Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really dont want to post this but...

...it is possible that Hansblah will break JJ's all-time ACC scoring record. My money says he'll go pro after this year - but if he doesn't chances are he the record is his (barring some freak injury, kidnapping, ebola injection, etc..).

The question is, would you rather have UNC win the Nat. Championship, thus increasing the likeliness he'll go pro? Or they don't and he stays. Here's the stats so far.

JJ:
    Freshman - 15.0 ppg
    Sophmore - 15.9 ppg
    Junior - 21.8 ppg
    Senior - 26.8 ppg

Doughboy:
    Freshman - 18.9 ppg
    Sophmore - 18.4 ppg
    Junior - 21.2 ppg
    Senior - ??

a lot depends too on how many games he plays.
    Redick played in 4 acc championship games, one final 4 and 3 sweet 16's. Thats a lot of points right there.

screw it. I hope hansbla goes pro after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    ...it is possible that Hansblah will break JJ's all-time ACC scoring record. My money says he'll go pro after this year - but if he doesn't chances are he the record is his (barring some freak injury, kidnapping, ebola injection, etc..).

The question is, would you rather have UNC win the Nat. Championship, thus increasing the likeliness he'll go pro? Or they don't and he stays. Here's the stats so far.

JJ:
    Freshman - 15.0 ppg
    Sophmore - 15.9 ppg
    Junior - 21.8 ppg
    Senior - 26.8 ppg

Doughboy:
    Freshman - 18.9 ppg
    Sophmore - 18.4 ppg
    Junior - 21.2 ppg
    Senior - ??

Bite your tongue!! I don't want any of the above to happen except for Hansblah going pro at the end of this year. He gets on my last nerve and I don't have many left. He, he

Any data on . . .

. . . how many steps Hansblabla has taken in his career?

Talking Good to see ya buddy

Quote Originally Posted by mcdukefan View Post
    Well I figure 3 steps for every 2 points

Upper Limit

Hans is at his upper limit as far as scoring. I don't think he can get up to the 27 or so a game that he would need to average to break JJs record. Also, next year, there will be an infusion of talent. Roy will have to prepare for the future and pare Hans's minutes, even if only a little. He won't average the 35 or so min a game necessary to break the record.

I am not worried about that. Now, lets just hope he doesn't win a NC.

Patrick Yates

It'd be easier than you think...

Looking at season averages is not the best way to figure this out, because that doesn't consider the number of games played. If Hansbrough plays for four years, it appears he's going to play more games than Redick did.

Redick had 2,769 points in 139 games (19.9 ppg). Hansbrough has 1,647 right now in 86 games (19.2 ppg). So for Hansbrough to break the record, he needs to score another 1,123 points.

UNC probably has at most 23 games left (14 regular season, 3 ACC, 6 NCAA). If they play 37 games next year, that'd give him 60 more games total. That'd mean he'd need to average only 19 points per game over the next 60 to break the record.

If he gets 50 games, he'd have to average 22.5 points per game over the remaining 50 games. For that to happen, though, UNC would have to underachieve somewhat in multiple tournaments.

So if Hansbrough stays for his senior year and stays healthy and productive and UNC makes at least the sweet 16 and avoids opening round ACC losses, it's very very possible for Hansbrough to break the record.

Let's hope he goes pro.

Thats where I was trying to go with this thread but alas, I am very lazy and you my friend have done your homework.

Now that everything is cleared up I am less optimistic.

Dammit.

What if he runs out of contact lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post

JJ:
    Freshman - 15.0 ppg
    Sophmore - 15.9 ppg
    Junior - 21.8 ppg
    Senior - 26.8 ppg

Doughboy:
    Freshman - 18.9 ppg
    Sophmore - 18.4 ppg
    Junior - 21.2 ppg
    Senior - ??
    I do not think Hansblah will go pro after this season. He seems to be the type that understands the value of legacy and I think he wants to leave behind the most powerful legacy for himself at UNC. He wants to be one of the UNC all-time greats - and I respect that kind of thinking.

He'll be back for a senior year.

-EarlJam

Chances are better than average IMHO that he does break JJs record if he stays four years and avoids injury.

His frequent traveller miles may set a record.

An all time NCAA record!

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I do not think Hansblah will go pro after this season. He seems to be the type that understands the value of legacy and I think he wants to leave behind the most powerful legacy for himself at UNC. He wants to be one of the UNC all-time greats - and I respect that kind of thinking.

He'll be back for a senior year.

-EarlJam
    I disagree. I think that Tyler knows that his game will not translate to the pro level, and thus realizes that he is at his ceiling. Consequently, he will stay next year. It has nothing to do with legacy.
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdukefan View Post
    Nobody could count that high!

They tried using a supercomputer but sometime during their last game the number got so high that all they get now is an error message.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Nobody could count that high!

They tried using a supercomputer but sometime during their last game the number got so high that all they get now is an error message.
    I heard that the fuses blew.

"The question is, would you rather have UNC win the Nat. Championship, thus increasing the likeliness he'll go pro?"

Not much question in my mind. UNC winning a NC would eclipse all other accomplishments and should be viewed as the worst possible outcome (actually, Duke losing to UNC in the final would be the absolute worst). I'm sure JJ would gladly give up his scoring record in exchange for a NC.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I disagree. I think that Tyler knows that his game will not translate to the pro level, and thus realizes that he is at his ceiling. Consequently, he will stay next year. It has nothing to do with legacy.
    So we both agree he is staying, but for different reasons?

You're saying you think he will stay because he basically has no choice and will stink in the NBA...and knows it?

I'm saying he will stay because he wants to leave a legacy - to become as great at UNC as he can be...to be....special.

Just want to be sure I'm understanding correctly. That's a fair argument. But if you interviewed him I wouldn't bet that he would say, "My game will not translate to the pro level." My bet is he would say, "I'm gonna kick A in the NBA."

Either way, here's hoping he gets an in-grown toenail on every toe come March 1.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I don't think that his game will translate terribly well at the NBA level either but I am confident that he will get drafted and fairly likely in the first round. Since he is at or near his ceiling (I think most will agree with that) he doesn't stand to gain much (basketball wise) from sticking around. If Lawson (probable) and Ellington (possible) declare at the end of the season, UNC could be mediocre next year and Hans will be double and triple teamed at all times (who else beside Green will score). He would get pounded and hacked even more than he does already. Since this years draft won't be overly strong in the big man department, he just might go.

Then again if Ellington stays and they don't get to the final 4, then he would have motivation to come back ala JJ and Williams.

No way he goes pro early. In case people don't already know the NBA is not enamoured with his game. Borderline late first round pick at best. Could easily slide to second round.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    No way he goes pro early. In case people don't already know the NBA is not enamoured with his game. Borderline late first round pick at best. Could easily slide to second round.
    First round still would make him a millionaire and its not like a) his stock is going to improve much by sticking around for one more year or b) that he can't come back and get his degree later. I think that it will depend on how good UNC would be for his senior campaign. After 2 years of being a top 5 team, I think that it would be tough to come back for you senior year only to just make the ncaa tourney. Especially if you are going to get pounded night in and night out.