Biggest overall thing taken from watching ACC Tourney

Brandon Costner is going to be a force in the ACC next year. This kid is only a freshman and he was the biggest offensive force in the tournamnent. State may be losing Atsur, but they have a guy they can build their offense around next year.

Parity rules in the ACC.

Agreed. The ACC will be ubertough for the foreseeable future. Uva and VaTech will fade a bit, but Ga Tech and NC State will be there to take their place. I have to imagine that Wake will steadily improve, too. Not sure about BC.
    No easy conference games for many years to come. Would we want it any way else?

Biggest overall thing taken from watching ACC Tourney

Depth is over rated. So I hope it doesn't raise its ugly head again when talking about our team.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

they will meet again

Seeing Lawson's dunk with 1 second left I remind myself that they will see each other next year.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Depth is over rated. So I hope it doesn't raise its ugly head again when talking about our team.
    The deepest team in the league won the tourney.

The deepest team in the SEC won.

The deepest team in the BIG 10 won...

Lawson's display of poor sportsmanship

Oh that made me so mad, I threw my (empty) water bottle at the TV! It had to be the least 'basketball-aware' (and IMHO, sleazy) play I've seen this year.

My non-sporting husband just couldn't understand it... then again, bless his heart, he's only just now figuring out that there's a difference between the tournament this weekend and the one next weekend.

State will be tough next year

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Brandon Costner is going to be a force in the ACC next year. This kid is only a freshman and he was the biggest offensive force in the tournamnent. State may be losing Atsur, but they have a guy they can build their offense around next year.
    State will be tough next year. I agree that Costner will be a monster that Lowe can build a contender around. Losing Atsur to graduation is a big blow, but the rest of the rotation is returning and Lowe has six incoming players. Two are transfers and four are Freshmen. Of the six newbies, three are guards. One true point guard and two combo guards.

There is an article, by Thad Mumau, in the recruiting section.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

tough to have this conversation without mentioning the nba. how long will costner stay? how long will crittendon and young stay?

Quote Originally Posted by coblue View Post

That wasn't depth, that was talent. If you have a handful of future NBA players on your team, it really doesn't matter how many people you play.

Besides, the deepest team in the ACC lost in the opening round.

"State will be tough next year. I agree that Costner will be a monster that Lowe can build a contender around. Losing Atsur to graduation is a big blow, but the rest of the rotation is returning and Lowe has six incoming players. Two are transfers and four are Freshmen. Of the six newbies, three are guards. One true point guard and two combo guards."

Agreed, Bob. I came away from this tournament extremely impressed with the grit and toughness Sidney Lowe has instilled in this team, and not just because they beat Duke. To beat us, UVA, VTech, and then give UNC a game on 4 consecutive days has to have Pack fans excited about the direction of their program. Lowe looks like a real winner and being an NBA assistant coach for so many years can only help as he develops his recruiting pitch. As a Duke fan, I look for State to become increasingly strong over the next few years. Job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    Agreed, Bob. I came away from this tournament extremely impressed with the grit and toughness Sidney Lowe has instilled in this team, and not just because they beat Duke. To beat us, UVA, VTech, and then give UNC a game on 4 consecutive days has to have Pack fans excited about the direction of their program. Lowe looks like a real winner and being an NBA assistant coach for so many years can only help as he develops his recruiting pitch. As a Duke fan, I look for State to become increasingly strong over the next few years. Job well done.
    Message from: ClassOf96, Re: ACC Tournament Weekend!

I came away from this tournament extremely impressed with the grit and toughness Herb Sendek has instilled in this team, and not just because they beat Duke. To beat us, Georgia Tech, Maryland, and then give UNC a game on 4 consecutive days has to have Pack fans excited about the direction of their program. Sendek looks like a real winner and being an assisstant to NBA coach Rick Pitino at Providence and Kentucky for so many years can only help as he develops his recruiting pitch. As a Duke fan, I look for State to become increasingly strong over the next few years. Job well done.

Chris M

Quote Originally Posted by chrisM View Post
    Message from: ClassOf96, Re: ACC Tournament Weekend!

I came away from this tournament extremely impressed with the grit and toughness Herb Sendek has instilled in this team, and not just because they beat Duke. To beat us, Georgia Tech, Maryland, and then give UNC a game on 4 consecutive days has to have Pack fans excited about the direction of their program. Sendek looks like a real winner and being an assisstant to NBA coach Rick Pitino at Providence and Kentucky for so many years can only help as he develops his recruiting pitch. As a Duke fan, I look for State to become increasingly strong over the next few years. Job well done.

Chris M
    LOL I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    LOL I was thinking the same thing.

The over/under on how long until Jason Evans calls for firing Sidney Lowe?

Quote Originally Posted by coblue View Post

The team with the best 5 starters won the ACC tourney.

The team with the best 5 starters won the SEC tourney.

The team with the best 5 starters won the Big10 tourney.

3 ... of something...

My biggest takeaway was...

Well, it was more than one thing...
    1. Our offense is sometimes painful to watch compared to other teams. We hesitate or seem role confined on offense.
    2. Sidney Lowe is a good coach. It'll be interesting to see how he manages more "talent" next year.