Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Know Your Manilow!

Found this on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution site during lunch. I've yet to take the quiz but am about to. While I appreciate his talents, I really hope I fail this one. Really.

http://projects.accessatlanta.com/qu...barry-manilow/

Update: I got 7 of 10 correct. I think I just ruined my own day.

-Oh EarlJam, well you came and you kept me from shakin; go and make me some bacon.

You should change your sig to "At the EarlJam...EarlJam cabana...the hottest spot north of Havana."

I only scored 60%, making me slightly less of a loser than you. But I had taken that quiz long before you posted it (while sipping morning coffee), roughly evening the loser quotient.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    You should change your sig to "At the EarlJam...EarlJam cabana...the hottest spot north of Havana."

I only scored 60%, making me slightly less of a loser than you. But I had taken that quiz long before you posted it (while sipping morning coffee), roughly evening the loser quotient.
    I don't know if I would go so far as to use such a strong term as "loser." I mean, if all I or you did was listen to sucky, wimpy music, well, that's one thing, but I listen to very cool, macho stuff too. Why just this morning I drove to work with the sunroof open, blasting REO Speedwagon from my speakers.

I was "ridin' the storm out" baby and "couldn't fight the feeling!"

For my money, it just doesn't get any better than Kevin Cronin!

-EarlJam

I only scored 40%...thank heavens...although I now have a mental image of Barry sunbathing au natural burned into my brain...aaaagggghhhh!!!!

70%

But that may be b/c Barry is in Raleigh this weekend and his vibes are arriving ahead of him.

And no, I'm not going to the show.

Smile And for THIS, I give up the title of Shane Battier?

50%

YAHOO!!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    50%

YAHOO!!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    50%, and I can honestly say that every answer was a complete guess.

Windsor managed to be cool at a statistically improbable level. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. The way I see it, to score under 50% requires knowing most of the answers but choosing the opposite so you look like less of a Fanilow.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    50%, and I can honestly say that every answer was a complete guess.

Windsor managed to be cool at a statistically improbable level. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. The way I see it, to score under 50% requires knowing most of the answers but choosing the opposite so you look like less of a Fanilow.
    Sadly (or happily) I actually thought I knew the answers to some of them (I really thought he wrote the 'you deserve a break today...' ) my actually response to the 'likes to sunbath in the nude was 'please, God NOOOO'...I really wanted that one to be false.

Had I scored higher than a 70 (surpassing the closet Fanilow EarlJam) I simply would have denied ever taking the quiz!!

20%

I'm so proud, after having come of age (or should I say, being inundated by his music) in his heyday.

I too had a score indistiguishable from pure random noise...(50&#37

60--every one a guess.

barry manifold

3/10 for me-crap, i don't have the lowest score on the board.

double crap, i will give up Quin if i actually submit this post admitting i wasted the time taking the quiz

and fortunately, the show in Raleigh tonite was cancelled due to the bad weather we didn't have

embarrassed

Hate that I scored 50% -- every one a guess. Was hoping to score less than that. Figure that to be a C or C- at best. (Although these days... a 50% is probably a B+)

70%

I took the quiz because I knew Bruce Johnston was once with the Beach Boys (now there's a band name to make today's music exec cringe) and Manilow made his song famous. Figured it would wind up as one of the questions.
    Last edited by BlueTeuf; 01-21-2008 at 07:43 AM. Reason: spelled Johnston wrong

20%

What's sad is that I was trying to answer correctly. I'm with Windsor: I answered "false" to the nude sunbathing question because I really, really wanted it to be false. Now I would like a big, huge eraser for the mental image that I'll be stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Found this on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution site during lunch. I've yet to take the quiz but am about to. While I appreciate his talents, I really hope I fail this one. Really.

http://projects.accessatlanta.com/qu...barry-manilow/

Update: I got 7 of 10 correct. I think I just ruined my own day.

-Oh EarlJam, well you came and you kept me from shakin; go and make me some bacon.
    how can you make fun of fleetwood mac and support this doofus

I suppose I should be proud that I am no 'Fanilow' as I scored 50%. And to be honest, the ones I did get I guessed at totally. So really, I am probably 10 or 20%.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

I was going for 100%

I wanted to get them all correct so I could take whatever dubious title you wanted to bestow upon me but alas, I only got 6 right. As yes, I got the nude sunbathing question wrong for the same reason everybody else did. Is it still true? Maybe not, we can only hope.

What exactly is wrong with Barry Manilow that everyone runs from him? I think we're all secretly Barry Manilow fans.

Oh, my score was 30%, and I got the sunbathing wrong too.

Guesses

I got 80% but I have to admit that at least half of my right answers were complete guesses. Manilow is not one of my all time favorites but I don't detest him like most of you do.
    Tom Mac