Inside Basketball with Duke's Coach K (TV)

Have any of you been watching Coach's noon on Sunday TV show this year? I never missed one in years past, but this year's version seems really strange.

How, you ask?

1. No Bob Harris

2. Last week's segment started out with EPISODE 7 on the screen (?)

3. Little or no commentary on the past week's games

4. No apparent Matthew L feature on one of the players

Is the Voice of the Blue Devils gone by choice? Anyone who knows anything... I would appreciate what info you have. Thanks.
    DukeDevilDeb

Could this have anything to do with the writer's strike? It hit one of the local radio morning shows here last week. Their writers took a day off in support of the strike.

Good question... I don't know. On totday's show, Bob Harris and Matthew made brief appearances, but the game footage that was shown (and not really discussed) was Virginia. ????
    DukeDevilDeb

I was wondering about this as well.

Last week's episode was just a series of features/interviews with some former players. Absolutely no highlights from the past week or mention of upcoming games. Weird.

I haven't watched this week's yet, its on DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by uncwdevil View Post
    I was wondering about this as well.

Last week's episode was just a series of features/interviews with some former players. Absolutely no highlights from the past week or mention of upcoming games. Weird.

I haven't watched this week's yet, its on DVR.
    It has been like this all year. Each episode has been numbered, starting of course with Episode 1 (not to be confused with Star Wars, which started with Episode IV).

Very few highlights and little or no comment on the games. Sometimes the latest highlights are in the closing credits for about 30 seconds.

I don't like this style either, for whatever that's worth, which isn't much.

I thought today's edition was very good, talking about Scheyer as sixth man, showing the old clips of David Henderson and Bob Harris from 22 years ago.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Can anyone else not stand the background music during interviews and such this year? Doesn't fit at all imo.

Post game radio

As I've read this thread, it occurred to me that the post game radio show is much shorter this season than it used to be. And Johnny Dawkins no longer has his program to take questions from Elmo and the other regulars calling in from different time zones.

Don't think the writers' strike would influence these changes. This is rather puzzling. Anyone know what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    As I've read this thread, it occurred to me that the post game radio show is much shorter this season than it used to be. And Johnny Dawkins no longer has his program to take questions from Elmo and the other regulars calling in from different time zones.

Don't think the writers' strike would influence these changes. This is rather puzzling. Anyone know what's going on?
    I guess Johnny got tired of answering the mostly dumb questions that were called in - you know, mostly about playing time for bench-warmers and lack of player development. I know I was tired of hearing his coach speak answers.

When I called in, I tried to not ask dumb questions, but did not always succeed.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

You may be right....

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I guess Johnny got tired of answering the mostly dumb questions that were called in - you know, mostly about playing time for bench-warmers and lack of player development. I know I was tired of hearing his coach speak answers.

When I called in, I tried to not ask dumb questions, but did not always succeed.
    You may be right about Johnny's show, but what about the shortened post game show?