Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You mean like this:

Attachment 2764

3 syllables.

Sounds like.

Arrggghhhh...

(silence)
    That's what I wanted to see....

If unc sophomore Julie Brown had visited the LTE, she would know that Duke fans have been known to eat pop-tarts. The N&O have a blog post just for the LTE: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/dukeno...ting-pop-tarts

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If unc sophomore Julie Brown had visited the LTE, she would know that Duke fans have been known to eat pop-tarts. The N&O have a blog post just for the LTE: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/dukeno...ting-pop-tarts
    Well, for two years my breakfasts generally consisted of two cheese Dope Dogs from the rotary heater, sitting on our bench on East. So it is pretty clear that I am not "above" anything gestational-wise.

But I will admit I was not the typical Duke student, and fwiw I still strive for "non-typical."

I'm watching the recording of Stage 4 of the USA Pro Challenge. Jens Voight soloed his way to the victory. He turns 41 in less than a month. Very impressive. He is one of my favorite cyclists.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Well, for two years my breakfasts generally consisted of two cheese Dope Dogs from the rotary heater, sitting on our bench on East. So it is pretty clear that I am not "above" anything gestational-wise.
    Umm, if you're looking for g-words related to food, I think you should try "gustatory." I'm pretty sure you, OPK, can't do much, "gestational-wise."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Umm, if you're looking for g-words related to food, I think you should try "gustatory." I'm pretty sure you, OPK, can't do much, "gestational-wise."
    True. Or maybe "gut-bombed"

Yeah - we have had rain all day long. I have gotten about 3 inches today. I wish Isaac hadn't caused so many problems in LA and MS and Al but I'm grateful for the steady rain it has brought my part of KS today.

By 8:30 this morning, I had 5 inches of rain in my rain gauge. I'm pretty sure I got more than that but that is the top level of my gauge. It is still raining.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    By 8:30 this morning, I had 5 inches of rain in my rain gauge. I'm pretty sure I got more than that but that is the top level of my gauge. It is still raining.
    Any sign of cyclones? Anything odd flying through the air?

sage

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Any sign of cyclones? Anything odd flying through the air?

sage
    Rumored sightings:

wizard-of-oz-posters2.jpg
    Not leaving until the game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Rumored sightings:

wizard-of-oz-posters2.jpg
    Didn't see them - just some flying monkeys.

I have survived my first two weeks of law school. Far too many to count to go.

In the words of Billy Joel, "That only proves that I'm insane."

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post

Congratulations!

The best and the worst are yet to come.

"That only proves that I'm insane."
    Ah, but not under the rule of M'Naghten.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    The best and the worst are yet to come.
    I keep saying I'm too old for this... stuff (I want to say something else but I'll be called a wanker. ) but somehow I decided to do it anyway. (Would you mind defining "best" and "worst" in your opinion?)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ah, but not under the rule of M'Naghten.
    Oh come on now, let's not get ahead. We haven't gotten to insanity defenses yet.

I keep saying I'm too old for this... stuff (I want to say something else but I'll be called a wanker. ) but somehow I decided to do it anyway. (Would you mind defining "best" and "worst" in your opinion?)

Oh come on now, let's not get ahead. We haven't gotten to insanity defenses yet.
    You will know best and worst when you truly understand The Rule Against Perpetuities and The Rule in Shelly's Case.

You will know best and worst when you truly understand The Rule Against Perpetuities and The Rule in Shelly's Case.
    Will I ever truly understand any of it, or just enough to pass my exams and the bar eventually?

Will I ever truly understand any of it, or just enough to pass my exams and the bar eventually?
    If you want to be a good lawyer, you have to truly understand the legal concepts, not just get by. All law is contracts, in one form or another. Learn contracts well.

If you want to be a good lawyer, you have to truly understand the legal concepts, not just get by. All law is contracts, in one form or another. Learn contracts well.
    I meant in that change seems to be pretty standard in interpretation causing the need for new statutes, laws, rules, etc.

I have contracts now. It's not that I dislike it, but it seems to be SO much more work than the other classes. Sheer volume of reading is beyond daunting.

Edit: I'm too old for this = I'm insane. (Though I am enjoying being back in school immensely.)