Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCSU vs. UNC

NCSU vs. UNC

carolina vs State. From 9 - 9 to 43 - 11 with a couple minutes left in the first half. Ugh!

First half ends 43 - 13 carolina up.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

State is really good!

The pack is down by 30 at half. 43 - 13!

That sounds pretty repetitive since it got moved. So, I'll edit.

Mmm, what to say?
    Last edited by pamtar; 01-12-2008 at 01:00 PM.

State is getting worked.

Even UNC-Asheville put up a bigger fight than the Wolfpack right now. Even Jay Bilas said it was the worst half of basketball he's seen all year.

Bilas: "I have not seen a performance as embarrassing as that one all year long."

I would second that, except I would say that was one of the most embarrassing halves ever.

That's a poor excuse of a basketball team.

Mybe they can break 30 if the ch walkons get in.

humiliating. carolina fans stood and cheered when state finally made a basket near the end of the first half. score had been tied at 9. unc went on a 34-5 run. ouch.

NCSU. Not so good.

I know UNC has a very good team, but NCSU is just embarrassing themselves in the first half of this game. It's brutal. On top of that, Lawson may be playing at less than 100% because of a turned ankle. I wonder if Lowe can at least get them to make a half of it, since I am doubting NCSU has a 30 point rally in them.

State is really good...for UNC to poop on

jebus.

I swear I posted my thread before seeing this one.

Mods, feel free to incorporate it here.

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post

We all did it, there wasn't thread about the game until now.

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post

To be fair, Ozzie got his in first.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Say what you will about ACC conference pride, but I find it pretty sad that the only two sure bets for the NCAA tournament are Duke and UNC.

Scoring Droughts

Some Duke fans complain about the team's scoring droughts- well you have not seen a drought unless you witnessed what happened today by State. What was almost impossible to believe is that in all that action in 12 minutes where state score 1 bucket- State never went to the line- to slow things down and try to regain poise. It was unlike anything I have ever seen. It was an embarrassing performance for them. When the wheels fell off they had no-one to turn to that would get the back on track. But the scary part is that Carolina did have something to do with it. They forced state to play much faster than they are used to and pressure very well. Fortunately Duke will have a few games under their belts before they face them.

I just wanted to point out that my thread wasn't a parody of the State is really good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Some Duke fans complain about the team's scoring droughts- well you have not seen a drought unless you witnessed what happened today by State. What was almost impossible to believe is that in all that action in 12 minutes where state score 1 bucket- State never went to the line- to slow things down and try to regain poise. It was unlike anything I have ever seen. It was an embarrassing performance for them. When the wheels fell off they had no-one to turn to that would get the back on track. But the scary part is that Carolina did have something to do with it. They forced state to play much faster than they are used to and pressure very well. Fortunately Duke will have a few games under their belts before they face them.
    In a way, the point still stands, UNC is NOT the team you want to have a scoring drought against, whether you're Duke, State or anyone else.

I haven't seen State play yet this year(maybe I'll watch the second half but Vandy-Kentucky is on at 1:30 and I am also a Vandy alum for my masters), but I still remember Costner and McCauley schooling us at the end of last year. I know Chapee Heeelll is a different team, but have they regressed from their form at the end of last year?

Wasn't State down by like twenty at the half in the tournament finals? Not to say they are going to win, they did make it close last year.

Ordinarily if UNC is beating a team comfortably, I just find something else to watch. But that half was hypnotic, in a macabre way. I just kept watching to see how bad it could actually get for State.

From the DBR ACC Roundup on this game:

"It should be a great game, and one thing that Sidney Lowe may have learned from Jim Valvano is how to pump emotions, or at least the emotions that surround big games (he may have a way to go in mastering the more mundane emotions)."

Couldn't be more wrong. It is a terrible game and State looks incredibly uninspired and without emotion. Pathetic.