Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    I think you're assuming that Watzone has inside information in this case. He does an amazing job of keeping us posted when he knows things, and its always appreciated when he shares information, especially as it's not always in the best interest of his site.

From all of his comments, it looks like KB's decision to announce today took him by surprise the same way it did all of us. The one thing he did say is "If the announcement is official then its most likely bad news."

We've confirmed the announcement is official. So looks like KB is a Gator.

The biggest loss we take is in our depth at the guard position, assuming this is Henderson's final year.

If we also lose Singler, we're going to need some INCREDIBLE play from MP1/MP2/Kelly/Zoubek to have a shot at the title in 2010. If we don't lose Singler, I like our chances.

Regardless of Singler's decision, 2009-2010 will be Duke's year of the swing forward. With only 3 guards (I really don't see Pocius being a significant contributor ever). We'll probably see a 2 guard 3 big/swingman line up more often than a 3 guard 2 big/swingman.

Suffice it to say I'm excited for 2009-2010 season regardless of what Singler/Henderson choose to do. It'll be a fun team to watch.

ANNNNND all that said. I'm even more excited about 2008-2009, because it started and I can't wait to watch our first real game.

-Skitz
    I'm close to yelling "bingo." It was new news for me as of this morning, but didn't surprise me. As of last evening KB was to come to Duke for his official visit and that came from those close to the situation. I now assume the worst, but I guess there is an outside chance he could still pick Duke.

Boynton Canceled Visit To Duke And Texas

Rivals just said he is announcing tonight and will probably pick Florida

Sigh. So unless something changes, it should be an interesting forward dominated team next year. :-/

His loss.

I hope that Hendo is so good this year that it would be reasonable for him to consider the NBA, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. My bet, based only on what I see is that he doesn't leave, regardless how good his year is. This may just be optimism on my part, however.

What about John Wall

Some have said he will be our next guy, but will he?

He is an elite talent, but we don't necessarily need him. He is a close friend and teammate (AAU) with Kelly, so that might help.

Do we even need someone for next year?

Also, this can't really be a shock. Many national pundits have been giving Florida a comfortable lead for months.

ps When I said sad reality I meant it from KB's perspective. Also from our prespective, but in a general, oveall sadness that we will not be able to lock up an elite player, further padding our talent level.
    Last edited by Diddy; 10-30-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    CALM MYSELF???? WHEN WE ARE ABOUT TO LOSE THE NEXT JASON WILLIAMS????
    Williams was a three year player who was most successful (personally) in his junior season. Seems like a though compairison when most of what we've heard makes it look like Kenny is a potential one-and-done.

Guards

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Sigh. So unless something changes, it should be an interesting forward dominated team next year. :-/

His loss.
    Well, we'll still likely have Scheyer, Smith, Williams, and Pocius. There's a lot of experience there. One more body would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post

His loss.
    I think you mean "It should be an interesting forward dominated team next year. :-)"

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Well, we'll still likely have Scheyer, Smith, Williams, and Pocius. There's a lot of experience there. One more body would be nice though.
    Could see a much taller guy playing the 3 next year unless Duke brings in another guard. So back to a two guard alignment. Neither system is inherently better than the other, just play with what you got, which at this point appears to be lots of forwards next year depending on what G and Kyle do.

10. A few minutes ago ESPNU had the UF logo associated with Boynton's story. When I check the site now, I see that it has been removed. Looks like someone oops'd and posted the UF logo too soon. I think we have our answer confirmed.

assuming kyle is back and kelly as advertised, nolan, scheyer, singler, kelly, MP1 is a very good line up

It's never good when you lose your #1 recruit. Maybe Wall will close to his family.

I feel very uncomfortable when I hear that we are going after John Wall. I heard that he had some baggage and went looking for some information. Here are a few things that I have heard:

1) He was kicked off his previous basketball team by the coach for having a bad attitude and hurting the team. (seems hard to hurt your team with your attitude when you are the best pg in the country)

2) He gets very down on his teammates when they mess up or drop his and1 style passes

3) He is rumored to have some gang involvement. He has three cuts in one of his eyebrows... not good

4) Then there is the issue with Wall having a number of "handlers." I am reminded of another one and done player called OJ Mayo...

I don't really feel right about this kid, but I suppose we have to trust K. He always steers us right.

14. IMHO, Wall has never seemed to fit the Coach K mold in regards to character.

Wall

First off there is no confirmation that Duke is seriously going after Wall...no offer anyway.

But don't forget that Wall played with Kelly recently. I'm sure the staff is talking to Ryan quite a bit to see what he thinks of John Wall.

There are extremely nice quotes from Wall about Kelly also...assuming the negative things about him are true...there's a good chance he grew up and knows his best shot to the nba is cleaning up his act...and maybe his mother's situation has him re-thinking his values.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I feel very uncomfortable when I hear that we are going after John Wall.
    Have you heard from anyone in a position to know that we are going after Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    He has three cuts in one of his eyebrows... not good
    are you John McCain or something? lol.

"i heard Kyle Singler shaved his head must be associated with a gang"

If half the stuff on this board about Wall is true, I wouldn't think K would go near him. I agree that it is fortunate that we have an inside source.

its official, hes a gator
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-30-2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: profanity

Ah, the old double posting trick. Next, the shoe phone!