Page 743 of 788 FirstFirst ... 243643693733741742743744745753 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,860 of 15758
    Happy Labor Day. Don't labor too hard today.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Edit: I'm too old for this = I'm insane. (Though I am enjoying being back in school immensely.)
    If it wasn't for doing the work, and passing, I'd love to be back at Duke. Of course, with my attitude, I'd have to go 8 miles WSW to find classes I could pass! So I think I'll just take a pass...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    If it wasn't for doing the work, and passing, I'd love to be back at Duke. Of course, with my attitude, I'd have to go 8 miles WSW to find classes I could pass! So I think I'll just take a pass...
    I'll give you a B+ and you don't even have to show up for the next Brunchgate but I know you will.
    Not leaving until the game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'll give you a B+ and you don't even have to show up for the next Brunchgate but I know you will.
    I wouldn't miss the next Brunchgate, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I wouldn't miss the next Brunchgate, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!
    See, proving what I said. You and Devildeac have a classic contract. Offer, acceptance and consideration. Life is good.

One of life's greatest pleasures - getting a random text from my niece saying she can't wait for me to come visit! I love my family!

Cannot believe that Christmas trees are already out in the stores. We have not even hit Halloween!
    "Enjoy every sandwich" -- Warren Zevon

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Cannot believe that Christmas trees are already out in the stores. We have not even hit Halloween!
    Those are the artificial ones, counselor.

But you could always purchase one and hang M&Ms or Reese's PB cups on them for your trick or treat monsters next month.
    Not leaving until the game is over.

Hallmark stores put the ornaments out in July.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Hallmark stores put the ornaments out in July.
    Proving once again that Hallmark is Satan's handmaiden.

But I mean that in a positive way.

I have my first midterm in over 10 years this coming Monday. Pray for me.

I have my first midterm in over 10 years this coming Monday. Pray for me.
    What class?

(((((( good vibes regardless ))))))

What class?

(((((( good vibes regardless ))))))
    Thanks! Contracts (1st year of law school).

I refer to this as my midlife crisis = quit my job and went back to school (again- went back around 30 for my masters, and now this 10 years later).

Funny thing is, as stressful as this can be (and it IS, especially when compounded with the lack of sleep that this comparatively older student needs desperately), I'm happy and at peace being back in school. This stress is nothing compared to the circus I had been dealing with at previous jobs. Plus, I've been wanting to do this for about 25 years but never pulled the trigger. Maybe I was lazy. Maybe I was scared. Doesn't matter anymore. I'm here and (generally) enjoying it...

But I have a midterm on Monday. Yikes!

Edit: I should note that dealing with the stress for me is all about perspective.

Thanks! Contracts (1st year of law school).

I refer to this as my midlife crisis = quit my job and went back to school (again- went back around 30 for my masters, and now this 10 years later).

Funny thing is, as stressful as this can be (and it IS, especially when compounded with the lack of sleep that this comparatively older student needs desperately), I'm happy and at peace being back in school. This stress is nothing compared to the circus I had been dealing with at previous jobs. Plus, I've been wanting to do this for about 25 years but never pulled the trigger. Maybe I was lazy. Maybe I was scared. Doesn't matter anymore. I'm here and (generally) enjoying it...

But I have a midterm on Monday. Yikes!

Edit: I should note that dealing with the stress for me is all about perspective.
    The Restatement of Laws has great black letter law and hypotheticals, you may want to peruse on your subject matter.

Good luck!

The Restatement of Laws has great black letter law and hypotheticals, you may want to peruse on your subject matter.

Good luck!
    Thanks! I'll definitely look into it. Right now I have the E&E and a book of briefs keyed to my casebook. I just want it to be done already.

I survived the midterm on Monday. Now to write an Office Memo. The exciting turn my life has taken (but a happy one).

Forgot to mention we did the barren cow case today. I sided with the dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You will know best and worst when you truly understand The Rule Against Perpetuities
    And guess what I'm about to start for Property tomorrow. Prof said she was going to skip this but seems to have forgotten. Darn.

Forgot to mention we did the barren cow case today. I sided with the dissent.
    Rosie 2d?!? Haven't thought about her in decades. Yet, there it is.

(By the way, what is the name of that case?)

Pennoyer, btw, was a jerk. Just sayin'.

And guess what I'm about to start for Property tomorrow. Prof said she was going to skip this but seems to have forgotten. Darn.
    The rule is -- life in being plus 21 years. Still do not know what that means. I figured it could not be more than a question or two on the Bar Exam and I would focus elsewhere.