Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    I know most of you understand this, but Duke isn't everyone's dream school.
    And to paraphrase Yoda... that is why they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    And to paraphrase Yoda... that is why they fail.
    mmmm yes, wisdom, they have not. Fail, they will.

We are going to lose some recruiting battles. I think now that the staff has the Olympics behind them the recruiting has drastically improved. The hunger for greatness has seemed to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    The hunger for greatness has seemed to return.
    On what basis would you think or assume that it was ever gone?

how does this or does this affect a barnes or knight decision?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    how does this or does this affect a barnes or knight decision?
    I can't pretend to have any insider information on this, but I can't really see why Barnes would make his decision based on what Boynton did since there was no guarantee that the two of them would ever share the court, even if they both had chosen Duke. Boynton may have been off to the NBA after one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    With regards to point 7, that is is a wosrt(ish) case scenario. However, for both (Kyle and Gerald) to leave, both would have to have very good years, and the team would have to do very well. At the very least, a serious Elite 8 Run or better. It is possible for both to have very good years while the team underachieved, but it is unlikely that BOTH would leave early after yet another early March Swoon.
    I see where you are coming from with this, but I don't think there's a complete correlation between how far we go in March and whether or not those two go pro. If they have a good to great regular season and then test the waters and do well in workouts, then it really doesn't matter to the scouts whether they lost one game in mid-march or not.

Now, they might want to come back to "finish what they started" or something like that, but it will have little to not impact on their draft stock if we bow out in early/mid march if they have a good season and good workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    I can't pretend to have any insider information on this, but I can't really see why Barnes would make his decision based on what Boynton did since there was no guarantee that the two of them would ever share the court, even if they both had chosen Duke. Boynton may have been off to the NBA after one season.
    WRT Knight: Same as you I have no inside info, but Duke and UF are high on his list. I think the popular sentiment is that boynton may try and influence knight to go to UF a little, and may succeed, but that in the end, Knight is a very good if not great player in his own right, and will excel wherever he goes.

We can't forget that knight and boynton have been teammates and excelled as teammates on AAU teams so they may want to play together, but the public statements from both of them are that they are not "trying" to play together, and frankly, both of them will be great and be drafted early regardless, and I think they know that. Nonetheless, you have to imagine where boynton plays has to have at least a small impact, but probably not a large one.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    We can't forget that knight and boynton have been teammates and excelled as teammates on AAU teams so they may want to play together, but the public statements from both of them are that they are not "trying" to play together, and frankly, both of them will be great and be drafted early regardless, and I think they know that. Nonetheless, you have to imagine where boynton plays has to have at least a small impact, but probably not a large one.
    I agree. Plus, they may be asked to play the same position in college. Boynton may want to showcase his developing PG skills, something he can't do with Knight running the point for his team. At any rate, I just don't think it's possible to really read anything into Boynton's decision WRT Knight's future college choice. I think in the absence of any particularly revealing statements by Knight, we can all pretty much assume that he will be making his decision entirely independently.

Perhaps you just aren't as "street" as me haha... or maybe you need to do a little hw

Rumored gang involvement + three symmetrical eyebrow cuts (sign of the bloods) = Bad News. It doesn't really matter what political figure you are. That being said, I have no evidence. I am just saying that these are the kind of rumors that should raise eyebrows in the recruiting process.
    Or perhaps I prefer not to make allegations about future recruits based on teenager styles. There's a lot of kids who put cuts in their eyebrows (dates back to Kriss Kross remember them) and aren't gang affiliated. Just like people shave their heads and aren't skinheads/neo nazis. Now if John Wall was donning red rags and screaming "sooowhooo" after every point on the basketball court I would probably guess he was a gang member. But 3 cuts in the eyebrow? Is that your evidence that he's a "bad" kid we should stay away from. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by concrete View Post
    Or perhaps I prefer not to make allegations about future recruits based on teenager styles. There's a lot of kids who put cuts in their eyebrows (dates back to Kriss Kross remember them) and aren't gang affiliated. Just like people shave their heads and aren't skinheads/neo nazis. Now if John Wall was donning red rags and screaming "sooowhooo" after every point on the basketball court I would probably guess he was a gang member. But 3 cuts in the eyebrow? Is that your evidence that he's a "bad" kid we should stay away from. Wow!
    Thank you for saying this. I'll second this notion.

I tried searching for any references about gang involvement, eyebrow cuts, etc., and came up with not a single reference anywhere. If you don't have proof, why raise unsubstantiated (at best) questions about the character of a young man. (Haven't we learned about the potential impact of baseless claims?) If he has different priorities that led him in a certain direction, then last I checked he is free to make whatever decision best suits him and his family. It's okay to be disappointed about losing a recruit but trying to make yourself feel better by taking pot shots at a kid is despicable.

why didn't Boynton wait until his official visit?

Some people can make quick decissions others take a long time. He must of felt very comfortable in his home state especially after seeing what the school is now known for, a Football game in the swamp.

Well his decision created others...

Florida sophomore Jai Lucas is transferring out of the program, a source has told CBSSports.com.

FL Backcourt = Wasteland

Or, at least, next year it will be. I am seeing all over the net that Calathes has one foot out the door. He is Fl's only definite backcourt starter this year. He is also the primary ball handler. Combined with the Lucas decision, which can't have been all that sudden, it is kind of a no brainer for Boynton.

When Boynton gets to Fl next year, he will start immediately. He will also have all the shots he wants. Heck, he will HAVE to start, he will HAVE to play big minutes, and he will HAVE to shoot a lot.

Prior to this summer, nearly everyone expected Boynto to need a few years at least to get ready for the league. His play this summer served notice that he has serious one-and-done abilities. If a showcase for Kenny Boynton was what he was looking for, Duke was not the place for him. We have too many quality guys on the perimeter next year, even if Hendo does leave. Boynton would have to earn minutes at Duke, which simply isn't the case at FL.