Page 681 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 18158163167167968068168268369173178111811681 ... LastLast
Results 13,601 to 13,620 of 67660
    I find it funny how people are saying this is a dumb call, because if it worked people would be calling him a genius and maybe the best coach of all time right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I find it funny how people are saying this is a dumb call, because if it worked people would be calling him a genius and maybe the best coach of all time right now.
    That's the life of a head coach. The chiefs went for it on 4th & 1 in the red zone (actually tried to go for it - they didn't make it) instead of kicking a field goal. I called the coach an idiot. Fortunately, they did get the ball back, kicked a field goal, and managed a timely pick off a tipped pass to hang on and beat the Raiders. The win persuaded me to give them back their i so that they are the chiefs instead of the chefs. They will need to win a few more before they get any capital letters back.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The Chiefs get their 'i' and their capital 'C' from me because Mike Vrabel plays for them now. Am I still allowed to wear my Mike Vrabel #50 Patriots jersey? He's my all time favorite Pat.

i would still be calling him arrogant.

Happy Tuesday everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The Chiefs get their 'i' and their capital 'C' from me because Mike Vrabel plays for them now. Am I still allowed to wear my Mike Vrabel #50 Patriots jersey? He's my all time favorite Pat.
    That's fine for you but since they are 8 and 33 over the last 3 years, they don't get capital letters in my book. I like Vrabel but not enough for C.

Understood. They aren't my team.

On a brighter note, Zach Greinke won the AL Cy Young award today. Amazing that the team record didn't seem to hold him back.

I wonder what team we will see him on in the near future. Yankees, Socks who knows.

I wonder what team we will see him on in the near future. Yankees, Socks who knows.
    The Yankees, and he'll be throwing to Joe Mauer! (That oughta rankle a few feathers around here!) (Where's that Crazie ROTFLMAO smilie when you need it )
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Hey as a Yanks fan i'm not madd at what you just said.

He has a pretty good contract here - and made an extra $100k for the Cy Young award. He also doesn't like a lot of publicity/attention so hopefully he will stay here.

It does seem like the Royals are a farm team for other franchises.

Yea i think with the record yall had last year he is def. gone. SORRY

I don't know about him leaving - he has a $38m contract through 2012 and the Royals haven't had a winning record since 2003 and the only winning season before that was 1993. I think he knew what he was getting into when he signed.

Of course, if the Royals are offered enough, they would probably take it. There has been no demonstration that a winning team is important since Mr. K owned the team.

I hope the Royals keep him. Although, he could bring some interesting trade conversations to the table. Boston needs a pitcher. A DECENT pitcher. so...

Quote Originally Posted by rskale7 View Post
    I hope the Royals keep him. Although, he could bring some interesting trade conversations to the table. Boston needs a pitcher. A DECENT pitcher. so...
    What? I think Lester and Beckett are both decent, maybe even a bit better than that. Matsuzaka has his days and the jury is still out on Buchholz. He has shown the ability to be brilliant but he's not consistent. Papelbon needs something besides a fastball to stay high level. I hope he spends the off season with his curve. Sure, I'd welcome Greinke to the Red Sox, but he wouldn't be Boston's only decent pitcher if he came here.

oh def. Beckett is good, but he seemed off at the end of the season. The only problem is that no seemed consistently good. In other words who could you count on to get a win?

All you baseball people need to go elsewhere and stop tainting the LTE. Sheesh. Maybe I should start a "Boo, Baseball" thread.

(For those of you who are unaware, it's true, baseball bores the snot out of me but I'm being tongue in cheek above... or sticking my tongue out... whatever. )

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    All you baseball people need to go elsewhere and stop tainting the LTE. Sheesh. Maybe I should start a "Boo, Baseball" thread.

(For those of you who are unaware, it's true, baseball bores the snot out of me but I'm being tongue in cheek above... or sticking my tongue out... whatever. )
    But it gets us a bit closer to 13,500 so a few comments are ok, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post

I thought you were a Yankee fan?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I hate baseball except when the Yanks are playing.