Any place to get Duke apparel in the Atlanta area?

I've just realized that we need new t-shirts for several members of the family before Sunday's Hawks-Bulls game (anybody else going to that, by the by?). I'm concerned that an order from the Duke Store might not get here in time; is there anywhere in or near Atlanta that carries adult and toddler Duke t-shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
    I've just realized that we need new t-shirts for several members of the family before Sunday's Hawks-Bulls game (anybody else going to that, by the by?). I'm concerned that an order from the Duke Store might not get here in time; is there anywhere in or near Atlanta that carries adult and toddler Duke t-shirts?
    this is pretty random and it could just be the store near my house in Huntersville, but TJ Maxx has a ton of Duke stuff for some reason

they have lots of tshirts, sweatshirts and even jersey's at discounts

i picked up a number 4 Team USA Laettner jersey for $20 over the weekend

Duke stuff around here is often hit-or-miss. The Champs Sports at Lenox usually has at least one or two t-shirts and a sweatshirt or two. Sports Authority is often likewise (though perhaps a bit less dependable than Champs). Be prepared to settle for what you can find--the pickins will probably be fairly slim, and the choices rather pedestrian with not much variation. If you're willing to pony up for express shipping, the Duke Stores website is really your best bet. You might also try a distance order with the Duck Shop on Ninth Street. Their shipping terms may be more friendly.

Another, more serious question:

Why are you NOT a member of the Atlanta mafia? Why are we just now hearing from you?

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Another, more serious question:

Why are you NOT a member of the Atlanta mafia? Why are we just now hearing from you?

-EarlJam
    I...don't know. Is the initiation painful?

My husband (UncleBill) and I go to Duke Club events--mostly hoopswatch--from time to time as our toddlers allow.

My husband (UncleBill) and I go to Duke Club events--mostly hoopswatch--from time to time as our toddlers allow.
    Painful, shameful. Everyone always thinks the Atlanta mafia has a "pain first" mentality. Far from the case. The initiation is the exact opposite of what you fear. It is both euphoric and addictive.

With a little brew, some cheese, and some fraggle-whack, you'll be part of the gang in no time.......and you'll never look back (or want to). A brief, topline introduction to some (not all) of the members:

-Earl "White Falcon" Jam - I won't say much about myself. You'll have to see for yourself. Just the way I am.

-"Third Eye Eagle" Wilson - A keen sense of human behavior, can predict the next moves of any human with alarming consistency and accuracy. Just ask Andruw Jones. Also is dead on with his identification of the worthy and good things in life, such as Kentucky women.

-Lava - "Undertaker" be - He knows your pains and can prescribe the perfect brew to deliver a healing solution. He also is extremely intuative (sp), as he is connected with animals such as the Lemur. Think, "Tarzan, with a cool buzz." Don't try to get anything past this guy. If you do, you'll get burned...Lavabe style.

-Shammrog, "Master of Puppets" - EarlJam's right hand man. Sham is intense. Many people may be intense, but Sham is intense and TRUE. He knows the world and he can cut through BS better than any professional BS Cutter in the world (there are 14,567 real ones, 3.5 billion wannabes). The formula is simple: Cross Sham, You die, and you'll deserve it. Sham is my brotha from anotha mutha. When I get assassinated, he'll get all my property and all its worth (valued at $267.45 for those keeping score). When you think Sham, think honest judge ready to lay down the law while driving down I-75 doing 150 mph listening to Metallica.

That's a glimpse at the Atlanta mafia. Join us. Don't miss out. It has its benefits. We are a brotherhood...a family. Mess with one of us, you've messed with all of us.

For more information, PM me or meet me under the 14th Street Bridge at the Connector at 4:30 a.m. any Tuesday or Thursday.

-EarlJam

You're asking an anthropologist if an initiation is painful?

I know all sorts of initiation techniques. My favorite is drinking a Sweetwater Georgia Brown Ale.

My wife and I long ago gave up on going to DukeClub events. Duke would always lose.

Cheers (and welcome to Indoor66's favorite mafia),
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 01-08-2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You're asking an anthropologist if an initiation is painful?
    Aw, hell, I'm a geologist (OK, I just play one on the internet), I'll bring my rock hammer (I do have one of those for real)!

Y'all sound like an...interesting bunch. I do like the bit about the cheese. Do you have any kid-friendly get-togethers? Not that we can't get out without our little maniacs, it's just cheaper to bring them.

There is a store in perimeter mall called the sports fan-attic that sells a lot of college gear - you can generally find some t shirts relevant to Duke there.

Geological faults with the Atlanta mafia

Aw, hell, I'm a geologist (OK, I just play one on the internet), I'll bring my rock hammer (I do have one of those for real)!

Y'all sound like an...interesting bunch. I do like the bit about the cheese. Do you have any kid-friendly get-togethers? Not that we can't get out without our little maniacs, it's just cheaper to bring them.
    Although I specialize on living primates, I also teach courses on primate and human evolution. I'll bring my Marshalltown trowel. This could be a good new mafia member, folks!

I have now 12 hours left on my paper deadline, so I have to concentrate on that. I'm getting over a flu, so not this week. I'll post more after I recover from my paper.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    There is a store in perimeter mall called the sports fan-attic that sells a lot of college gear - you can generally find some t shirts relevant to Duke there.
    This is the same Sports Fan-Attic that you will find in Southpoint in Durham, also. I highly recommend them for anything sports...they have everything, and they will definitely have Duke stuff there.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    This is the same Sports Fan-Attic that you will find in Southpoint in Durham, also. I highly recommend them for anything sports...they have everything, and they will definitely have Duke stuff there.
    Thanks, guys, I'll check them out.

That is a great store in Perimeter. I was over there this past weekend and saw that they had a huge collection of the Nike College Polos that nearly every football staff had this year. They had a few Duke ones that I remember.

while we are on the topic of perimeter mall . . .

i was there the other day and noticed a new frozen yogurt place in the foodcourt called Yoforia - it is next to chic-fil-A. It was really really good - unlike any softserve I have had before. They had three flavors - green tea, original, and pomegranite - and topped it with fresh fruit. It tasted more like actual dannon yogurt in softserve form than, for example, TCBY softserve.

i was there the other day and noticed a new frozen yogurt place in the foodcourt called Yoforia - it is next to chic-fil-A. It was really really good - unlike any softserve I have had before. They had three flavors - green tea, original, and pomegranite - and topped it with fresh fruit. It tasted more like actual dannon yogurt in softserve form than, for example, TCBY softserve.
    I haven't had anything in the food court...although many of the places do look good, but I really like that mall. It's probably 30 minutes farther away from me than the mall of Georgia, but I'm definitely willing to drive longer to get to Perimeter. Good blend of nicer stores while also having the regular department stores. Also, it's tough beat the assortment of restaurants they have in that area around the mall.

For those of you not from or in Atlanta: Want to simulate the feeling of navigating through the Perimeter Mall Food Court on a Saturday afternoon?

Okay.

If we can get Greg Paulus to wear a forehead cam during the second half of a frenzied and very close game between Duke and UNC at Cameron Indoor Stadium, with the Crazies in full force, as UNC begins to apply full-court pressure, then that should just about do the trick.

-EarlJam