Thread: Football Staff

Football Staff

Is there any word on Coach CutCliffe hiring a staff? I know he is not due on Campus until 1/2/08, and he is currently fulfilling his duties at Tennessee. However, he did say that part of this time will be spent in hiring a staff.

I saw on this board that 2 Tennessee assistants may come with him. Is anything definite?

Director of Football Operations??

Ole Miss director of football operations Kent McLeod appears poised to take a job at Duke under new coach David Cutcliffe. McLeod said the papers haven't been signed, but he expected to take the job in early January.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...rionledger.com

First dumb question of the day for me (given that it's only 9:15 am on a Saturday):

what exactly does a director of football operations do?

Also, I think the UT assistants that have been named as possibilities came with Coach Cut from Mississippi when Cut came over, and were not Fulmer assistants before that time. So their loyalty may be to Cut and not Fulmer (the extent that loyalty plays into any of this is questionable, but given that Cut got fired from Old Miss for refusing to fire certain assistants when directed to do so probably speaks volumes about the team he wants to -- and can -- assemble).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    First dumb question of the day for me (given that it's only 9:15 am on a Saturday):

what exactly does a director of football operations do?

Also, I think the UT assistants that have been named as possibilities came with Coach Cut from Mississippi when Cut came over, and were not Fulmer assistants before that time. So their loyalty may be to Cut and not Fulmer (the extent that loyalty plays into any of this is questionable, but given that Cut got fired from Old Miss for refusing to fire certain assistants when directed to do so probably speaks volumes about the team he wants to -- and can -- assemble).
    Actually it is an outstanding question. Here, I think, is Wake Forest's

University of Oregon's

University of Delaware

"The responsibilities of running a collegiate football program outside of the on-field coaching aspect become greater each year," said Johnson in announcing the new position. "Jerry has a wealth of talent and knowledge and has done an outstanding job handling the day to day operations of the football program in the past and this position adds greater responsibilities in extremely important areas such as budgets, coordinating events, and recruiting. The formation of this position allows Coach Keeler and his staff to devote more time to day to day coaching and recruiting efforts and will help us continue to be one of the top NCAA I-AA football programs in the country."

^ Muchas gracias!