Page 65 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667751151655651065 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 67408
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    86 brimming bottles of 'this sucks.' Make it stop!
    Who had the over on BD's 71? I was shooting for the under but the train appears to be falling off the tracks much sooner than I expected...

the train cannot fall off the tracks

Patrick Davidson would not let the train fall off the tracks. He would fly in, lift the train, and set it back on the tracks.

86 bottles of Beck's on the wall, 86 bottles of Beck's
    If one of the bottles should happen to fall
    85 bottles of Beck's on the wall.

Finally, a thread bbreen can't PW

In the immortal words of Admiral Stockdale:
    "Who am I? What am I doing here?"

85 bottles of Harp on the wall, 85 bottles of Harp
    If one of the bottles should happen to fall
    84 bottles of Harp on the wall.

I am apart of the longest thread ever sweet!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Welcome Gator, you don't have to send dues to Throaty, but you should go make a donation to my Boston Marathon run. ;-) (See the marathon fund raising shameless begging thread)

Knee report - leg weights, yoga, and running with knee braces on are all helping, tomorrow or Monday depending on hubby's schedule - 13 mile run.

83 bottles of beer on the wall, 83 bottles of beer,
    take one down pass it around (if it should fall)
    82 bottles of beer on the wall

Since I made the prediction of 71, I really can't be the one to stop this nonsense.

Speaking of Marathon donations - DBR rocks. I'm moving along slowly but surely but DBR represents! I love you guys, group hug.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Nobody has double posted for awhile. Whenever someone refers to me as BD, which is fine with me by the way, I think of Doonesbury. Anybody else? I need a football helmet.

Is there a way to rep on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Nobody has double posted for awhile. Whenever someone refers to me as BD, which is fine with me by the way, I think of Doonesbury. Anybody else? I need a football helmet.
    That's funny. Ymo has been on a double-posting rant on multiple threads. I'm beginning to think Ymo is devildeac.

longest

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    That's funny. Ymo has been on a double-posting rant on multiple threads. I'm beginning to think Ymo is devildeac.
    nah, different zip codes(and administration frowns upon multiple user names, though that is not a bad idea...[only kidding, mods])

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    nah, different zip codes(and administration frowns upon multiple user names, though that is not a bad idea...[only kidding, mods])

Uhmmm, I'm the taller, good looking one of the two.

longest

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Uhmmm, I'm the taller, good looking one of the two.
    that would make me the faster, more intelligent one then, right .

Mason Plumlee gets 11,000+ views on 95 posts. You would think people are more fascinated by who may be coming than anything else that gets posted at DBR.

Mason Plumlee gets 11,000+ views on 95 posts. You would think people are more fascinated by who may be coming than anything else that gets posted at DBR.
    And you would be right.

Everyone's favorite comedy from the 80's?

Everyone's favorite comedy from the 80's?
    Coming to America, without a doubt.

In no particular order, the other contenders: Ferris, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Beverly Hills Cop, Real Genius, Revenge of the Nerds, Trading Places, Fletch.

Caddyshack belongs in there as well, since it's technically from 1980, but I tend to consider it a slightly different vintage from the others.

Real Genius has grown on me over time. I would add The Princess Bride to your list of contenders.

Real Genius has grown on me over time. I would add The Princess Bride to your list of contenders.
    Ooh, that was a huge oversight. Apologies.

Real Genius is one of my favorite movies, and my repeated childhood viewings were at least partially responsible for my desire to attend a quality university. That movie made me the nerd I am today.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Real Genius is one of my favorite movies, and my repeated childhood viewings were at least partially responsible for my desire to attend a quality university. That movie made me the nerd I am today.
    Did you ever have a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Actually, that movie scared me away from the "Techs" (Cal, Mass. Int., etc.) of the university realms.

I love your list, and will also add "A Fish Called Wanda."

The London Underground is not a political organization.

I have a good friend from undergrad named Ken. I used to always call him K-k-k-k-ken. Others hated it for some reason.

Good addition to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Did you ever have a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
    Kent Torokvei: Uh, I'll catch up with you guys. I have to go to the bathroom.
    Chris Knight: Okay, Kent, but I don't think that's going to help your confidence any, do you?