Page 733 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 23363368372373173273373473574378383312331733 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,660 of 67401
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    There was this one small "incident" with a "wedding crasher."

Where's the "Like" button?

I haven't posted here in awhile.

Currently watching "Smokey and the Bandit," -- I forgot how dated this movie is. (Lots of sexist/racist/homophobic lines that would be edited out in this day and age.) It's still got some great scenes, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

Currently watching "Smokey and the Bandit," -- I forgot how dated this movie is. (Lots of sexist/racist/homophobic lines that would be edited out in this day and age.) It's still got some great scenes, tho.
    Classic. I had the soundtrack album as a kid as well, and flat out wore the grooves off of it. East bound and down . . . .

Watched Crazy Heart last night. Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

Is this part of new baby syndrome? My sister watched some strange things during those late night/early morning feedings.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Classic. I had the soundtrack album as a kid as well, and flat out wore the grooves off of it. East bound and down . . . .

Watched Crazy Heart last night. Eh.
    I liked Maggie Gyllenhaal in that, and the story, but yeah, not earth-shattering. Bridges is touring this summer with the "Crazy Heart" band - bet that's a hit of a show...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is this part of new baby syndrome? My sister watched some strange things during those late night/early morning feedings.
    Actually, it was by choice!

For late night, I tend to either listen to audiobooks, watch NBC nightly news or TED Talks via podcast, or various TV shows courtesy of netflix streaming -- all of which I can do on my phone, as there's no TV in the nursery.

If she's really fussy and I need to move about, I prefer sports on the TV -- last night, it was MLS Soccer, go Seattle Sounders.

Obviously an imposter. I don't see any "headband" tape on his forehead, and he clearly doesn't know there's no such song as "Devil With The White Dress On." I hope the authorities were able to intervene in a timely fashion and give this miscreant the thorough beating he so richly deserved...
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Obviously an imposter. I don't see any "headband" tape on his forehead, and he clearly doesn't know there's no such song as "Devil With The White Dress On." I hope the authorities were able to intervene in a timely fashion and give this miscreant the thorough beating he so richly deserved...

He was the real deal. Trust me.

1. I had requested a "headband" tape and one of my co-conspirators forgot it.
    2. They were dancing to "Hey, Baby," not "Devil with the Blue/White Dress" as that was on the play list for a later dance.
    3. He had actually written a "secret admirer" letter to the bride and was apprehended on the premises but managed to elude the event coordinator just long enough to dance with the bride and the mothers of the bride and groom before escaping into the night.
    4. And, BTW, nobody beats the Blue Devil.

Can't go zone, for sure.

(Congrats!)

He was the real deal. Trust me.

1. I had requested a "headband" tape and one of my co-conspirators forgot it.
    2. They were dancing to "Hey, Baby," not "Devil with the Blue/White Dress" as that was on the play list for a later dance.
    3. He had actually written a "secret admirer" letter to the bride and was apprehended on the premises but managed to elude the event coordinator just long enough to dance with the bride and the mothers of the bride and groom before escaping into the night.
    Hmmm... I'm still suspicious. Maybe the tape wasn't "forgotten", but actually used to tape a lock open on an exit door? It's been known to happen before...

This character went chasing after the bride, and BOTH mothers of bride and groom!?! At least the "secret admirer" letter wasn't a text with icky attachments, but still seems too much like a borderline stalker to be the real Blue Devil...
    Last edited by Turk; 06-14-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: whimsy

Oh, yeah and by the way, congrats!!

On the news, they are showing a new type of Barbie doll: Anthony Weiner doll. It is 39.99. The adult version is $10 more. lol

Will Anthony give Ken competition with Barbie and Skipper? Twitter the results with a twitpic!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    Will Anthony give Ken competition with Barbie and Skipper?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

I just saw this. This makes me so damn happy.

Congratulations on the special day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    I just saw this. This makes me so damn happy.

Congratulations on the special day!
    Made us pretty darn happy, too. You are very kind to comment and thank you. I'll tell you the whole story some time. Perhaps during a Brunchgate this season over a fine hand-crafted ale or two and some ribs or a brat at our tent in Devils alley...

Made us pretty darn happy, too. You are very kind to comment and thank you. I'll tell you the whole story some time. Perhaps during a Brunchgate this season over a fine hand-crafted ale or two and some ribs or a brat at our tent in Devils alley...
    Make it for the Stanford game, and I'd love to join 'ya.

CameronBornand Bred and TNTDevil will have plenty of space on their grills for that game, probably starting with breakfast about 9 or 10 AM. We'll have to have an extra cooler as Bob Green and his Dad will be joining us for that upset special.

I believe Mike Corey said he's trying to be there for that game. Might even be when we are venturing to the Angus Barn on Friday night to settle his bet debt to me!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

It would be great to re-make your acquaintances. I met several of you very briefly before the Alabama game, I was over with the hostess with the mostess (DiBD) and my family.

I will be the one with the kids asking "tell me again why this is different than Alabama?" over and over. "Because it is, child. Because it is."

Maybe I need a DBR hat with my name on it.

At Seventeen

This month, two of my Granddaughters are turning seventeen, and I thought back to my own year at seventeen. It was the year I enlisted in the Marine Corps, the year that put me on the path to Duke, even though I enlisted during my high school junior year, and pointed me toward a long association with the Marine Corps. And then I forgot about that year, mostly. It didn't come up again in my mind until 1975, the year that Janis Ian won a Grammy for her song, "At Seventeen." I liked it, for its musicality, but I didn't notice its lyrics. Seventeen was a long way back for me, and the lyrics weren't important. And I forgot about it again.

Not more than an hour ago I was signing a birthday card for one of them, and I wanted to say something nice. I remembered the song, and looked up the lyrics for inspiration. Wow, I was disappointed. Seventeen can be a tough year for kids, but the song was about the troubles one faces at seventeen, and I wanted to say something encouraging. I really like Janis Ian, and her music. I even have one of her albums, on vinyl, but I cannot remember the last time I played that album.

...We all play the game and when we dare
    To cheat ourselves at solitaire
    Inventing lovers on the phone
    Repenting other lives unknown
    That call and say, come dance with me
    And murmur vague obscenities
    It isn't all it seems
    At seventeen...
    How could I possibly find something to encourage the girls from that song? Such a beautiful song, but so depressing. I dropped that idea, and signed on the card that seventeen was the best year for me, the year when all things came together. Then I just backspaced over that, and typed in, "Love, Grandpa." Now, the song had depressed me, but I thought about these two kids, just entering the senior year in Durham School of the Arts, and relished the fact that they are excited about their lives. I don't have to worry about them, even though I am the family worrier. They know where they are headed.