1 1.18%
  • BYU

0 0%
  • Xavier

0 0%
  • Other (specify in your post)

0 0%

Who will win the South?

Do the poll thing and then post your reply.

Texas A&M. Once again, best defense in the region, they have great guards and some upperclassmen leadership.

Confidence factor: 75%

It depends. Will Ohio State pass Oden the ball? Or will it make him try to dunk in their misses (as happened several times down the stretch against Wisco)? For all the talk of the chemistry between he and Conley, and with Matta as Big 10 COY, I don't see them utilizing Oden very effectively.

Osu

Going into the weekend, I didn't intend to be picking OSU to the F4, but I don't see anyone here who is likely to beat them - specifically, I don't think there's a single team in this bracket that can possibly score enough to win (possible exceptions - Tennessee, who I don't trust at all, but played OSU well already, and Nevada, who I think loses to Creighton).

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Texas A&M. Once again, best defense in the region, they have great guards and some upperclassmen leadership.

Confidence factor: 75%
    I picked TAMU as well. The thing is, I'm afraid they'll lose to Louisville. But if they make it past the second round, I like them over OSU.

Ohio Bias

I may be biased being from Ohio, but I really like the way the Buckeyes are playing right now. It is troublesome that they don't get it to Oden as often as they should, but they have a lot of weapons and go 9-10 deep. Plus they can go very large when needed with Othello Hunter alongside Oden. The only possible problem is inexperience. My darkhorse is Louisville-if you can call them a darkhorse.

Memphis

speed, confidence, can jump out of the gym and from Calipari down they have a very relaxed attitude showing tournament expeience

Ohio State

Greg Oden is a dominating force who has an extremely talented supporting cast assembled around him.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

Bump-- please vote!

Count me among the A&M supporters as well. Lost in tOSU hype is the fact that a solid defensive team can beat them (see: UNC, Florida, Wisconsin), and the Aggies have the 8th best defense in the country (Pomeroy) to go along with a top ten offense as well. Acie Law IV can take over a game, and I don't see anyone else in the bottom half of that bracket staying with them.

Osu

I like A&M as well but too much is bing made of OSU's losses to Florida and UNC. One was without Oden and the other just after his return. They are on a great roll and have one of the best players in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    I like A&M as well but too much is bing made of OSU's losses to Florida and UNC. One was without Oden and the other just after his return. They are on a great roll and have one of the best players in the nation.
    For those who think the Big 10 is a joke, however, those losses are a big deal. In their OOC schedule, OSU's only impressive win is a two-point win over Tennessee.

I am from Ohio and after the Blue Devils, my allegiance is to the Buckeyes, but I just love Acie Law IV. I think he has a charisma about him that is going to carry this team past Ohio State. You have a veteran upperclassmen crew between Law, Joseph Jones and Kavaliauskas, and a defensive minded coach in Gillespie. I also like that no conference had more games decided in the last minute than the Big 12, A&M being involved in many of them. That experience is something to be appreciated as we get to the point where almost every game is going to be close after Friday.

Also, the Big 10 is not as strong as some might think. I was never really sold on Wisconsin. To date, they don't have one big road win. They lost at Ohio State, at Michigan State, and at Indiana, the 3 other best teams in the league. Thus, OSU's only other big games have been against UNC (w/o Oden), Tennessee (almost lost at home) and Florida (they were embarrassed). So if you look at what happened to OSU when they stepped out of conference, I have to believe they will struggle and eventually stumble between the Sweet 16 or Elite 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    Also, the Big 10 is not as strong as some might think. I was never really sold on Wisconsin. To date, they don't have one big road win. They lost at Ohio State, at Michigan State, and at Indiana, the 3 other best teams in the league. Thus, OSU's only other big games have been against UNC (w/o Oden), Tennessee (almost lost at home) and Florida (they were embarrassed). So if you look at what happened to OSU when they stepped out of conference, I have to believe they will struggle and eventually stumble between the Sweet 16 or Elite 8.
    I picked OSU to win it all and your comments scare me!!

Crud, if not OSU, who do I pick? I am not going for Florida (no one repeats but US!!) and cannot pick the Heels. Kansas... hmmmm.

-Jason

jason, your best bet is to pick unc over florida in the championship. that way, when your bracket busts you'll be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I picked OSU to win it all and your comments scare me!!

Crud, if not OSU, who do I pick? I am not going for Florida (no one repeats but US!!) and cannot pick the Heels. Kansas... hmmmm.

-Jason
    Pick UCLA! They were the favorite until their recent 2 game slump, but they're still a great team.