The hot rumor is that the following folks are the All-stars who will be competing against Survivor fans in the new edition of the show debuting in a few weeks:

• From China: James the gravedigger and Amanda
  • From Fiji: Yao Man
  • From Cook Islands: Jonathan (the Jewish guy who switched sides a couple times but who was a good strategic player), Ozzie (the challenge stud who made the final 3), Parvatti (the hottie who flirted a lot and who went really far too)
  • From Panama: Cerie (who made it to the final 4 and then lost when she could not build her fire in time in the tiebreaker)
  • From Vanuatu: Ami and Eliza (I forget who these two were but I feel like Ami was the leader of the powerful female alliance)
  • And from Pearl-Islands: Jon Dalton (you may remember him better as Johnny Fairplay).

That's 10 players. Some really interesting choices have been left out. I would have liked to see Ian from Palau again. I guess they already gave the Palau folks a second chance when Steph and Bobby John got to play in Guatemala. I think Rafe and Danni from Guatemala would have been good players again, but no one from that edition made this game. Bruce from Panama, the guy who had the stomach problems and was too hurt to continue, could have been given a second chance at the game. I think it would have been fun to see Shane from Panama again, if only to see him go cold turkey off smoking again

I am glad Yao Man is back and James too. Both of them were so popular with teh fans they had to be brought back. I think Mookie and especially Rocky from Fiji might have been other interesting ones to bring back.

Ahh well. It will be interesting to see how this group competes physically with the fans. James and Ozzie are strong and the women are all fairly good but Yao Man and Johnny Fairplay are weak males. Can James make up for them in the early challenges?

Here is more on the cast.

--Jason "it all begins on February 7th" Evans