Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

    Will Bynum in trouble

    Former Georgia Tech player and Duke nemesis.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3182673

  2. #2
    This is sad news. I don't think that Bynum is inherently "bad." I suspect that he, like so many others, was unable to escape the cultural circumstances of his early life. Duke makes a difference. Compare Bynum etc. to Sean Dockery. This is why inner city players (Carrawell, Dockery), of less than propitious circumstances, are among my favorite ^$%^$%^$%^$%ies. Duke is always more than basketball. And this why we (i.e., Coach K and staff) should always consider the circumstances and attempt to recruit some of these players. Potentially they can do so much for our program while also confirming that a Duke experience can also benefit those who were not advantaged by birth.

  3. #3
    So he ran over someone who was smashing his car windows? Geez I would have too, he probably feared for his life. Guess that's just my cultural upbringing.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDevil View Post
    This is sad news. I don't think that Bynum is inherently "bad." I suspect that he, like so many others, was unable to escape the cultural circumstances of his early life. Duke makes a difference. Compare Bynum etc. to Sean Dockery. This is why inner city players (Carrawell, Dockery), of less than propitious circumstances, are among my favorite ^$%^$%^$%^$%ies. Duke is always more than basketball. And this why we (i.e., Coach K and staff) should always consider the circumstances and attempt to recruit some of these players. Potentially they can do so much for our program while also confirming that a Duke experience can also benefit those who were not advantaged by birth.
    By "advantaged by birth," do you mean physically, mentally, or financially?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ← Bay / Valley ↓
    Quote Originally Posted by hondoheel View Post
    So he ran over someone who was smashing his car windows? Geez I would have too, he probably feared for his life. Guess that's just my cultural upbringing.
    That's what I was thinking. From the description given, I don't see anything wrong with what he did, and I would have run that guy over with my car as well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In your attic
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDevil View Post
    This is why inner city players (Carrawell, Dockery), of less than propitious circumstances, are among my favorite ^$%^$%^$%^$%ies.
    Dockery's dad was actually his head coach in high school so he didn't really come from a bad background. Will the Thrill was however from the other side of the tracks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO

    Innocent until Proven Guilty

    Can't see Will Bynum did anything wrong. He was "accosted" in a club by people who later "smashed his car windows." Sounds like he was trying to get away from a bad scene.

    sagegrouse

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gotham devil View Post
    By "advantaged by birth," do you mean physically, mentally, or financially?
    I don't know for sure what he meant, but I can surmise. Those children who are born into two parent families, where both parents have at least finished high school if not college, where both parents are employed (or one is employed and makes enough money for the family to live on), where neither parent has any history of drug/alchohol/legal trouble, where there is adequate housing and stability of place/employment/family, have an advantage from birth over those chldren who are born to families where the above is not true.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    And topping today's "Not so Surprising" news....

    1. The sun came up this morning, right on time, making it's 578,457,982th consecutive on-time appearance since man began recording the event.

    2. Lots of people across the world died yesterday. No matter how many times we hear it, that news is something we can never seem to get used to.

    And finally, former Atlanta Hawks player Isaiah Rider was arrested again, this time in the great state of California:

    http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ider_0107.html

    -EarlJam

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

    And finally, former Atlanta Hawks player Isaiah Rider was arrested again, this time in the great state of California:

    http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ider_0107.html

    -EarlJam
    Awwwww come on! Why does he have to be a former Hawks player? What about Isaiah Rider, former Laker? Or even better, former Trailblazer?

    I mean really...how many former Trailblazers have been in trouble with the law in the last 10 years?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh

    trouble

    Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Awwwww come on! Why does he have to be a former Hawks player? What about Isaiah Rider, former Laker? Or even better, former Trailblazer?

    I mean really...how many former Trailblazers have been in trouble with the law in the last 10 years?
    My parents lived in Oregon for about 12 years and my brother still lives out there. I believe the proper name for the NBA team in Portland is the JAILblazers

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Galveston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Awwwww come on! Why does he have to be a former Hawks player? What about Isaiah Rider, former Laker? Or even better, former Trailblazer?

    I mean really...how many former Trailblazers have been in trouble with the law in the last 10 years?
    Or, how about former UNLV Runnin' Rebel? Isn't Rider from the Tarkanian era?

  13. #13
    First time I've thought about Rider in years. The man could dunk though.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils8780 View Post
    First time I've thought about Rider in years. The man could dunk though.
    And can steal with the best of 'em.

    -EarlJam

Similar Threads

  1. USC in trouble
    By Channing in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 12:12 PM
  2. Trouble at Kansas???
    By CMS2478 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 04:23 PM
  3. Trouble in Chapel Hill?
    By VaDukie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 03:58 PM
  4. 'Cuse in trouble
    By dukemsu in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
  5. For Those who have trouble registering
    By Julio in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 01:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •