1984 Pontiac Trans Am For Sale

Not just any 1984 Pontiac Trans Am though.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Do you really want to tell people that you drove the car that the 'Hof drove? Maybe they would be better off selling it in Europe?

KITT is pretty boss and all, but if we're talking Trans Ams, this is the one I want.

Thunder Chicken all the way. And Burt Reynolds can totally beat up the Hoff.

I'll settle for the Dwight Trans Am thank you very much... a bit of frontal damage, but in good condition.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    KITT is pretty boss and all, but if we're talking Trans Ams, this is the one I want.

Thunder Chicken all the way. And Burt Reynolds can totally beat up the Hoff.
    Thunder Chicken all the way? Nah. Give me a 1981 Z-28 with the T-top roof any day. Or a GTO. Either one is good with me.

My preference is for a '67 Firebird Convertible with a 400 like this one I found on the Internet belonging to a gentlemen in Houston.

Mine was a 1970, the second model that year, with the big Chevy V8. Ordered from GM just before leaving Viet Nam, and I had it for almost 13 years. I put over 170,000 miles on it. It was my favorite car ever, or at least tied for favorite. The only things to ever go wrong with it was the timing gear (nylon) at 87,000, and the radiator at 91,000. Sears replaced it with a rebuilt radiator. Nothing else went wrong with it while I owned it. The transmission busted after I gave it to my youngest son. He had it fixed, and then sold it for more than I paid for it new. I'll tell you this about it. It must have been a favorite of the NC and Va highway patrols, because they stopped me several times just to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Mine was a 1970, the second model that year, with the big Chevy V8. Ordered from GM just before leaving Viet Nam, and I had it for almost 13 years. I put over 170,000 miles on it. It was my favorite car ever, or at least tied for favorite. The only things to ever go wrong with it was the timing gear (nylon) at 87,000, and the radiator at 91,000. Sears replaced it with a rebuilt radiator. Nothing else went wrong with it while I owned it. The transmission busted after I gave it to my youngest son. He had it fixed, and then sold it for more than I paid for it new. I'll tell you this about it. It must have been a favorite of the NC and Va highway patrols, because they stopped me several times just to take a look.
    Have any photos?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My preference is for a '67 Firebird Convertible with a 400 like this one I found on the Internet belonging to a gentlemen in Houston.

That's just a beautiful car.

I lusted after the white with blue trim '70 and '71 Firebird Trans Am's in HS. I got a 72 GTO, Lucerne blue with a white vinyl top, blue brocade interior.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Sorry, no pictures. It was 1983 when I gave it up. I have a few packing cartons up in the attic. I may find a picture up there, and I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I got a 72 GTO, Lucerne blue with a white vinyl top, blue brocade interior.
    Bet you wish you still had it, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Thunder Chicken all the way? Nah. Give me a 1981 Z-28 with the T-top roof any day. Or a GTO. Either one is good with me.
    Hah, I googled "'Thunder Chicken' burt reynolds" and this was the fifth link to come up!

I always liked Cannon Ball Run, The End, and Hooper as Burt Reynolds films, but I guess in those, the cars weren't quite as prominent.

Ymo, I totally concur with your choice of vintage autos -- that's one sweet ride!