Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lindsey Harding

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    He was exonerated of any wrongdoing whatsoever and was never found to have smoked pot.

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/m...-1463756.shtml
    Article is by Mike Corey, incidentally...
    I knew nothing was ever confirmed (I'm sure he would've missed some gametime), but the reference was too much to pass up. Thats why I added the bit at the end of the post, didn't want anyone to think I was trying to sully Redick's good name. I saw "joint" and "hanging in the rafters" and immediately thought of one of my favorite Duke players (at least in the past many years).

Yes, she did meet the requirements (graduating and earning NPOY honors). However, my beef is that she didn't have a dominant career - start to finish. Basically, Harding only had two great yrs at Duke.
    Monique Currie came on the scene and dominated during her career - start to finish. Also, she earned ACC Tournament MVP (during her freshman yr), ACC POY, and 2 time Kodak AA. Also, she set school records for most points in a game, tied the record for most assists in a game, and posted the second triple-double in school history. In addition, she is the only player in ACC history to post 2,000 points, 800 rebounds, 400 assists, and 200 steals in a career. No team rule violations or suspensions.
    To me, she should have her jersey retired. Harding only had 2 great years; Currie had 4. The only glaring difference is that Currie never earned NPOY honors...

Quote Originally Posted by bludev03 View Post
    Yes, she did meet the requirements (graduating and earning NPOY honors). However, my beef is that she didn't have a dominant career - start to finish. Basically, Harding only had two great yrs at Duke.
    Monique Currie came on the scene and dominated during her career - start to finish. Also, she earned ACC Tournament MVP (during her freshman yr), ACC POY, and 2 time Kodak AA. Also, she set school records for most points in a game, tied the record for most assists in a game, and posted the second triple-double in school history. In addition, she is the only player in ACC history to post 2,000 points, 800 rebounds, 400 assists, and 200 steals in a career. No team rule violations or suspensions.
    To me, she should have her jersey retired. Harding only had 2 great years; Currie had 4. The only glaring difference is that Currie never earned NPOY honors...
    I would love to see Monique's # in the rafters. I also want to add another #4 up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    I also want to add another #4 up there.
    I'm definitely with you on another #4 hanging up there.

How about another #23?

Quote Originally Posted by willywoody View Post
    not trying to put anyone down but as it was never made public why lindsey was suspended from the team for a year, i kind of have a problem with this. if someone wants to tell me why i shouldn't have reservations i'm listening. she was always one of my favorite players but the suspension is something i've wondered about for years now.

WillyWoody, it really is none of your business why she got suspended. Writing a check does not make you privy to that information. You support Duke's athletic program because you believe they'll represent the university in the right way. If the university is at fault, then that's one thing. But you aren't guaranteed insight into the lives of every Duke athlete. Not by a long shot. If you've lost faith in the athletic department then stop donating money and go on with the rest of your life. All you should care about is that whatever she did wrong, she carried out her punishment to the satisfaction of the university, the athletic department, her coach and her teammates. That's accountability; not answering to Duke's boosters. And this is coming from someone who will become an Iron Duke in the very near future.