Page 387 of 788 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 15756
  1. #7721
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Sue, did you have the cat with you in the passenger cabin? I certainly hope not - I'm extremely allergic to cats (I don't hate them, I just can't be around them) and I'd hate to think an airline would allow one to travel in the passenger cabin, where cat dander will linger forever.

    Glad you made it safely to Vegas. Have an adventure you won't tell anyone (but us!) about
    Yes. I paid for her to travel. She stays in her case and occasionally will pop her head out but that's it. She goes under the seat in front or between my feet.

  2. #7722
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Wow, that is rough trip...my cats have never traveled. Not sure how they would do.
    She normally travels very well. The first few trips I drugged her- the vet said he could prescribe something or just get plain old Benadryl and give her the equivalent mg to her size (ie 7 lbs gets 7 mgs, etc). I found that to be a bit much (through experience w/ her) so I'd whittled it down to about a 1/4 pill. Getting her to take it was NOT fun. More like force her mouth open and drop it down her throat and hope she keep it down. Then it takes a day or two to completely wear off.

    Last few trips I haven't drugged her. This trip, hindsight being what it is, I probably should have. She did really, really well, considering everything. Now she just hates me.

  3. #7723
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    You are one brave woman. There are some airlines I won't fly. This is one of them.

    I will pray for your safe return.
    I flew Jet Blue once before- flawless. Flights even left a few min early and got in early.

    Forgot to mention- on the 1st plane before we knew we were in a mechanical situation, they handed out free headphones. Very nice. 2nd plane the tvs/radio in my row was out. So that made the 2nd wait oh so bearable (sp?). Not.

  4. #7724
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Yes. I paid for her to travel. She stays in her case and occasionally will pop her head out but that's it. She goes under the seat in front or between my feet.
    The fact that she is in the cabin at all is very disturbing, unless she is in an airtight case where no cat dander can escape, which is certainly not the "case" that she is in. I would have to insist to the airline crew that either I or the cat deplane immediately; I'd probably end up in jail, or at least airport detention if there was any disagreement.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  5. #7725
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    The fact that she is in the cabin at all is very disturbing, unless she is in an airtight case where no cat dander can escape, which is certainly not the "case" that she is in. I would have to insist to the airline crew that either I or the cat deplane immediately; I'd probably end up in jail, or at least airport detention if there was any disagreement.
    It's something I always fear- that a person with wicked cat allergies will be on my plane, or worse, seated next to me. So, so good.

    And I'm sure you know, pet carriers can't be airtight.

  6. #7726
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    It's something I always fear- that a person with wicked cat allergies will be on my plane, or worse, seated next to me. So, so good.

    And I'm sure you know, pet carriers can't be airtight.
    That's why I said
    unless she is in an airtight case where no cat dander can escape, which is certainly not the "case" that she is in
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  7. #7727
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    That's why I said
    There have been some totally unruly children or obnoxious adults on some of our flights that we wish could have been in airtight containers.

  8. #7728
    All children aren't angels?

    Where'd all the Kleenex go?

  9. #7729
    Is there any way ShamWow might solve this cat dander dilemma?

    Where'd all the Kleenex go?

  10. #7730
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    All children aren't angels?
    I know you're kidding, but we would have loaned you 1 or 2 of ours during their, uhh, "formative years" if you really believed that.

  11. #7731
    They tend to be better behaved in rental situations from my experience...

    Where'd all the Kleenex go?

  12. #7732
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is there any way ShamWow might solve this cat dander dilemma?
    It IS German made, after all.

  13. #7733
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    They tend to be better behaved in rental situations from my experience...
    In general, very true.

    I would have given you a special annual rate...(renewable, too)

  14. #7734
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Yes. I paid for her to travel. She stays in her case and occasionally will pop her head out but that's it. She goes under the seat in front or between my feet.
    How much more did you have to pay for her travel? I wonder if it costs more than bringing two checked bags.

  15. #7735
    7 hours of no posts, what's up with that?

    Where'd all the Kleenex go?

  16. #7736
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    7 hours of no posts, what's up with that?
    Been posting in other threads.

    Pastrami.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  17. #7737
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Pastrami.
    Hmmm, that has been a running theme the last few days.

    Where'd all the Kleenex go?

  18. #7738
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm, that has been a running theme the last few days.
    Ozzie, pastrami and running do not belong in the same sentence. Remember, he's the one who said his time in the 40 yard dash was measured with an hour glass.

  19. #7739
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ozzie, pastrami and running do not belong in the same sentence. Remember, he's the one who said his time in the 40 yard dash was measured with an hour glass.
    Interesting podcast at Ted.com talking about life on Mars, etc. It looked at life in some caves in Mexico I think. Well, long story short, the environment was dominated by sulfuric acid and when they transplanted some of the life(bacteria of some sort I think) nothing happened. A year later, something finally did. It took a single bacteria one year to grow. In other words, different forms of life move at different speeds, speeds we may not be used to.

    Key takeaway: Ozzie must be an alien...

    hahahahahaha, I keed, I keed...

    Where'd all the Kleenex go?

  20. #7740
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    7 hours of no posts, what's up with that?
    Sleep is a wonderful thing if you can find it.

    I haven't seen a post from Miles lately. All okay?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •