Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up paulus is the man of the match

paulus made the game winning plays: the steal and layup in the open court gave duke a nice confortable lead, then the drive and layup, and the steal on reid after an offensive rebound in the lane, and knocking down the fts after the foul and techical.

way to step it up paulus, you got my vote for man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That technical reminded me of the Dog Whisperer. The little dog starts it, but the big dog gets in trouble when he finishes it. (Paulus started kicking his feet unnecessarily IMHO).
    Paulus kicking his feet was bad, but on the replay it does look like he got clocked in the face first. The way it played out it looked like they didn't assess a technical, though?

Paulus may not have had the best game, but he played really well at the end with those big layups and even the FTs.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Duke MBB vs. FSU Post-Game Thread

Post your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by speedevil View Post
    paulus made the game winning plays: the steal and layup in the open court gave duke a nice confortable lead, then the drive and layup, and the steal on reid after an offensive rebound in the lane, and knocking down the fts after the foul and techical.

way to step it up paulus, you got my vote for man of the match.
    Couldn't agree more. That steal, then the lay up, then the hustle!

That reminded me a little of the Henderson-nose job on Hansbrough last season. The Paulus move was hustle, then Reid just decided to punch Paulus in the head. Bull----.

We got a couple calls tonight, but so did they (but the only thing we'll hear about is the calls Duke got...).

Great win, I'll take it. Tough to win in Tallahassee.

Lows: Lance Thomas was a non-entity most of the game. I would've had McClure in there.
    Last edited by beltwayBD; 01-16-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: post-game thoughts.

I'm glad we won? Last year I'm not sure the team had the toughness to battle back after losing the lead.

I'll take a 13 point win!

Paulus played well when it mattered, he has improved greatly.

Too close for comfort. When we have a double digit lead we have to keep it. FSU fell apart down the stretch with the tech. foul and all. More experienced teams will not do that. Grade: B- Showed poise down the stretch when we needed to.

FTs saved the day!!!

After fretting thru the game if poor FT shooting was gonna cost us the game, all of a sudden we starting making ALL of them!!!! Clutch FT shooting won this game, I´m so happy to be able to say that!!!!

You will have to study up on the Throatybreen corollary

Why we always struggle so much at FSU I will never know, but at least we pulled out the victory. Things were looking bad, but we made all the plays in crunch time. Singler has shown a few times already he has ice in his veins (Pitt game) and Paulus persevered and played tough down the stretch despite having a poor performance earlier. I think this is a good win even if it was a little close for comfort. We aren't going to have too many easy road games.

I am calling this a big win for Duke.

I am so proud of our guys and we hung in there when we could have very easily folded it up and lost. FSU was driving, on fire in the second half, the arena was hostile and it was an aggressive game. Scheyer was a scoring animal and Paulus played a poor game initially, but when we needed his leadership, he brought it and delivered!

Back to Cameron to face a strong Clemson team. Great win for Duke!

dth.

I love the win here. Is the box score on espn correct in that we out rebounded them pretty handily?

It seemed like we had trouble with having no big man in the middle to defer shots... but we pulled it out with our energy.

Florida State was playing like a bunch of sharp toothed little puppies... high energy on but completely out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeisawesome View Post
    Why we always struggle so much at FSU I will never know, but at least we pulled out the victory.
    Maybe the crowd? They're effing barbarians. Really loud, really into it. A big momentum factor I think. I could hear some guy in the stands on ESPN heckling the refs the whole game for (supposedly) bad calls.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Generally Mike Patrick was awful. He seems to get worse with time. But when it was 57-55, Patrick or Bilas was prescient when he said the tougher team will win and immediately after Duke played really tough. Congrats to Greg who came in cold after sitting the majority of the second half on the bench and took the pounding and made big plays.

Singler's absolutely pure three (barely rippled the net) was a key basket, but Paulus's steal and lay-up was the dagger. I counted FOUR air balls for Paulus in the game, but boy did he come through when the chips were down.

Great win after a sloppy and scary second half.

why wasn't reid thrown out of the game? I thought the rule was you throw a punch, you're out!

Can't say enough about Paulus in the final 3 minutes. His first 37 were horrible, but it is good to see we can rely on him down the stretch. He is on my list for end of game shots. I like Paulus second to only Henderson (see Pitt game) for the last shot. Scheyer still gets my Man of the Match vote b/c it is the whole game not just the last three minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by beltwayBD View Post
    Couldn't agree more. That steal, then the lay up, then the hustle!

That reminded me a little of the Henderson-nose job on Hansbrough last season. The Paulus move was hustle, then Reid just decided to punch Paulus in the head. Bull----.

We got a couple calls tonight, but so did they (but the only thing we'll hear about is the calls Duke got...).

Great win, I'll take it. Tough to win in Tallahassee.

Lows: Lance Thomas was a non-entity most of the game. I would've had McClure in there.

I don't understand why Reid wasn't ejected from the game. Seriously, what am I missing?

Wow

I LOVE THIS TEAM.

Last year, we lose this game. We come home whipped, tails between our legs.

This year, we were tough.

So don't critique this player or that player and how they played. This was about tough. Guts. Character. Balls.

Paulus.

Crappy game, for the most part. But at winning time, what a tough mother . . .

Scheyer. Are you kidding?

Singler. He is gonna have more scars on his face than any player in Duke history. That 3? Unconscious. And a freshman.

I don't care where this team finishes this year. They are already one of my favorite Duke teams and I've been watching since the early 60's.

I LOVE THIS TEAM.