Away Games in The ACC

Judging from recent games in the ACC, every away game this year for teams is going to be a struggle, ( see UNC's win at Georgia Tech). I don't remember it ever being so tough. Was UNC's blowout against STATE played in Raleigh or Chapel Hill ? So far were there any other easy road wins in the ACC ?

I would no be surprised if Duke lost at Miami, at Maryland , at UNC ( not much of a surprise), at Va Tech, ( always has trouble there ), at STATE,( we usually play well there)

I would be very suprised if Duke lost five of their remaining seven road games. This team is deep and talented and we will win on the road. Am I saying we finish the ACC season 16-0? No. But, 13-3 or 12-4 are both realistic expectations. Personally, I think the team is capable of going 16-0, but I've always had issues keeping my optimism in check!
    Bob Green

Bob - I see the Devils finishing at 13-3, sweeping all their home games and losing at UNC and two others.

gw67

away games

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Was UNC's blowout against STATE played in Raleigh or Chapel Hill ? So far were there any other easy road wins in the ACC ?

I would no be surprised if Duke lost at Miami, at Maryland , at UNC ( not much of a surprise), at Va Tech, ( always has trouble there ), at STATE,( we usually play well there)
    I would not be surprised if Duke lost ANY ONE of its seven remaining ACC road games ... but I'd be very surprised if we lost them all. Heck, even last year's team was 4-4 on the road (what killed us was 4-4 at home).

I'm counting on an 8-0 home record ... and realistically three road losses for a 13-3 ACC record. Optimistically, well I can dream of being better than that.

PS The UNC rout of State was in Chapel Hill.

There have been six road wins in the ACC so far: UNC has two road wins -- on a last-second 3 in OT at Clemson and by one at Georgia Tech (when Tech missed two shots at the buzzer). Virginia Tech won by one at Virginia on a shot at the buzzer. BC won at Maryland by 3 in December as the Terps missed a 3 at the buzzer. FSU won at Georgia Tech by 2.

Duke's 13-point win at FSU was far and away the "easiest" road win for any ACC team. In fact, the total margin of victory in the other five road wins added together is just nine points.

THAT illustrates how precious ACC road wins are.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Was UNC's blowout against STATE played in Raleigh or Chapel Hill ?
    The game was at Chapel Hill, which supports your point.