and it getting the better of him. so I guess he was trying to be balanced.

Im no Elmore fan... but so far this year he seems to have dropped his total Duke negativity schtik. He is tolerable right now. I couldnt say that in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantstrain 81 View Post
    Maybe he is just being polite, but Deron W. was deliberately dirty the entire game. When I say dirty, I don't necessarily mean that he was trying to hurt someone (although he could have on several instances), I mean that he was pushing, bumping, faking, grabbing, fouling, etc. the entire night. I can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Seth Greenberg and his antics are not much better. Complain on the close calls yet, Seth and his players even complain and question obvious calls.

If I am calling the game, I take Deron Washington aside very early and get him in line. If he doesn't get in line, he should foul out early (with good reason). He was a menace out there.

I couldn't agree more!

Add my vote as well. Washington is the dirtiest player I've seen in a long, long time. He should have been hit with a "T" when he undercut DeMarcus early in the 2nd half. That could have caused serious, serious damage and I don't blame Nelson for being upset. I'm not talking about the hard foul late in the game where DeMarcus got a technical himself. I'm speaking of the earlier play where Nelson had left the floor and Washington clearly moved in to undercut him while he was way up in the air. That was a dangerous and dirty play, and it should have been scrutinized a lot more by the announcers. Instead, they inexplicably glossed over it.

Gary

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Elmore isnt gonna Slander him on national TV and open himself up for a lawsuit. He was harping on his "emotional play" and it getting the better of him. so I guess he was trying to be balanced.

Im no Elmore fan... but so far this year he seems to have dropped his total Duke negativity schtik. He is tolerable right now. I couldnt say that in years past.
    It was also nice for a change to have the color commentator actually commentating on the game he was attending for the most part, instead of fifty other things.

announcing

listening to len elmore tonight, i was literally embarrased for him.
    btw, duke was called for more fouls and vt shot more free throws.

The guy is a whiny little twit, isn't he?
    I guess it is a way to get noticed, as they didn't stop talking about him all night.

About the officiating: That is a group of officials I absolutely HATE! Started back in about 2003. The fat one... he made about 80% of the calls against Duke. Most were legit, some not, but it just irked me that somehow HE was the one who apparently saw everything Duke did wrong, even when not in position to make the call. I even saw one of the other refs looking askance at him a couple of times. Ugh... very few people I wouldn't stop to help change a tire. Him, I would just stop and laugh at him... especially if it was raining.

Len Len Len... *sigh*

I think Len was trying to make up for what he was saying earlier in the game. He kept, not bashing, but speaking negatively ( OH NO) of Washington's flopping and his antics. Then he made a nice block and I think he was over-doing it by saying he's a nice guy and trying to make up for somewhat bashing him for the beginning of the 2nd half.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.

Is Deron Washington the dirtiest player in the ACC?

Highly likely, and he's a major flopper.