Sunday morning bible study at my church was the last place I expected to hear about Duke basketball. However, it happened this week.

The teacher was teaching on integrity. His wife is a school teacher who always tries to work a study on integrity into her curriculum. She asked her students to write a letter to someone asking them to define integrity. The bible class teacher chose two of the responses and read them.

The first response he read was from Coach K. He thanked the student for being a Duke fan and for following the program. He mentioned that the book he wrote with his daughter covers many topics like this. The teacher didn't read the entire letter, but chose a section that described integrity as doing the right thing when no one else will.

I can't say I was surprised that Coach K wrote a letter to a high school student from PA, because I've been a recipient of one of his letters as well, but it was a nice reminder of how important he feels it is to personally respond to fans. If he gives seminars on time management, I'd love to attend!