Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSU fan...

Hamilton has a very stern look about him but he came accross as a soft spoken guy when interviewed during his coaching adventure with the Wizards.

gw67

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
    Yes, exactly. I just rewatched it, and they shook hands, did the arm embrace, then leaned in so their heads were together, which puts each person's ear next to the other's mouth for better hearing, and it's obviously impossible to look the other in the eye in that position. Hamilton is smiling the entire time they're talking. Not a huge grin, but definitely not shrugging K off.
    Did you notice the small object being thrown in K's direction as they shook hands? The Florida State Trooper looked over his right sholder after it went by. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    Did you notice the small object being thrown in K's direction as they shook hands? The Florida State Trooper looked over his right sholder after it went by. Just curious.
    It was a small orange object, maybe a wadded up piece of paper or something like that, since it didn't seem to have a lot of mass to it. It appeared to bounce off Hamilton's elbow, but he didn't react to it. I reckon the trooper couldn't see who threw it and nobody looked like they were about to throw anything else, so he didn't pursue the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    From TV, the atmosphere seemed like a poor man's Comcast Center.
    That just made an excellent Friday even better. Good work, sir.

a boo for K

I'm dismayed to hear that K said the FSU players are "good kids." That was asinine and disloyal, it seems to me, under the circumstances. What the Hell would he know about their character, anyway, aside from what was revealed by their conduct in the game, which hardly speaks well for them?

not sharing that perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by wumhenry View Post
    I'm dismayed to hear that K said the FSU players are "good kids." That was asinine and disloyal, it seems to me, under the circumstances. What the Hell would he know about their character, anyway, aside from what was revealed by their conduct in the game, which hardly speaks well for them?
    That seems a bit over the top to me. To whom was K being "disloyal" when making that statement? I have a hard time imagining Greg feels K is a less supportive coach because of those words. Absent concrete information about the F$U players character (and he may personally know many of them from recruitment or past games), I'm comfortable with Coach K assuming the best.

I have a difficult time getting worked up about the coach of "my team" saying positive words about an opposing team's players after we just got a great win on the road.

s.i.

Angry not pollyanna

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post
    That seems a bit over the top to me. To whom was K being "disloyal" when making that statement?
    His starting point guard.

I have a hard time imagining Greg feels K is a less supportive coach because of those words.
    Well, call me a sorehead, then, but if it was *me* whose coach had made no protest when I'd just gotten mugged like that and who instead complimented the muggers on their niceness, "supportive" isn't what would pop into my mind if you were to ask me describe my coach in one word.

Coach K and Paulus had quite a discussion on the bench as the game ended, but I couldn't really tell what they were talking about. It appeared to be friendly, but emphatic. I imagine Greg is just fine with Coach K and the situation/comments.

I wouldn't consider it appropriate for K to publicly criticize the other team's players, and I honestly think less of coaches who do; I think it makes them look like poor sports. If he has concerns, he can bring them up privately to the opposing coach, and let him handle it. I like that K is always gracious toward the other team.

He could've complimented their playing without saying that the muggers were nice kids.

Quote Originally Posted by wumhenry View Post
    He could've complimented their playing without saying that the muggers were nice kids.
    K didn't say they were "nice" kids--he said they were "good" kids. It was a classy, sportsmanlike way of defusing a potentially controversial situation. If K were to publicly criticize an opposing player, especially after Duke won the game, it would only inflame all those cretins who desperately seek out reasons to hate Duke and denigrate Coach K. Besides, I wouldn't want our coach to take snide shots at opposing players like a certain legendary former coach at the school 8 miles down 15-501 was known to do.

Dissing another teams players is not Coach K's style. Never has been and likley will never be. I have to agree, however that if K did say something negative towards FSU, the media would be on that like flys on a pig, and once again throw another can of gas on the already flamming I Hate Duke bombfire that seems to always be burning. I would be dissapointed in K if he were to do that. We know in our hearts who the better team is and who has the best fans in the world.

You're beating a strawman, guys. Who said K should have dissed FSU? Nobody. I just wish he hadn't said they're "good kids," which was fatuous insofar as it applied to Reid and Swann.