Who do you guys think will win ACC player of the year?

go and vote when you get a chance. there is also an article about Kyle Singler written by Ben Golliver of Portland. Ben's got press credentials for the Blazers and knows his stuff.

http://accballers.blogspot.com/ - go vote

thanks.

who will win ACC player of the year? or ACC freshman of the year. for player of the year, i hate to say it, but to be realistic i'm sure it'll be hansbrough. as for freshman of the year, i'm sure it'll be our own kyle singler.

idk

1. Tyler Hansborough

2. Jack McClinton

3. Tyreese Rice

4. Gerald Henderson

5. Ty Lawson

There is no reason to think Tyler Hansbrough will not winn ACC Player of the Year. IMO, if Carolina keeps playing the way they are and Hansbrough keeps his numbers up, there is no reason he shouldn't win National Player of the Year.

Before I get blasted, keep in mind I am hating myself for writing this but some times the truth hurts.

As for ACC freshman, Singler should run away with the award. I dont know if there is a National Freshman of the year, but if there is Singler would finish in the top 5. Likely winners would be Kevin Love or Derrick Rose.

Only One Way

There is only one way Hansblahblah does not win ACC and most likely national player of the year and that is if he gets injured. Hey I'm not saying I want the guy to blow out an MCL or anything, I'm just saying. I would love to see him getting splinters in his glutimus maximus from sitting on the bench. If that makes me bad then I'm bad. On second thought if he's on the bench and not injured it's either a UNC blow out or foul trouble. Come on foul trouble!

Singler is the ACC Freshman of the year hands down. In fact IMO he's so far ahead of any other ACC freshman they need to rename the award the Mack Daddy Singler award. Yes there is a national award for freshman of the year, but his competition for that one is a lot stiffer. Anyone but Mayo or Patterson and I'll be okay.

JJ...

Singler is a terrific freshman but I wouldn't predict that he will be ACC FOY hands down. Hickson (NCS), Johnson (Wake), Allen (VT), Sanders (BC) and Oglesby (Clem) are having very good starts for freshmen. At this point, Hickson would lead IMO.

gw67

Player of the Year will be Hansbrough.

Freshman of the Year will be JJ Hickson.

Singletary and Singler.

Foy

Freshman of the year has been an award that has bypassed many great Duke players over the years. So it wouldn't shock me to see Singler not get the award. For a while they could have named the award the GT freshman of your choice award as they had a strangle hold on it. Thankfully for Duke we've had freshmen who 1. Improved over their careers 2. Actually stayed for more than a year or two and 3. Played on teams where they didn't have to be the go to guy.

Hanyaya

Damn, I hope that T. Hansblah doesn't win it, but...that doesn't seem likely. I'd LOVE to see a more deserving player - such as Sing at UVA capture this crown, but all signs point to T.H.

As to FOY, there are lots of deserving candidates -- although I think in the long run the only threat to King T or K. Sing might be JJ HIckson.

GO DUKE>

Singletary's flirtation withe the NBA and return to 'hooland might sway the voters. T-Bangs may feel he's more worthy of "higher" honors. Although, I can't put my finger on which ones.

I don't see how Hansbrough doesn't win ACC POY. And I think Singler is on track to win it as well; especially if Duke finishes in one of the ACC's top 2 spots, which I fully expect. Hickson's caused more dissonance for NC State than anything else thus far. That being said, we haven't even started ACC play yet, so time will tell as it always does...

I like Coldplay to win both awards. Probably in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    I dont know if there is a National Freshman of the year, but if there is Singler would finish in the top 5. Likely winners would be Kevin Love or Derrick Rose.
    I don't know if there is such an award, either, but if there is, how could anybody leave Michael Beasley out of the discussion?

Unless Singletary replicates his shot against us 10 times this season and averages 20 points and 10 assists, it's TH in a landslide. It would be UNC's first since 1998 with Jamison.

(Much like the 1924 title, I refuse out of principle to recognize Forte's 'tie' with Battier in 2001 when Battier was consensus NPOY.)

By the end of the season, I expect it to be between Singler and Hickson for ACC FOY. Nationally, however, there are several freshmen who have gotten off to better starts than Singler, including Beasley, Gordon, Mayo, Love, Bayless, Rose, Greene, Calathes, Flynn, Hickson and Mills. Many of these players are the go-to players on their teams so I expect them to maintain their statistical advantage throughout the season.

gw67