Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Carolina Gets Recruit(s)

Carolina just got a commitment from John Henson, a five star recruit out of Texas in the class of '09. He's 6-10/200lbs. Hope we can return the favor here soon with Boyton or Echenique. Anybody heard if we are recruiting John Wall out of Raleigh? I know we are interested in Painter and McDonald.

skinny kid. length helps though

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    Carolina just got a commitment from John Henson, a five star recruit out of Texas in the class of '09. He's 6-10/200lbs. Hope we can return the favor here soon with Boyton or Echenique. Anybody heard if we are recruiting John Wall out of Raleigh? I know we are interested in Painter and McDonald.
    We are looking at Wall, Dawkins watched all of his games at Glaxo Tournament....but if I had to guess I would say we are a long shot for him and not real sure we would want him anyway (his atttitude kind of stinks).

hate them but have to give them credit

Carolina getting it done again. You have to give them credit; they are identifying, evaluating and offering post players much more efficiently than we are.

Kentucky

Has really put a hard press out on Wall with him attending alot of Kentucky games. Will still be tough to get out of ACC country but Billy G. knows his recruiting.

Please tell me what’s missing???

Let me get this straight, Carolina has signed another big man. We will only have one true big man (Zubek) this year and next year. UNC will potentially have 5 true post players on next year squad and baring no other signees they will still have 5 true post players for the 2009-2010 season. What’s the matter with this picture here, can somebody tell me why can’t we sign quality post players ?? Please tell me what’s missing???

In all Honesty....

Quote Originally Posted by jawk24 View Post
    Let me get this straight, Carolina has signed another big man. We will only have one true big man (Zubek) this year and next year. UNC will potentially have 5 true post players on next year squad and baring no other signees they will still have 5 true post players for the 2009-2010 season. What’s the matter with this picture here, can somebody tell me why can’t we sign quality post players ?? Please tell me what’s missing???

Probably because we have the reputation of just launching 3's and not utilizing the big men. Whether that is an accurate statement or not I won't judge, but that seems to be the common belief.

I'm cornfused

So... Kerlonna just got one in the truck. Or... did one just fall off from the turnip truck?

New rule.

They can't be more than 8" taller than their position coach.

Wear twins commit to UNC

http://ucla.scout.com/2/717083.html

I'm in shock. What a great couple of days it has been.

At least UNC should not be in competition for any more post players from the next two classes. Unbelievable how they've raked them in.

I'm starting to break out in a rash.

We'll See

We'll see how this all shakes out, but I am not buying. I know that Ol Roy loves mobile big men, but this is rediculous.

By the time that the 09 Class arrives on campus, Hans will definitely be gone, thank God. Still, that team will feature Thompson, Stephenson (unless one or both is good enough to go pro early, and I haven't seen any indication of that, or the capability), Zeller and Davis. The last two are part of the 08 class. Neither Zeller, nor Davis, project as early entry candidates. Davis might, but that is a real longshot, and certainly not after 1 year.

So, the 09-10 Tar Heels have Seniors in Stephenson and Thompson, and Sophs in Zeller and Davis. Now we are supposed to believe that that the Wear twins and Henson are comming? Not so much. Henson and the Wear twins each (all three), are mobile bigs who play an inside outside game. Which means that they are carbon copies of Zeller and Davis. Since the commits of the 09ers mean nothing, I am not buying it. That is too many horses and not enough PT.

This seems bad, and if it holds up, it would be disasterous for Duke, no matter what anyone else says. But I don't think this holds up. I don't know who leaves, or doesn't come, but this roster won't hold up. No way.

For fear of yet another, marginally warranted ban, I will leave alone our recruiting prospects for the post. That horse isn't getting any deader.

Patrick Yates

There are rumors that Stepheson might transfer, but who knows? Henson might be accepting the fact that he will need an extra year to develop physically?

Yech. I prefer your "not buying it" theory.

Question

Who is Duke after in this class? Which bigs?

The guards are Boynton and possibly Wall or McDonald? Or because of E. Williams did we back off of McDonald?

Anyway, What about the bigs? Are we in good shape with them?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlood View Post
    Who is Duke after in this class? Which bigs?

The guards are Boynton and possibly Wall or McDonald? Or because of E. Williams did we back off of McDonald?

Anyway, What about the bigs? Are we in good shape with them?
    Greg Echenique and Erik Murphy are the two bigs.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by jawk24 View Post
    In 1988, Duke beat Carolina three times despite not having a true low post player and with Carolina starting both J.R. Reid and Scott Williams and bringing Pete Chilcutt off the bench.

It's not how big you are that counts, it's how you use what you've got.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Gotham, why do you write off DeShawn Painter and Reeves Nelson? Scout lists them both as having offers from Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by hondoheel View Post
    Gotham, why do you write off DeShawn Painter and Reeves Nelson? Scout lists them both as having offers from Duke.
    Duke has offered neither Painter nor Nelson.
    Bob Green

Roy must be trying to staff a 6'8" and up league. Wear twins just committed.