Page 788 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 28868873877878678778878979079883888812881788 ... LastLast
Results 15,741 to 15,760 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    This is why I don't get them. Call me a hippy, but I don't believe in vaccinations...hope you get well soon!
    Got the flu vaccine once, got the flu that year. I've never had the flu any other year.

No more flu vaccine for me.

How 'bout the Polio vaccine? Small Pox? Where do you draw the line?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    How 'bout the Polio vaccine? Small Pox? Where do you draw the line?

-jk
    Serious question -- or as serious as the LTE can get: does polio or small pox mutate like the flu? I have the (highly indicated) sense that "the flu" mutates and is highly variable, whereas the ones you mention are fairly static. So a flu shot may or may not innoculate against a particular strain of influenza, whereas the others are somewhat known and stable viruses.

I post this knowing that many of you took Bonkistry, and my sister lurker doctors may once again exploit my ignorance on all things medical. But there seems to be a difference between the flu and those you list.

Anyway, hope whoever has it, shakes it.

Signed, your local poly sci/history major.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Serious question -- or as serious as the LTE can get: does polio or small pox mutate like the flu? I have the (highly indicated) sense that "the flu" mutates and is highly variable, whereas the ones you mention are fairly static. So a flu shot may or may not innoculate against a particular strain of influenza, whereas the others are somewhat known and stable viruses.

I post this knowing that many of you took Bonkistry, and my sister lurker doctors may once again exploit my ignorance on all things medical. But there seems to be a difference between the flu and those you list.

Anyway, hope whoever has it, shakes it.

Signed, your local poly sci/history major.
    My limited understanding of the vaccines are that they must predict strains before the season, such that you may be unprotected against a particular strain. I think that is likely what happened with me. It appears to have run its course. As my signature picture shows(down below), I used a lot of Kleenex.

Happy New Year's Eve, you kooks!

Ready to enjoy THE football game and I've even got the blackeye peas soaking (gonna cook 'em w/smoked turkey wings) and V-8 juice ready for the 1/1/14 bloody marys.

Look at me, so organized!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Happy New Year's Eve, you kooks!

Ready to enjoy THE football game and I've even got the blackeye peas soaking (gonna cook 'em w/smoked turkey wings) and V-8 juice ready for the 1/1/14 bloody marys.

Look at me, so organized!
    About to leave for ATL, let's go Duke!

Ah, a brand new year. Duke basketball is playing with zip and promise, and Duke football is not only relevant but rising on the national stage. A chance to enjoy old friends and make new ones.

To 2014: may your smiles be wide, your coffee good, and may health and prosperity follow us all!

Ah, a brand new year. Duke basketball is playing with zip and promise, and Duke football is not only relevant but rising on the national stage. A chance to enjoy old friends and make new ones.

To 2014: may your smiles be wide, your coffee good, and may health and prosperity follow us all!
    Substitute coffee for beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Substitute coffee for beer
    Well, I was in the hotel room just waking up. But, yeah.

Got a tough situation to start the new year -- just opened a bottle of wine that I have never had before. Not good enough to really enjoy, not bad enough to toss. Not sure if it is corked, doesn't really taste wrong in "that" way.

Didn't plan on tough decisions today.

Well, I was in the hotel room just waking up. But, yeah.

Got a tough situation to start the new year -- just opened a bottle of wine that I have never had before. Not good enough to really enjoy, not bad enough to toss. Not sure if it is corked, doesn't really taste wrong in "that" way.

Didn't plan on tough decisions today.
    When in doubt, throw it out. Life's too short to drink bad wine.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    When in doubt, throw it out. Life's too short to drink bad wine.
    Excellent advice. It is peppery and an inference of vinegary, probably good for cooking.

Time to raid the cellar for something else.

This New Year's resolution: stop making promising that I am unlikely to keep.

homeland

Did Brody really die in Homeland, or did they pull a switcherroooo?

Anyone see this video of what i can only imagine is a heavily intoxicated Bama fan at the Rose Bowl? Pretty hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    Anyone see this video of what i can only imagine is a heavily intoxicated Bama fan at the Rose Bowl? Pretty hillarious.

I assume you meant Sugar Bowl.

Anyway, here's the LA Times write up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by comdytrd View Post
    Did Brody really die in Homeland, or did they pull a switcherroooo?
    Who the heck is Brody? Certainly couldn't be better than HKH Brodie?

How Cold Are You Tonight?

I'm in the mountains of NC and the thermometer says 7 degrees, while the weather channel says 1 degree. Bring your critters in and stay warm!

Im im western NC as well (Asheville) my latest reading said 9 degrees...tomorrow the low is -9...wow! Bundle up bud, its about to get frigid!

It is supposed to get into the high teens here in parts of San Antonio. I don't think my part of town will see that, mainly the northern hills.

Here in Hillsboro, FL they are predicting an over-night low of 47. High tomorrow of 65.