Page 54 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556641041545541054 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 67385
    Kind o' quiet in here...must be something on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I have the old archive from the previous incarnation of this board. I can repost that to get us started.
    That would be great!! Please do! Thanks.

Talking The snrub ... it woiks!!

Congrats billybreen on a successful snrubchat modification. It worked great!

The community in the snrub is pretty tight. It's a lot like the OTB; few sensitivity issues there (unlike the PPB).

I must admit ... perhaps we ought to spread our good will and charity message to the PPB! We could transform it from its current "Bicker Board" status. Who knows? Maybe it will soon become "The Love Board."

If so, I'd like to play Gopher.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

The level of discourse is currently being elevated in at least one PPB thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Congrats billybreen on a successful snrubchat modification. It worked great!

The community in the snrub is pretty tight. It's a lot like the OTB; few sensitivity issues there (unlike the PPB).

I must admit ... perhaps we ought to spread our good will and charity message to the PPB! We could transform it from its current "Bicker Board" status. Who knows? Maybe it will soon become "The Love Board."

If so, I'd like to play Gopher.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    The PPB has actually been much, much worse over the years. It's not exactly the lovefest that we have on the OTB, but it's also not quite a toxic wasteland. Wait till we get within a month of the general election.

Smile Old Board Name, Current Board Name

The PPB has actually been much, much worse over the years. It's not exactly the lovefest that we have on the OTB, but it's also not quite a toxic wasteland. Wait till we get within a month of the general election.
    Have the mods considered posting a decorum sticky on the PPB in advance of the general election?

Compared to last year, I guess a lot of the previous Board rabblerousers have either switched names or moved on. I think you're right that it hasn't quite reached a toxic wasteland. Hmm... I think I know a little about those.

What % of the old Board'ers stuck through all the changes? How many did not?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Have the mods considered posting a decorum sticky on the PPB in advance of the general election?

Compared to last year, I guess a lot of the previous Board rabblerousers have either switched names or moved on. I think you're right that it hasn't quite reached a toxic wasteland. Hmm... I think I know a little about those.

What % of the old Board'ers stuck through all the changes? How many did not?
    Good question. I don't think there are all that many. A number went to BTD, and a number may have gotten lives. I call them quitters

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I posted very rarely under the old system now, well, you can see the results of the new system for me. Sometimes I would post but never get around to entering the codes so those posts just went into limbo I guess.

The most trouble I ever got into on the old boards was when I tried to defend the sociology majors by stating that really, there are no gut majors at Duke. (I still believe that, whereas I think you can try to get through taking the easiest route possible, overall there are no truly gut majors, oooo, maybe I'm starting something again. The same holds for Harvard, lest you think I'm a snob. )

I've searched but I can't find it, what happened to PatrickYates, or do I want to know?

I wrote the first draft of a 10 minute play today. I'm writing it specifically for a festival that's held in North Carolina (Carrboro) in the summer. I made the short list but the not the final 10 for this same festival last year. This year, since there were no North Carolina plays or playwrights on the program, I'm trying to change that. (I'm a Durham native.) The play is called Almost Made in Heaven, anybody want to guess what it's about? Hint, it's pretty specific to North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I wrote the first draft of a 10 minute play today. I'm writing it specifically for a festival that's held in North Carolina (Carrboro) in the summer. I made the short list but the not the final 10 for this same festival last year. This year, since there were no North Carolina plays or playwrights on the program, I'm trying to change that. (I'm a Durham native.) The play is called Almost Made in Heaven, anybody want to guess what it's about? Hint, it's pretty specific to North Carolina.
    It's about a promising young basketball star who squanders his talent by obsessively posting to an online forum, right?

How Chapel Hill is actually Hell disguised?

Good question. I don't think there are all that many. A number went to BTD, and a number may have gotten lives. I call them quitters
    Lives? What are those?

No, it's not about a promising young basketball star. That's my next play. Should I interview you, billy?

Lives? What are those?

No, it's not about a promising young basketball star. That's my next play. Should I interview you, billy?
    Yeah, I'm the only case study you'll ever need.

So, that makes three Boston area folks posting to the OTB on a Saturday night? Are people going to think we New Englanders are pathetic?

No, we're just resting up for the Super Bowl tomorrow, right? (I am running 13 miles in the morning.)

You can find a few comments about Mac users in this BW link near the bottom in a section called Links

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...036_page_2.htm

Yeah, I'm the only case study you'll ever need.
    Be honest, how good are (were) you?

The only running I anticipate is after a cat or two and maybe to the corner grocery store. Too much happening tomorrow night so I have to do the laundry, etc. tonight.

Smile It's cold up in Boston

So, that makes three Boston area folks posting to the OTB on a Saturday night? Are people going to think we New Englanders are pathetic?

No, we're just resting up for the Super Bowl tomorrow, right? (I am running 13 miles in the morning.)
    Run, Boston, Run! In what temperature?

The Mafia is also posting (but with not the frequency of the Boston Gang).

And the Arkansas Assassins are being represented.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Great, unbeatable, until they put other people out on the court.

Truthfully, not bad but I didn't have great lateral quickness which is necessary to defend well. My only claim to fame is that at 6' even I could manage a dunk(barely, definitely not a thing of beauty). On that note, I think I was ahead of Wojo and maybe Bobby.

Simply terrible. Just awful. The only sports I've ever excelled at are miniaturized versions of real sports. Give me a ping pong paddle, and I'm nigh unbeatable. Just ask CWell and Nate James -- they both felt the wrath countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You can find a few comments about Mac users in this BW link near the bottom in a section called Links

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...036_page_2.htm
    Guilty as charged.