New Special Teams Coach?

Looks like Alabama's Ron Middleton could be our next special teams coordinator. He currently coaches special teams and tight ends there.

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/...8&p=2&c=716215

http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle...&ATCLID=788872

Amazing

We are getting coaches from:

1. Tennessee
    2. Tennessee
    3. Tennessee
    4. New York Jets
    5. Alabama/Tampa Bay Bucs.

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by 365Duke View Post

1. Tennessee
    2. Tennessee
    3. Tennessee
    4. New York Jets

WOW!
    My thought exactly. This should be a heck of a staff!

Middleton is a great get

The guy leaves the staff of a mythical national championship coach, at a school that has legitimate mnc aspirations, because he thinks Coach Cutcliffe and Duke represent a better situation. Probably says more about Saban than anything else, but it still says a lot about CDC and Duke.

What Difference does it make ?

1. Tennessee
    2. Tennessee
    3. Tennessee
    4. New York Jets

WOW!
    Roof came from Georgia Tech and Franks from Florida...do not remember where their assistants were from. The big issue is can they coach ? I don't care if Cutliffe's staff comes from Wellsley or Vasser, as long as they can coach it is fine with me.

Looks like he is reassembling his Ole Miss staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    "Durham -- the Oxford of the East"

If he can replicate the success he had at Ole Miss, I think any rational Duke fan will be downright giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    You do what you know. Coach Cut knows how to win.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Congrats to Scottie

he apparently is the only hold-over.

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/18-912268.cfm

The source also said that wide receivers coach Scottie Montgomery is the only assistant from former coach Ted Roof's staff expected to be retained. Former Roof assistants Scott Brown and Larry Kerr already have accepted positions at Colorado State.
    You have to think that SM is excited about the fresh start, and the learning opp. he is going to have. Who knows, this may be the best news he could ever get for his future coaching career. He has to be thrilled, good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Roof came from Georgia Tech and Franks from Florida...do not remember where their assistants were from. The big issue is can they coach ? I don't care if Cutliffe's staff comes from Wellsley or Vasser, as long as they can coach it is fine with me.
    Isn't the real question for the special team coordinator: Can he teach field goal kickers?

he apparently is the only hold-over.

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/18-912268.cfm

You have to think that SM is excited about the fresh start, and the learning opp. he is going to have. Who knows, this may be the best news he could ever get for his future coaching career. He has to be thrilled, good for him.
    I had a feeling Scottie would stay. Out wr's were quite good

Scottie Montgomery is a top-flight recruiter and an extremely popular (and talented) coach.

The rest of Cutcliffe's staff is quite good. Bringing in a guy that Bill Parcells once hand-picked is nothing short of an extraordinary addition to the staff.

Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Isn't the real question for the special team coordinator: Can he teach field goal kickers?
    Son, You Are Preaching To The Choir Here...Right On Target !!!

Getting Excited about football in January

This is strange indeed... I love the look of this staff and have to say I am about as excited to see the team next year as I have been since I was 11 and my cousin Bud Zuberer was playing for the old ball coach in Wallace Wade.

New sport offered at Duke... I think its called Foosball

Of course I kid.
    Im excited by the recent changes and hopeful that we will no longer be the doormat of the ACC and the punchline to football related jokes.

On one of the links posted on the main page about new football staff Coach Cut is bringing with him... It had alot of comments from SEC'ers going back and forth about whatever program they support and Old Miss.

They seemed to be of the opinion that Cutcliffe was all hype and couldnt recruit. Some were glad hes gone from UT.

I dont know know if this is sour grapes or just a different brand of smack talk than Im used to.. but I though it odd.

Time will tell the tale.
    I think Cut will get a few more wins than we are used to having. Will he get us to upper echelon of the ACC who knows. I hope so! Im looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out. The bottom line is he has to squeek out a few wins and create some momentum. Then the fan/student support will follow.

Lets assume that Cut makes us not great but mediocre... its still better than awful. And I believe his hiring is a step in the right direction.

Good Luck Cut!

Best wishes for Ted in Louisville

Well I would think

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post

While at Ole Miss, Middleton helped guide the Rebels to four bowl games and also tutored 2003 Lou Groza Award winner place kicker Jonathan Nichols, who set 15 school records and earned All-SEC recognition.
    Led by Middleton, Rebels junior punter Cody Ridgeway (son of former UA kicker Danny Ridgeway) also received second team All-SEC honors in 2003. In addition, Ole Miss led the SEC in kickoff returns, averaging 23.7 yards per return; field goals (25-29 for .862 percentage); and PAT kicking (49-49 for 1.000 percentage) in 2003. The Rebels also ranked third in the SEC in punting (42.9 avg.) and tied for first in net punting (39.0 avg.).

And if he can't...

You tell him, cause I aint

And if he can't...

You tell him, cause I aint
    Music to my ears!!!