Curry houses in London

It's been a long time, but I seem to remember a thread in here with a bunch of recommendations for Indian food in London. Does James still haunt these parts?

I vaguely remember Brick Road being mentioned as the area to visit, but beyond that I'm clueless. Can someone help a Yank out?

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    It's been a long time, but I seem to remember a thread in here with a bunch of recommendations for Indian food in London. Does James still haunt these parts?

I vaguely remember Brick Road being mentioned as the area to visit, but beyond that I'm clueless. Can someone help a Yank out?
    There are curry houses all over London. What part of London are you in (I wouldn't want to recommend something in Islington of you are south of the Thames)?

Brick Lane it is. We were there about 4 years ago and went to Brick Lane and found a nice assortment of curry houses. I can't remember to save myself which one we chose, but it was one James had suggested and we were highly satisfied. I vaguely remember he had suggested several. My suggestion, visit several for a 3-4 course meal

I'm heading home to my parent's place for the night this Wednesday and I've requested that my Mom make her home-made curry. I can hardly wait for that meal and this thread is making it so much worse!!!

Thanks, I'm not really sure what the area is called, but I'm going to be staying at my buddy's flat just north of Hyde Park by the Bayswater tube station.

It appears that I have all Thursday and part of Friday to myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks, I'm not really sure what the area is called, but I'm going to be staying at my buddy's flat just north of Hyde Park by the Bayswater tube station.

It appears that I have all Thursday and part of Friday to myself. Any suggestions?
    You're in the Bayswater/Paddington area. I stayed in Paddington (Craven Hill) last time I was over there (it will be strange staying in the East End this summer). I found a couple of reasonably good curry houses while I was there. I seem to remember them being on Bayswater Road but let me double-check and I'll get back to you today.

Not only is this thread making me crave curry but it is also making me wish I was leaving for London today instead of late May. If you notice my signature, you'll see what I think of London...

I just spoke to my roommate (who was with me the last time I was in London) and she said that we went to a place called Curry Palace which was just off Bayswater Road (near the Queensway Tube station**). I enjoyed it even if she didn't (she's not really a fan of curry and went because I wouldn't shut up about wanting a good curry).

I ate at another curry house in the area after my roommate had left for Ireland but I can't for the life of me remember its name at the moment. I'll try to think of it and will post it if I do but, in the meantime, try the Curry Palace.

Also, you are sure to stumble across a few mom & pop curry houses. If they are reasonably busy, or if their take-out area has a few customers milling around, chances are they are local favourites and therefore worth trying.

** Queensway station is on the Central Line between the Notting Hill Gate and Lancaster Gate stations.