Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Duke MBB vs. Pitt Post-Game Thread

goodness couldn't shoot to save our lives

Quote Originally Posted by tombrady View Post
    scheyer threw that up way too early.
    You think?

Boy, Jay called that one right. No poise on that play from Jon. Not that anyone is at fault for the loss. That was a team effort either way (had they won or lost).

Well, that was a bummer.

ugh.

that's all I can think. ugh.

our lack of interior depth really showed tonight.

Usually with better shooting we can overcome it, yet Scheyer was laying bricks tonight.

Eitherway, good learning game for Duke. In the long run I'm not too sure I'm happy about this game though. Good experience, yet shows that we really are lacking interior defense and scoring. Hmmm

That was by far Scheyer's worst game of this career so far. Henderson was great. Rebounding and foul shooting cost us the game.

In order to run, you must rebound on occasion. We found the wart - can we do anything about it.

The more deserving team won. I hope Cook is OK for Pitt, but it sure doesn't look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post
    That was by far Scheyer's worst game of this career so far. Henderson was great. Rebounding and foul shooting cost us the game.
    Henderson made many poor decisions during the game. He forced too many shots. He scored at the end but he hurt us at a lot of other times, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, because I really like David McClure, but does Fields get that shot off against Henderson?

does anyone here have ft stats?

Foul shooting was horrible again. Anyone else notice GH tries to make too many "hero" plays? It's hard to knock him when he does so much to help us down the stretch, but I think he tries too hard sometimes.

Heath

Quote Originally Posted by heath_harshman4 View Post
    What do we have to do?

I call Duke by 10 hitting some key FT late. Good game to help the March Resume'.
    Duke by 10. Key FT late. I don't know which of these seems funnier now.

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    does anyone here have ft stats?
    11-22 late, not sure what it ended up

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumDuke View Post
    Don't get me wrong, because I really like David McClure, but does Fields get that shot off against Henderson?
    maybe not even against Smith. That switch was key to the strategy for Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    The more deserving team won. I hope Cook is OK for Pitt, but it sure doesn't look like it.
    I had a feeling his extra long shorts were hiding a really ugly knee contortion. I was glad for that at least.

the question is can we rebound against good rebounding teams? i really don't know...obviously we don't want to see blair, but how many teams have a blair? speaking as a relatively thin tall guy myself, i hate playing against those football type players down low, but playing against height isn't as bothersome

Quote Originally Posted by dukeisawesome View Post
    the question is can we rebound against good rebounding teams? i really don't know...obviously we don't want to see blair, but how many teams have a blair? speaking as a relatively thin tall guy myself, i hate playing against those football type players down low, but playing against height isn't as bothersome
    We don't ... we outshoot them, that's the only answer. And we weren't able to answer tonight. 38% shooting

note to the team stylist: the clear problem in this game was blair's haircut. those little winglets obviously made him that much harder to guard.

Anyone who couldn't see this coming at the half wasn't paying attention. I called the L at the half in chat and caught grief for it. Duke wins in a lot of diffenent ways, but their losses over the years all look remarkably similar, and that one looked like an L from aways down the road. We can certainly beat anyone in the country if we shoot well, but good big men are going to have their way with us. Hansblaekrldcds is going to go 30 and 20 against us....