Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ohio State-Louisiana State

Quick strike by those "slow northern" kids! 7-0 13.30 1Q.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

So much for OSU not being slow northern kids. LSU made them look silly on that drive.

10 all now. Go Tigers.

Go !SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    10 all now. Go Tigers.
    That's Geaux Tigers!

The Buckeyes really have this routine down, don't they. Come out like gangbusters and then crap the crib.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    The Buckeyes really have this routine down, don't they. Come out like gangbusters and then crap the crib.
    Yes, I had almost talked myself into an Ohio State win given the motivation factor and shame of being smacked down so badly last year. Should have known that Big 10 sluggishness would catch up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    then crap the crib.
    BTW, you have a gift with language. You should do something with that for a living.

Spelling

How do you spell fabulous? DOUCET!!!!

OSU gets on interception, but they are still down by 21 with 4 left in the 4th quarter. If they get a touchdown here, we may still have a game.

From all the bowls I've watched, I think there's some truth to the Big 10 sloth theory.

Wow, I can't believe this LSU team is going to win the NC. Worst champ since the Colorado/Tech split in 90? Oh well. They all count the same, so congrats to Baton Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    From all the bowls I've watched, I think there's some truth to the Big 10 sloth theory.

Wow, I can't believe this LSU team is going to win the NC. Worst champ since the Colorado/Tech split in 90? Oh well. They all count the same, so congrats to Baton Rouge.
    Whatever. It's only football.

Coach Cutcliffe is going to change that attitude around, Mr. Beem!

It's over. OSU sucks. Yay.

Did this game tell us more about Tressel's coaching or the ability of Big-10 schools to compete nationally against SEC schools? Actually, Michigan handled Florida, so maybe it's just about OSU's competitiveness.

What's that?

Did this game tell us more about Tressel's coaching or the ability of Big-10 schools to compete nationally against SEC schools? Actually, Michigan handled Florida, so maybe it's just about OSU's competitiveness.
    Maybe it's about LSU being the better team tonight.

Laissz le bons temps rouler!

I think Tressel just didn't have the horses and I definitely still think he's a better coach than Miles. I think the UM-Fla should be regarded as an exception, with an extremely motivated and veteran Michigan team winning the last game for their coach against a young Fla team .

A few dissenting points from a longtime Tiger fan:

(1) Some commentators have called this the fastest team ever to play college football.

(2) They were a dominant team early in the season, until the point when Glen Dorsey got injured. He hasn't been 100 percent since, until this game. He wreaks a lot of havoc on the line.

(3) I don't know if this is the strongest the SEC has ever been, but it is widely agreed that the league has its best ever collection of coaches right now. Arguably, it is the strongest top-to-bottom in league history. LSU lost two games in the league in triple overtime.

I'd put them up against any BCS champion, possibly excepting USC in 2004. I would like to have seen them have to go through Georgia in the SEC title game and USC in the BCS championship.

I'm pretty sure its true. And if other teams don't start to change that, Michigan is going to start taking over (I don't like Rich Rod at all, but I'm pretty sure he appreciates speed), along with teams like Illinois who seem to be starting to move in a speed kind of offense.

I just get tired of the optimism from Big Ten fans every bowl season. There's no way an Ohio State competes with an LSU team of this caliber. Shocked to see Lee Corso and others actually pick OSU to win. The SEC is clearly dominant.