Place to watch the game in Tallahassee

Hey all, anyone know of a Duke friendly place to watch the game in Tallahassee?

Duke-fsu

1. your living room/den?

2. any place but the civic center

Stray, any suggestions for our new friend?

When I was in law school at F$U (ugh- big mistake), we used to meet at Beef O'Brady's off of Thomasville Rd. There is a very active Duke Club of Tallahassee who would sometimes get together for games.

That being said, this game is IN Tallahassee, so shouldn't you be AT the game?

Since it is one of their two biggest games of the year, it might cost you $3-$5 to scalp a ticket. (Not joking).
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

I've looked into my options for getting into the arena, but I'm not totally sure I'll make it. And as mentioned, it's likely not the most Duke friendly place. Being new in Tallahassee, I wouldn't mind finding some other dukies to watch the game with. Thanks for the tip!

give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by BTDev View Post
    I've looked into my options for getting into the arena, but I'm not totally sure I'll make it. And as mentioned, it's likely not the most Duke friendly place. Being new in Tallahassee, I wouldn't mind finding some other dukies to watch the game with. Thanks for the tip!
    If you go through this group, you can get tickets for the game AND dinner for only $34.00, which sounds like a very good deal. I don't think you have to be a Duke alum to take advantage of it.

Cheer loudly :-)

s.i.

http://www.dukealumni.com/__page/100...7099031.0.aspx

Smile The game is sold out.Good(safe) place to go.

Good sports bars include Hooters(2000 North Monroe; 850-385-2004); AJ Sports(1800 West Tennessee,next to campus;681-0731); and 4th Quarter(across from Hooters;385-0017).These places are unfriendly to opposing fans when they lack size(in body and numbers!).
    The game is a sell-out.It will be very nasty inside the civic center.When there are less than 5,000 fans, the FSU folks are docile.When they sell out,they are ferocious and obnoxious.Prominent Dukies have their offices papered by law partners when FSU wins.
    Beef O'Brady's(1830 Thomasville Road;2222157) ,as suggested, is a good,friendly place. The fans segregate and the family atmosphere protects one from the inexorable barrage of profanities sometimes experienced at the game.If you cannot get a ticket,this is a good choice.
    For the first time in 15 years, the Capital Duke Club is not having a reception.We have had as many as 450 people at receptions because we were able to get as many as 350 tickets through a Dukie who is a prof at FSU, former partner-owner of the Orlando Magic,sometimes poster on DBR(most important!!), and founder of the Biletnikoff Award, who has tight connections to the FSU Seminole Boosters president and 2nd in command.Go Duke!!